IndiaDivine.org

Nutritional Yeast

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Can anyone explain to me what nutritional yeast is?

I've been a vegetarian for over 10 years and just new to becoming a vegan. I

have come across this " nutritional yeast " in a lot of recipes and saying it's a

good substitute for cheese. I understand it's high in B complex, which is always

good, but I guess I'm not quite understanding exactly what it is.

Is there a simple small recipe that someone can suggest so I can give it a try

without wasting a lot of food?

Jackie

nutritional yeast is yeast, generally beer yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) that is usually grown on molasses. it is dried and sold as flakes, powder or the like. easily fond in the bulk section of supermarkets.

bcoffthegrid Feb 16, 2010 11:56 PM Nutritional Yeast

Can anyone explain to me what nutritional yeast is?I've been a vegetarian for over 10 years and just new to becoming a vegan. I have come across this "nutritional yeast" in a lot of recipes and saying it's a good substitute for cheese. I understand it's high in B complex, which is always good, but I guess I'm not quite understanding exactly what it is.Is there a simple small recipe that someone can suggest so I can give it a try without wasting a lot of food?Jackie

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!

I think we don't have recipes using nutritional yeast in the UK. It is brewer's

yeast in flake form - very good source of all the vitamins B. We can get it

here in tablet or powder form.

Jo

, " bcoffthegrid " <jttranscripts wrote:

>

> Can anyone explain to me what nutritional yeast is?

>

> I've been a vegetarian for over 10 years and just new to becoming a vegan. I

have come across this " nutritional yeast " in a lot of recipes and saying it's a

good substitute for cheese. I understand it's high in B complex, which is always

>

> Is there a simple small recipe that someone can suggest so I can give it a try

>

> Jackie

>

At 4:56 AM +0000 2/17/10, bcoffthegrid wrote:

>Is there a simple small recipe that someone can suggest so I can

>give it a try without wasting a lot of food?

>

I used to make a curry mix with a couple dozen spices (mostly

coriander) plus sesame seeds and nutritional yeast. It was great on

rice. One of these days I'll have to make a new batch.

If you can buy nutritional yeast in bulk, you can get just a little

to start. You can just sprinkle a little on rice, vegs, or even

popcorn. I think it's best used as a condiment, not in larger doses.

The nutritional yeast that I've used is available as a fine yellow

powder or yellow flakes. It includes vitamin B-12. At least in the

U.S., it's different from the brownish granular brewer's yeast, which

I haven't used.

Some years ago, I knew people who were making some " cheese " recipes

based on cashews. As far as I can recall, it was edible, but then

I've never been a fan of cheese in any guise.

I love nutritional yeast on popcorn and I smother my spaghetti with it as a

substitute for parmesan cheese.

Had to buy a tub of it from veganessentials.com because I go through it so

quickly.

Just try it on simple things to get the " taste " of it...you'll find a ton of

recipes to try it in eventually.

, " bcoffthegrid " <jttranscripts wrote:

>

>

>

> Is there a simple small recipe that someone can suggest so I can give it a try

>

> Jackie

>

Well, am I ever glad I asked. See, I had no idea it was the same thing as

Brewer's yeast. I actually have some of this that I sprinkle over my dogs' food,

or used to and then it got pushed to the back of the cupboard in the dog feeding

room, LOL. I will dig it out again and sprinkle some of it on my food too.

Sometimes I can be such an idiot, LOL.

Thanks everyone.

Jackie

, yarrow wrote:

>

> At 4:56 AM +0000 2/17/10, bcoffthegrid wrote:

> >Is there a simple small recipe that someone can suggest so I can

> >give it a try without wasting a lot of food?

> >

>

> I used to make a curry mix with a couple dozen spices (mostly

> coriander) plus sesame seeds and nutritional yeast. It was great on

> rice. One of these days I'll have to make a new batch.

>

> If you can buy nutritional yeast in bulk, you can get just a little

> to start. You can just sprinkle a little on rice, vegs, or even

> popcorn. I think it's best used as a condiment, not in larger doses.

>

> The nutritional yeast that I've used is available as a fine yellow

> powder or yellow flakes. It includes vitamin B-12. At least in the

> U.S., it's different from the brownish granular brewer's yeast, which

> I haven't used.

>

> Some years ago, I knew people who were making some " cheese " recipes

> based on cashews. As far as I can recall, it was edible, but then

> I've never been a fan of cheese in any guise.

>

well, to be technical, not EXACTLY the same thing

nutritional yeast is "beer" yeast grown on molasses (either beet or sugarcane)

brewers yeast is spent yeast from the brewing process. the main ingredient in marmite and vegemite. tho also in powdered form and the like

bcoffthegrid Feb 17, 2010 12:00 PM Re: Nutritional Yeast

Well, am I ever glad I asked. See, I had no idea it was the same thing as Brewer's yeast. I actually have some of this that I sprinkle over my dogs' food, or used to and then it got pushed to the back of the cupboard in the dog feeding room, LOL. I will dig it out again and sprinkle some of it on my food too. Sometimes I can be such an idiot, LOL.Thanks everyone.Jackie , yarrow wrote:>> At 4:56 AM +0000 2/17/10, bcoffthegrid wrote:> >Is there a simple small recipe that someone can suggest so I can > >give it a try without wasting a lot of food?> >> > I used to make a curry mix with a couple dozen spices (mostly > coriander) plus sesame seeds and nutritional yeast. It was great on > rice. One of these days I'll have to make a new batch.> > If you can buy nutritional yeast in bulk, you can get just a little > to start. You can just sprinkle a little on rice, vegs, or even > popcorn. I think it's best used as a condiment, not in larger doses.> > The nutritional yeast that I've used is available as a fine yellow > powder or yellow flakes. It includes vitamin B-12. At least in the > U.S., it's different from the brownish granular brewer's yeast, which > I haven't used.> > Some years ago, I knew people who were making some "cheese" recipes > based on cashews. As far as I can recall, it was edible, but then > I've never been a fan of cheese in any guise.>

It's not the same as brewer's yeast, which is a by-product of beer brewing; it's grown on molasses as you said, but has nothing to do with beer. Brewer's yeast has a somewhat bitter flavor where as nutritional yeast does not.Patricia--- On Tue, 2/16/10, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: Nutritional Yeast Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 10:45 PM

nutritional yeast is yeast, generally beer yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) that is usually grown on molasses. it is dried and sold as flakes, powder or the like. easily fond in the bulk section of supermarkets.

bcoffthegrid Feb 16, 2010 11:56 PM Nutritional Yeast

Can anyone explain to me what nutritional yeast is?I've been a vegetarian for over 10 years and just new to becoming a vegan. I have come across this "nutritional yeast" in a lot of recipes and saying it's a good substitute for cheese. I understand it's high in B complex, which is always good, but I guess I'm not quite understanding exactly what it is.Is there a simple small recipe that someone can suggest so I can give it a try without wasting a lot of food?Jackie

Also, nutritional yeast is higher in B12 than brewer's yeast.Patricia--- On Wed, 2/17/10, yarrow <yarrow wrote:yarrow <yarrowRe: Nutritional Yeast Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 12:22 AMAt 4:56 AM +0000 2/17/10, bcoffthegrid wrote:>Is there a simple small recipe that someone can suggest so I can >give it a try without wasting a lot of food?>I used to make a curry mix with a couple dozen spices (mostly coriander) plus sesame seeds and nutritional yeast. It was great on rice. One of

these days I'll have to make a new batch.If you can buy nutritional yeast in bulk, you can get just a little to start. You can just sprinkle a little on rice, vegs, or even popcorn. I think it's best used as a condiment, not in larger doses.The nutritional yeast that I've used is available as a fine yellow powder or yellow flakes. It includes vitamin B-12. At least in the U.S., it's different from the brownish granular brewer's yeast, which I haven't used.Some years ago, I knew people who were making some "cheese" recipes based on cashews. As far as I can recall, it was edible, but then I've never been a fan of cheese in any guise.---To send an email to -! Groups

Links<*> /<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: /join ( ID required)<*> To change settings via email: -digest -fullfeatured <*>

I love it, too, even made into a paste and eaten as a sncck.Patricia--- On Wed, 2/17/10, whitty__ <ravenwolf18 wrote:whitty__ <ravenwolf18 Re: Nutritional Yeast Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 8:49 AMI love nutritional yeast on popcorn and I smother my spaghetti with it as a substitute for parmesan cheese.Had to buy a tub of it from veganessentials.com because I go through it so quickly. Just try it on simple things to get the "taste" of it...you'll find a ton of recipes to try it in eventually. , "bcoffthegrid" <jttranscripts wrote:>> Can anyone explain to me what nutritional yeast is?> > I've been a vegetarian for over 10 years and just new to becoming a vegan. I have come across this "nutritional yeast" in a lot of recipes and saying it's a good substitute for cheese. I understand it's high in B complex, which is always good, but I guess I'm not quite understanding exactly what it is.> > Is there a simple small recipe that someone can suggest so I can give it a try without wasting a lot of food?> > Jackie>---To send an email to -! Groups Links<*> /<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: /join ( ID required)<*> To change settings via email: -digest -fullfeatured <*>

They are not the same.Patricia--- On Wed, 2/17/10, bcoffthegrid <jttranscripts wrote:bcoffthegrid <jttranscripts Re: Nutritional Yeast Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 9:00 AMWell, am I ever glad I asked. See, I had no idea it was the same thing as Brewer's yeast. I actually have some of this that I sprinkle over my dogs' food, or used to and then it got pushed to the back of the cupboard in the dog feeding room, LOL. I will dig it out again and sprinkle some of it on my food too. Sometimes I can be such an idiot, LOL.Thanks

everyone.Jackie , yarrow wrote:>> At 4:56 AM +0000 2/17/10, bcoffthegrid wrote:> >Is there a simple small recipe that someone can suggest so I can > >give it a try without wasting a lot of food?> >> > I used to make a curry mix with a couple dozen spices (mostly > coriander) plus sesame seeds and nutritional yeast. It was great on > rice. One of these days I'll have to make a new batch.> > If you can buy nutritional yeast in bulk, you can get just a little > to start. You can just sprinkle a little on rice, vegs, or even > popcorn. I think it's best used as a condiment, not in larger doses.> > The nutritional yeast that I've used is available as a fine yellow > powder or yellow flakes.

It includes vitamin B-12. At least in the > U.S., it's different from the brownish granular brewer's yeast, which > I haven't used.> > Some years ago, I knew people who were making some "cheese" recipes > based on cashews. As far as I can recall, it was edible, but then > I've never been a fan of cheese in any guise.>---To send an email to -! Groups Links<*> /<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings

online go to: /join ( ID required)<*> To change settings via email: -digest -fullfeatured <*>

pop some popcorn, melt whatever butter substitute you use on teh popcorn and

sprinkle some nutritional yeast on it for a cheese treat.

, yarrow wrote:

>

> At 4:56 AM +0000 2/17/10, bcoffthegrid wrote:

> >Is there a simple small recipe that someone can suggest so I can

> >give it a try without wasting a lot of food?

> >

>

> I used to make a curry mix with a couple dozen spices (mostly

> coriander) plus sesame seeds and nutritional yeast. It was great on

> rice. One of these days I'll have to make a new batch.

>

> If you can buy nutritional yeast in bulk, you can get just a little

> to start. You can just sprinkle a little on rice, vegs, or even

> popcorn. I think it's best used as a condiment, not in larger doses.

>

> The nutritional yeast that I've used is available as a fine yellow

> powder or yellow flakes. It includes vitamin B-12. At least in the

> U.S., it's different from the brownish granular brewer's yeast, which

> I haven't used.

>

> Some years ago, I knew people who were making some " cheese " recipes

> based on cashews. As far as I can recall, it was edible, but then

> I've never been a fan of cheese in any guise.

>

I've done that; it's good.Patricia--- On Wed, 2/17/10, sprightcat <sprightcat wrote:sprightcat <sprightcat Re: Nutritional Yeast Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 6:27 PMpop some popcorn, melt whatever butter substitute you use on teh popcorn and sprinkle some nutritional yeast on it for a cheese treat. , yarrow wrote:>> At 4:56 AM +0000 2/17/10, bcoffthegrid wrote:> >Is

there a simple small recipe that someone can suggest so I can > >give it a try without wasting a lot of food?> >> > I used to make a curry mix with a couple dozen spices (mostly > coriander) plus sesame seeds and nutritional yeast. It was great on > rice. One of these days I'll have to make a new batch.> > If you can buy nutritional yeast in bulk, you can get just a little > to start. You can just sprinkle a little on rice, vegs, or even > popcorn. I think it's best used as a condiment, not in larger doses.> > The nutritional yeast that I've used is available as a fine yellow > powder or yellow flakes. It includes vitamin B-12. At least in the > U.S., it's different from the brownish granular brewer's yeast, which > I haven't used.> > Some years ago, I knew people who were making some "cheese" recipes > based on cashews. As

far as I can recall, it was edible, but then > I've never been a fan of cheese in any guise.>---To send an email to -! Groups Links<*> /<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: /join ( ID required)<*> To change settings via email: -digest -fullfeatured <*>

Oh, OK. Put Brewer's yeast back on dog food and pick up nutritional yeast at the

store. Got it. Thanks everyone.

Jackie

, Patricia <moondreamer64_2000 wrote:

>

> It's not the same as brewer's yeast, which is a by-product of beer brewing;

it's grown on molasses as you said, but has nothing to do with beer. Brewer's

yeast has a somewhat bitter flavor where as nutritional yeast does not.

>

> Patricia

>

> --- On Tue, 2/16/10, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx

> Re: Nutritional Yeast

>

> Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 10:45 PM

>

>

>

>

>

#yiv734283285 {font-family:Geneva, Arial, Helvetica,

sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}

>

>

nutritional yeast is yeast, generally beer yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)

that is usually grown on molasses. it is dried and sold as flakes, powder or the

like. easily fond in the bulk section of supermarkets.

>

>

>

>

> bcoffthegrid

> Feb 16, 2010 11:56 PM

>

> Nutritional Yeast

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Gotta love the Kingdom Fungi! Well, the ones that don't grow over you

if you stay still too long, anyway.

What we call "nutritional yeast" is the same species of unicellular

fungus that makes bread rise and beer ferment. The only difference is

how it's grown and processed. It gets its interesting flavor from the

medium it's grown on, which is molasses-based. Then, it's dried and

processed into flakes or powder. The organism itself is killed in the

process.

A lot of vegan recipes use it. It's said to have a cheesy flavor. I

love the sauce recipes in The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook, by

Joanne Stepaniak. There's a no-cook sauce that's tangy and tastes

wonderful on broccoli, baked potatoes, pasta, you name it. It's called

"I can't believe it's not cheese sauce." IMO, it doesn't taste at all

like cheese. It's much better! It has a wonderful flavor all its own.

Cheers,

Trish

-- Trish Carr

http://home.comcast.net/~bantrymoon/

Is there a way to get the recipe without getting the book?Patricia--- On Sat, 2/20/10, bantrymoon <bantrymoon wrote:bantrymoon <bantrymoon Re: Nutritional Yeast Date: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 8:39 AM

Gotta love the Kingdom Fungi! Well, the ones that don't grow over you

if you stay still too long, anyway.

What we call "nutritional yeast" is the same species of unicellular

fungus that makes bread rise and beer ferment. The only difference is

how it's grown and processed. It gets its interesting flavor from the

medium it's grown on, which is molasses-based. Then, it's dried and

processed into flakes or powder. The organism itself is killed in the

process.

A lot of vegan recipes use it. It's said to have a cheesy flavor. I

love the sauce recipes in The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook, by

Joanne Stepaniak. There's a no-cook sauce that's tangy and tastes

wonderful on broccoli, baked potatoes, pasta, you name it. It's called

"I can't believe it's not cheese sauce." IMO, it doesn't taste at all

like cheese. It's much better! It has a wonderful flavor all its own.

Cheers,

Trish

-- Trish Carrhttp://home.comcast.net/~bantrymoon/Is there

You can search inside the book on Amazon. I searched for the name of the recipe, and it came right up.

Dena

-

Patricia

Saturday, February 20, 2010 2:10 PM

Re: Re: Nutritional Yeast

Is there a way to get the recipe without getting the book?Patricia--- On Sat, 2/20/10, bantrymoon <bantrymoon (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

bantrymoon <bantrymoon (AT) comcast (DOT) net> Re: Nutritional Yeast Date: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 8:39 AM

Gotta love the Kingdom Fungi! Well, the ones that don't grow over you if you stay still too long, anyway. What we call "nutritional yeast" is the same species of unicellular fungus that makes bread rise and beer ferment. The only difference is how it's grown and processed. It gets its interesting flavor from the medium it's grown on, which is molasses-based. Then, it's dried and processed into flakes or powder. The organism itself is killed in the process.A lot of vegan recipes use it. It's said to have a cheesy flavor. I love the sauce recipes in The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook, by Joanne Stepaniak. There's a no-cook sauce that's tangy and tastes wonderful on broccoli, baked potatoes, pasta, you name it. It's called "I can't believe it's not cheese sauce." IMO, it doesn't taste at all like cheese. It's much better! It has a wonderful flavor all its own.Cheers,Trish-- Trish Carrhttp://home.comcast.net/~bantrymoon/Is there

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 9.0.733 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2699 - Release 02/20/10 00:34:00

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 9.0.733 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2699 - Release 02/20/10

00:34:00

Thanks, i found it. One question, though, what is chickpea miso? I've never heard of that.Patricia--- On Sat, 2/20/10, Dena Jo <DenaJo2 wrote:Dena Jo <DenaJo2Re: Re: Nutritional Yeast Date: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 1:25 PM

You can search inside the book on Amazon. I searched for the name of the recipe, and it came right up.

Dena

-

Patricia

Is there a way to get the recipe without getting the book?Patricia--- On Sat, 2/20/10, bantrymoon <bantrymoon (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

bantrymoon <bantrymoon (AT) comcast (DOT) net> Re: Nutritional Yeast@gro ups.comSaturday, February 20, 2010, 8:39 AM

Gotta love the Kingdom Fungi! Well, the ones that don't grow over you if you stay still too long, anyway. What we call "nutritional yeast" is the same species of unicellular fungus that makes bread rise and beer ferment. The only difference is how it's grown and processed. It gets its interesting flavor from the medium it's grown on, which is molasses-based. Then, it's dried and processed into flakes or powder. The organism itself is killed in the process.A lot of vegan recipes use it. It's said to have a cheesy flavor. I love the sauce recipes in The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook, by Joanne Stepaniak. There's a no-cook sauce that's tangy and tastes wonderful on broccoli, baked potatoes, pasta, you name it. It's called "I can't believe it's not cheese sauce." IMO, it doesn't taste at all like cheese. It's much better! It has a wonderful flavor all its own.Cheers,Trish-- Trish Carrhttp://home. comcast.net/ ~bantrymoon/Is there

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 9.0.733 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2699 - Release 02/20/10 00:34:00

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 9.0.733 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2699 - Release 02/20/10 00:34:00

Have you tried the sauce on baked potatoes?

Dena

-

bantrymoon

Saturday, February 20, 2010 9:39 AM

Re: Nutritional Yeast

Gotta love the Kingdom Fungi! Well, the ones that don't grow over you if you stay still too long, anyway. What we call "nutritional yeast" is the same species of unicellular fungus that makes bread rise and beer ferment. The only difference is how it's grown and processed. It gets its interesting flavor from the medium it's grown on, which is molasses-based. Then, it's dried and processed into flakes or powder. The organism itself is killed in the process.A lot of vegan recipes use it. It's said to have a cheesy flavor. I love the sauce recipes in The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook, by Joanne Stepaniak. There's a no-cook sauce that's tangy and tastes wonderful on broccoli, baked potatoes, pasta, you name it. It's called "I can't believe it's not cheese sauce." IMO, it doesn't taste at all like cheese. It's much better! It has a wonderful flavor all its own.Cheers,Trish-- Trish Carr

http://home.comcast.net/~bantrymoon/

If you check out the miso section of your local natural food stores, you'll find different kinds of miso. Chickpea miso apparently is one of them. I've never used, but I kind of like the thought of it.

Dena

-

Patricia

Saturday, February 20, 2010 2:51 PM

Thanks, i found it. One question, though, what is chickpea miso? I've never heard of that.Patricia--- On Sat, 2/20/10, Dena Jo <DenaJo2 > wrote:

Dena Jo <DenaJo2 >Re: Re: Nutritional Yeast Date: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 1:25 PM

Dena

-

Patricia

bantrymoon <bantrymoon (AT) comcast (DOT) net> Re: Nutritional Yeast@gro ups.comSaturday, February 20, 2010, 8:39 AM

Gotta love the Kingdom Fungi! Well, the ones that don't grow over you if you stay still too long, anyway. What we call "nutritional yeast" is the same species of unicellular fungus that makes bread rise and beer ferment. The only difference is how it's grown and processed. It gets its interesting flavor from the medium it's grown on, which is molasses-based. Then, it's dried and processed into flakes or powder. The organism itself is killed in the process.A lot of vegan recipes use it. It's said to have a cheesy flavor. I love the sauce recipes in The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook, by Joanne Stepaniak. There's a no-cook sauce that's tangy and tastes wonderful on broccoli, baked potatoes, pasta, you name it. It's called "I can't believe it's not cheese sauce." IMO, it doesn't taste at all like cheese. It's much better! It has a wonderful flavor all its own.Cheers,Trish-- Trish Carrhttp://home. comcast.net/ ~bantrymoon/Is there

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

I'm familiar with miso, but have never seen chickpea miso. Those are my favorite beans so I'd like it.Patricia--- On Sat, 2/20/10, Dena Jo <DenaJo2 wrote:Dena Jo <DenaJo2Re: Re: Nutritional Yeast Date: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 2:04 PM

If you check out the miso section of your local natural food stores, you'll find different kinds of miso. Chickpea miso apparently is one of them. I've never used, but I kind of like the thought of it.

Dena

-

Patricia

Saturday, February 20, 2010 2:51 PM

Thanks, i found it. One question, though, what is chickpea miso? I've never heard of that.Patricia--- On Sat, 2/20/10, Dena Jo <DenaJo2 > wrote:

Dena Jo <DenaJo2 >Re: Re: Nutritional Yeast@gro ups.comSaturday, February 20, 2010, 1:25 PM

Dena

-

Patricia

@gro ups.com

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 9.0.733 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2699 - Release 02/20/10 00:34:00

Good idea.Patricia--- On Sun, 2/21/10, bantrymoon <bantrymoon wrote:bantrymoon <bantrymoon Re: Nutritional Yeast Date: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 8:05 AM >>>>Is there a way to get the recipe without getting the book?<<<<Try your public library. That's a great way to preview books you might want to get yourself.Cheers,Trish-- Trish Carrhttp://home.comcast.net/~bantrymoon/---To send an email to -! Groups Links<*> /<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: /join ( ID required)<*> To change settings via email: -digest -fullfeatured <*>

Thanks Trish for the book suggestion. I'm going to look for it. You're very

knowledgeable about nutritional yeast!! I appreciate you sharing that with me as

I had no clue whatsoever what it was.

Thanks again to everyone else who has chimed in as well. I will be looking for

it.

Jackie