IndiaDivine.org

vegan child

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Tara,I was in your situation at one time. My son is 14yo now, but has never eaten any type of meat. And actually when he was born, my hubby was still a meat eater. It was my son who finally got him to stop. But, yes, I so understand the constant berating you are taking. I didn't have any trouble at all with my husband, but everyone else had an opinion. My first response was always that my son was vegan in the womb and came out completely healthy and exactly on his due date! He was never sick like other babies the entire time I breastfed and my milk was being produced by a vegan. And my son was a big boy and healthy looking. So, my response was always along lines of "Does he look like he's starving?" Believe me, I took grief about the breastfeeding, too, even from

my best friend. Stay strong in your convictions and as the baby grows, people will eventually back off. It's kind of like everything about veganism. We're stuck on the line to try to prove we're doing the right thing.I agree with others though. Look for other internet groups to find support. I'm sure there must be one for vegans with small children!!Vicky "Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to die, so do other creatures."-Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The XIV

> Believe me, I took grief about the breastfeeding, too, even from my best friend.

What kind of grief di you get about breastfeeding?

Dena

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 9.0.733 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2707 - Release 02/24/10

00:34:00