IndiaDivine.org

looking for some recipes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I of course can google and find recipes...but i want to know what you have tried

and if they are good.

i am looking for:

cole slaw

pasta salad

sugar cookies/icing(icing that hardens)

any good simple tofu recipes

your best idea with boca chicken patties

what is your favorite vegan store bought burger

what is your favorite bean burger recipe?

have you tried vegan marshmallows and do you like them?

have you tried the vegan shrimp/crab substitues?

anyone try " tuno " ?

very curious and want to mix up my eating habits...please share your ideas.

Thanks,

:)

Guest guest

We like the Gardenburgers, gotta make sure you get the vegan ones since there are ones with cheese. Simple tofu recipes: Using extra firm squeeze out all liquid and then marinade in soy sauce and ponzu sauce with a little chile that comes in a jar. Then fry and use however you like. Also using the silken tofu, squeeze and then crumble, fry and use in lasagne and I used it in a spinach phyllo dough concoction, it was very good. For cole slaw I like the vinegar ones using vinegar/sugar combination with some chile flakes. Sorry I can't help with the other things you are looking for but good luck. CeAnne in NMsprightcat <sprightcat Sent: Sun, April 4, 2010 5:31:45 AM looking for some recipes

I of course can google and find recipes...but i want to know what you have tried and if they are good.

i am looking for:

cole slaw

pasta salad

sugar cookies/icing( icing that hardens)

any good simple tofu recipes

your best idea with boca chicken patties

what is your favorite vegan store bought burger

what is your favorite bean burger recipe?

have you tried vegan marshmallows and do you like them?

have you tried the vegan shrimp/crab substitues?

anyone try "tuno"?

very curious and want to mix up my eating habits...please share your ideas.

Thanks,

:)

Guest guest

One

really simple recipe for a Mexican cheese sauce, vegan of course, is:

package of tofu

1 cup

of Veganaise (sp?)

¼ cup

of water

Tbsp of oil

package of taco mix

Great

for dipping or heating and pouring over cooked veggies

Jackie Thipthorpe

JT Transcripts

www.jttranscripts.com

jttranscripts

Guest guest

pasta salad - this one is based on a recipe from Vegan Cooking for One (I think the author is Leah Leneman). I usually cook it from memory though and have changed some parts. Boil some wholemeal pasta (I usually do enough for a couple of meals as this keeps well in the fridge). Cool down by rinsing in cold water and drain, then place into a large bowl. Add chopped sweet peppers (red or green), halved baby tomatoes, chunks of marinated or baked tofu, chopped spring onions (scallions to you US people), a few chopped capers if you like them, some halved olives. two slices of toasted bread cut into small squares like croutons, and any other salad vegetables you fancy. I usually pop in some chopped raw courgettes (zucchini) and some raw baby spinach. In a separate container, mix a tablespoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of your favourite vinegar (I like balsamic), a good pinch of dried herbs, a pinch of garlic salt (or you could put a little crushed garlic into the salad if you want a stronger taste), and some pepper. Maybe some pine nuts. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss. The toast squares tend to soak up some of the dressing and become very yummy (not too soggy, luckily). This salad is pretty filling, but also very moreish ;-)

vegan shrimp/crab substitues? Haven't tried these but I have tried veggie fish cakes and veggie fish fingers (I believe they were vegan but it was a while ago when I wasn't completely vegan yet so I can't be sure). They weren't that nice, though I'm not really surprised as I never did like the taste of fish and used to try and drown it in ketchup when I was a child and forced to eat fish by my parents. I only bought them because my son likes fish and I was hoping to tempt him into eating those instead (we're raising him on a mixture of vegan, vegetarian and omni food, because I won't force him to eat meat and my husband is a staunch omni and won't let me raise him completely vegan either. So we decided to compromise on the matter and let him experience both sides, so he can choose what he wants when he's older).

Opalline :)

I of course can google and find recipes...but i want to know what you have tried and if they are good.pasta saladsugar cookies/icing(icing that hardens)any good simple tofu recipesyour best idea with boca chicken pattieswhat is your favorite vegan store bought burgerwhat is your favorite bean burger recipe?have you tried vegan marshmallows and do you like them?have you tried the vegan shrimp/crab substitues?

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."