IndiaDivine.org

Tempeh

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

So, this weekend I bought a block of frozen Tempeh on a whim. I've not tried it before, have no idea what it tastes like, or what I'm supposed to do with it now I have some. Would anyone care to fill me in?

Thank you in advance :)

Opalline

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."

Guest guest

we use tempeh all the time. I ground it up and use in chili, spagetti, sloppy joe. yesterday i steamed it then put veganaise, pickles onions and make something like a "chicken" salad and put it in pita pocket's for the kid's.

Melin

On Behalf Of Underwood-Fowler CindyWednesday, March 10, 2010 8:28 AM Subject: Tempeh

So, this weekend I bought a block of frozen Tempeh on a whim. I've not tried it before, have no idea what it tastes like, or what I'm supposed to do with it now I have some. Would anyone care to fill me in?

Thank you in advance :)Opalline

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."

Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 8.5.436 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2717 - Release 03/09/10 19:33:00

Guest guest

Hi,

Sorry, I only just saw this reply! It got filtered off into my spam folder for some reason. I like the idea of putting it in a pita pocket, I'd quite like to try doing the same but with a soft tortilla and some salad instead. Apparently it has to be cooked first, is that right? Can you steam tempeh in a regular vegetable steamer? (I mean the electric kind). How long does it take? Can you boil it or microwave it instead of steaming?

Thanks,

Opalline

On Behalf Of Daniel and Melin Magill10 March 2010 13:31 Subject: RE: Tempeh

we use tempeh all the time. I ground it up and use in chili, spagetti, sloppy joe. yesterday i steamed it then put veganaise, pickles onions and make something like a "chicken" salad and put it in pita pocket's for the kid's.

Melin

Guest guest

I steam mine in my electric steamer. I have never boiled or microwaved

On Behalf Of Underwood-Fowler CindyTuesday, March 16, 2010 8:14 AM Subject: RE: Tempeh

Hi,

Sorry, I only just saw this reply! It got filtered off into my spam folder for some reason. I like the idea of putting it in a pita pocket, I'd quite like to try doing the same but with a soft tortilla and some salad instead. Apparently it has to be cooked first, is that right? Can you steam tempeh in a regular vegetable steamer? (I mean the electric kind). How long does it take? Can you boil it or microwave it instead of steaming?

Thanks,

Opalline

On Behalf Of Daniel and Melin Magill10 March 2010 13:31 Subject: RE: Tempeh

Melin

Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 8.5.436 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2747 - Release 03/15/10 07:33:00