IndiaDivine.org

my daughter's answer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Patricia I would say at least 50% are overweight. Smoking maybe 20% Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry Patricia <moondreamer64_2000

Sun, 25 Apr 2010 01:30:54 -0700 (PDT)Ness, I'm having a discussion in one of my groups about nurses. What percentage of them would you say are fat and/or smoke?Patricia

Guest guest

I am a nurse by training- it doesn't necessarily follow that nurses are healthy. I think shift work and hours aside from the nature of the work contribute to smoking and poor eating choices. I personally found Nursing very all-consuming, (aside from when issues came up in the personal life to deal with) so think Nurses should be cut some slack!The individual Uni/training institution stipulates the curriculum quite a lot. I wouldn't say there was a big focus on Nutrition when and where I trained (back in 1995) but the Physiological effects of Obesity and Smoking, I recall well. Interestingly, we weren't trained in First Aid at all, this had to be taken as a separate course, as in other

fields/professions.BeaPatricia <moondreamer64_2000 Sent: Sun, 25 April, 2010 22:37:30 my daughter's answer

Patricia I would say at least 50% are overweight. Smoking maybe 20% Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry Patricia <moondreamer64_ 2000 >

Sun, 25 Apr 2010 01:30:54 -0700 (PDT)Ness, I'm having a discussion in one of my groups about nurses. What percentage of them would you say are fat and/or smoke?Patricia

Guest guest

I am the first to say that nurses are very special people and nursing isn't for everyone; it's certainly not for me. My youngest daughter starts nurse's training in January 2011 and I'm amazed to have 2 daughters interested in nursing. One of my sons is a teacher and that also is something I would never want to do. I don't know where these kids came from.Patricia--- On Mon, 4/26/10, bea mehta <beamehta wrote:bea mehta <beamehtaRe: my daughter's answer Date: Monday, April 26, 2010, 9:01 AM

I am a nurse by training- it doesn't necessarily follow that nurses are healthy. I think shift work and hours aside from the nature of the work contribute to smoking and poor eating choices. I personally found Nursing very all-consuming, (aside from when issues came up in the personal life to deal with) so think Nurses should be cut some slack!The individual Uni/training institution stipulates the curriculum quite a lot. I wouldn't say there was a big focus on Nutrition when and where I trained (back in 1995) but the Physiological effects of Obesity and Smoking, I recall well. Interestingly, we weren't trained in First Aid at all, this had to be taken as a separate course, as in other

fields/professions.BeaPatricia <moondreamer64_2000 Sent: Sun, 25 April, 2010 22:37:30 my daughter's answer

Patricia I would say at least 50% are overweight. Smoking maybe 20% Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry Patricia <moondreamer64_ 2000 >