IndiaDivine.org

Very Big Trigger warning: Large EEEWW factor and I do NOT kn

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks-I'm happy you went on! Anyway, just as you said, if I have the same "hurl" reaction over eating cheese from an animal of any kind, then of course I would have a similar reaction eating cheese from a human mother. It's just cosmically weird for me, and that's okay. I still think these people have too much time on their hands, though. What about the hospitals crying out for breast milk for preemies whose mothers cannot nurse, or something? Isn't there something like that? What about the La Leche League? I never had children but even I know there are ways to use extra breast milk. Cyn

In a message dated 3/12/2010 11:02:58 A.M. Mountain Standard Time, charlottesometimes88 writes:

I am still breastfeeding my 2 year old but I never have any excess milk. When she is ill and won't feed I struggle to express any at all so there is no way I could use any to make cheese! Personally I think this aversion people have to things being made out of human breastmilk is a cultural issue. We are just not used to it. In fact we are barely used to nursing mothers as you can tell by the fact that so many people think it odd to carry on feeding once your child is no longer a very young baby. In the UK by the time a child is six months old only 22 percent are still being breastfed. I imagine it must be less than 10 percent that are still feeding by my daughters age but I couldn't find a figure for this.Anyway, it seems to me that as we are human mammals really human milk is the appropriate milk for us for the first few years of our life and after that I think our nutrition should be supplied by other foods. It seems odd to me that we would ever eat cow's milk or make cheese from cow's milk. I find it just totally strange that most people seem to think it would be disgusting to eat human milk in any form but have no problem with cow's milk. Personally I wouldn't want to eat human breast milk anymore than I would cow's breast milk. I'm a nursing mother I was weaned years ago, I shouldn't be eating any milk!I really do think this aversion to human breast milk is cultural. Plus I do think it might have something to do with protecting out own species as we would not want to see women milked and treated the way cows are and there is no way we could get enough human milk for everyone's cereals without exploiting women dreadfully and I think the reason we drink so much cow's milk (in general, obviously I don't drink it) is because in the past women died in childbirth so their children had to be given another species' milk especially if they were poor as a wet nurse would probably not be an option. People in the country with animals would have probably drunk cow's milk as food was not plentiful like it is today and then the railways made it available to all. And now the dairy industry makes out it is essential.Sorry to go on so! :)

Guest guest

Although it's culturally uncomfortable to think of full grown adult humans consuming the breast milk of other humans, I actually find the idea less repulsive than the idea of cow's milk cheese. At least with human cheese, it's made with milk from our own species, which is designed for humans to consume anyway, no animals have suffered to make it, and the person who produced the milk presumably donated it of their own free will using spare milk left over after their child was taken care of (ie they didn't starve their child in order to make the cheese).

I don't think I'd want to eat it, though. I believe that once you are no longer a child, your body does not have any need to consume milk whether human or otherwise. This is why you stop producing lactase by the time you reach adulthood. But I don't think it's ethically wrong in the same way that eating cow's milk cheese is wrong.

Opalline

On Behalf Of cyn84074Sent: 13 March 2010 01:39 Subject: Re: Very Big Trigger warning: Large EEEWW factor and I do NOT kn

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."