IndiaDivine.org

Concerning the repeated and repeated Copyright notice and general caution

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This is my first post,

have been reading and delighting for months.

I wish to express gratitude for what shows up here

as it gives hope and light and ease.

I'm wondering about this strange notice

that pops up over and over.

I assure you, I had no intention of using any posts

with or without permission, no,

but the more I see this resistance, strong, repeated,

I must admit,

I am now well tempted !

I am wondering;

if someone did behave in this way,

if someone did reprint or re-sing or re-use

in one of the manners that is repeatedly resisted,

since we are all one, we would all be " mis-behaving "

no?

but

most of all I wonder;

should this pre-hated behaviour occur,

for whom would this be a problem?

confused

ori

of course, confusion is a great gift,

one sure way,

thanks again !

wrote:

>

>

> Dear Friends: Please keep in mind that taking some one's creative

and intellectual works (poetry, art, articles, essays, posts, etc.)

without permission of the authors is a violation of copyright laws.

This especially applies to this list, , as it is a

private list which can be viewed by members only.

>

> Most individuals do allow their artistic and creative work to be

posted elsewhere if you request it and use their work in a

not-for-profit format for benefit of others. So that is not usually a

problem as long as you mention the source and give the individual who

wrote it credit as required by copyright laws.

>

> You need to mention the where messages

originate and refer to the sangha website

when appropriate as the source of your

quote and provide a link to it.

>

> If you are taking content from this list with a profit motive (such

as promotion of your site in order to sell products, ads, etc.), it is

critical that you seek the explicit and written permission from the

authors whose works on the list you are using and let the List Owner

know what you are doing.

>

> Acting in any other way is dishonest.

>

> Misuse of messages appearing on this list or other actions that are

intended to defraud, cheat, create mischief or confusion, or mislead

people are taken very seriously by the sangha members. If your

intentions are not honorable in being here, please go somewhere else.

>

> As human beings, we all make mistakes. The best way to remedy these

mistakes and lessen their future impact is by reflecting and

meditating on the nature of the Self and by following the philosophy

of Ahimsa (nonviolence). This can help to make our life a blessing to

our self and others.

>

> Friends, please keep in mind that this list is dedicated to the

teachings of Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi in the context of practices

involving yoga, meditation, and self-inquiry.

>

> If these sentiments or the aim of the group does not resonate with

you, this may not be the right group for you.

>

>

> Thank you and best wishes on your path.

> List Owner

>

Dear Ori,

Thanks for your post. That's a good point about the strange notice that

pops up every 15 days. Something must have happened in the past that the

list owner felt the need to put it there. It is a bit odd, that's for

sure. It's so out of place here. It probably drives a few people way.

I think that is how traditions start. There is a noble intent, some

profound purpose, that results in some action and some ritual. The

situation may pass but the ritual persists. We become used to the

ritual and then don't even notice it. Until someone looks at it with

fresh eyes. A child pointing out that the Emperor has no clothes on is

engaging in an innocent but a powerful act. Once that is done, the

Emperor can either feel embarrassed and rush home to put on some nice

clothes. The other option is to become comfortable with no clothes and

not mind it when people point out our nakedness.

We have chosen the latter option. Or the latter option has chosen us. We

don't know what we are doing. So we go with the flow.

Namaste and love to all

Harsha

doris_walton wrote:

> This is my first post,

> have been reading and delighting for months.

>

> I wish to express gratitude for what shows up here

> as it gives hope and light and ease.

>

> I'm wondering about this strange notice

> that pops up over and over.

>

> I assure you, I had no intention of using any posts

> with or without permission, no,

> but the more I see this resistance, strong, repeated,

> I must admit,

> I am now well tempted !

>

> I am wondering;

> if someone did behave in this way,

> if someone did reprint or re-sing or re-use

> in one of the manners that is repeatedly resisted,

> since we are all one, we would all be " mis-behaving "

> no?

> but

> most of all I wonder;

> should this pre-hated behaviour occur,

> for whom would this be a problem?

>

> confused

> ori

>

> of course, confusion is a great gift,

> one sure way,

> thanks again !

>

>

>

vanakkam doris, confusion is a habit of the mind... anbudan old mango treedoris_walton <healthnow wrote: This is my first post,have been reading and delighting for months.I wish to express gratitude for what shows up hereas it gives hope and light and ease.I'm wondering about this strange noticethat pops up over and over.I assure you, I had no intention of using any postswith or without permission,

no,but the more I see this resistance, strong, repeated,I must admit,I am now well tempted !I am wondering;if someone did behave in this way,if someone did reprint or re-sing or re-usein one of the manners that is repeatedly resisted,since we are all one, we would all be "mis-behaving"no?butmost of all I wonder;should this pre-hated behaviour occur,for whom would this be a problem?confusedoriof course, confusion is a great gift,one sure way,thanks again ! , wrote:>> > Dear Friends: Please keep in mind that taking some one's creativeand intellectual works (poetry, art, articles, essays, posts, etc.)without permission of the authors is a violation of copyright

laws.This especially applies to this list, , as it is aprivate list which can be viewed by members only.> > Most individuals do allow their artistic and creative work to beposted elsewhere if you request it and use their work in anot-for-profit format for benefit of others. So that is not usually aproblem as long as you mention the source and give the individual whowrote it credit as required by copyright laws. > > You need to mention the where messagesoriginate and refer to the sangha website when appropriate as the source of yourquote and provide a link to it.> > If you are taking content from this list with a profit motive (suchas promotion of your site in order to sell products, ads, etc.), it iscritical that you seek the explicit and written permission from

theauthors whose works on the list you are using and let the List Ownerknow what you are doing.> > Acting in any other way is dishonest. > > Misuse of messages appearing on this list or other actions that areintended to defraud, cheat, create mischief or confusion, or misleadpeople are taken very seriously by the sangha members. If yourintentions are not honorable in being here, please go somewhere else.> > As human beings, we all make mistakes. The best way to remedy thesemistakes and lessen their future impact is by reflecting andmeditating on the nature of the Self and by following the philosophyof Ahimsa (nonviolence). This can help to make our life a blessing toour self and others. > > Friends, please keep in mind that this list is dedicated to theteachings of Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi in the context of practicesinvolving yoga, meditation, and

self-inquiry.> > If these sentiments or the aim of the group does not resonate withyou, this may not be the right group for you. > > > Thank you and best wishes on your path.> List Owner>TAT TVAM ASI ...

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

First doubt : Is any thing written here worth reproduction ? Are we not over estimating ourselves to think that we are full of wisdom and enlightened and what we write is profound, worth copying ?? Second Doubt : Suppose Shri Ramana Maharishi has taken a similar stand ! What ever I teach is copy right material !! Don't reproduce it without our permission !! Third Doubt : If Big Brother has not provided us with Free Cyber Space, will this forum exist ? Are we responding to this generosity in kind ? Regards Venugopalmango tree <oldmangotree wrote: vanakkam doris, confusion is a habit of the mind... anbudan old mango treedoris_walton <healthnow > wrote: This is my first post,have been reading and delighting for months.I wish to express gratitude for what shows up hereas it gives hope and light and ease.I'm wondering about this strange noticethat pops up over and over.I assure you, I had no intention of using any postswith or without permission, no,but the more I see this resistance, strong, repeated,I must admit,I am now well tempted !I am wondering;if someone did behave in this way,if someone did reprint or re-sing or re-usein one of the manners that is repeatedly resisted,since we are all one, we would all be "mis-behaving"no?butmost of all I wonder;should this pre-hated behaviour occur,for whom would this be a

problem?confusedoriof course, confusion is a great gift,one sure way,thanks again ! , wrote:>> > Dear Friends: Please keep in mind that taking some one's creativeand intellectual works (poetry, art, articles, essays, posts, etc.)without permission of the authors is a violation of copyright laws.This especially applies to this list, , as it is aprivate list which can be viewed by members only.> > Most individuals do allow their artistic and creative work to beposted elsewhere if you request it and use their work in anot-for-profit format for benefit of others. So that is not usually aproblem as long as you mention the source and give the individual whowrote it

credit as required by copyright laws. > > You need to mention the where messagesoriginate and refer to the sangha website when appropriate as the source of yourquote and provide a link to it.> > If you are taking content from this list with a profit motive (suchas promotion of your site in order to sell products, ads, etc.), it iscritical that you seek the explicit and written permission from theauthors whose works on the list you are using and let the List Ownerknow what you are doing.> > Acting in any other way is dishonest. > > Misuse of messages appearing on this list or other actions that areintended to defraud, cheat, create mischief or confusion, or misleadpeople are taken very seriously by the sangha members. If yourintentions are not honorable in being here, please

go somewhere else.> > As human beings, we all make mistakes. The best way to remedy thesemistakes and lessen their future impact is by reflecting andmeditating on the nature of the Self and by following the philosophyof Ahimsa (nonviolence). This can help to make our life a blessing toour self and others. > > Friends, please keep in mind that this list is dedicated to theteachings of Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi in the context of practicesinvolving yoga, meditation, and self-inquiry.> > If these sentiments or the aim of the group does not resonate withyou, this may not be the right group for you. > > > Thank you and best wishes on your path.> List Owner>TAT TVAM ASI ... Never miss a thing. Make your

homepage.

Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click here to know how.

vanakkam venu, as you are you see the world... anbudan old mango treeVenugopal AK <akvenugopal wrote: First doubt : Is any thing written here worth reproduction ? Are we not over estimating ourselves to think that we are full of wisdom and enlightened and what we write is profound, worth copying ?? Second Doubt : Suppose Shri Ramana Maharishi has taken a similar stand ! What ever I teach is copy right material !!

Don't reproduce it without our permission !! Third Doubt : If Big Brother has not provided us with Free Cyber Space, will this forum exist ? Are we responding to this generosity in kind ? Regards Venugopalmango tree <oldmangotree > wrote: vanakkam doris, confusion is a habit of the mind... anbudan old mango treedoris_walton <healthnow > wrote: This is my first post,have been reading and delighting for months.I wish to express gratitude for what shows up hereas it gives hope and light and ease.I'm wondering about this strange noticethat pops up over and over.I assure you, I had no intention of using any postswith or without permission, no,but the more I see this resistance, strong, repeated,I must admit,I am now well tempted !I am wondering;if someone did behave in this way,if someone did reprint or re-sing or re-usein one of the manners

that is repeatedly resisted,since we are all one, we would all be "mis-behaving"no?butmost of all I wonder;should this pre-hated behaviour occur,for whom would this be a problem?confusedoriof course, confusion is a great gift,one sure way,thanks again ! , wrote:>> > Dear Friends: Please keep in mind that taking some one's creativeand intellectual works (poetry, art, articles, essays, posts, etc.)without permission of the authors is a violation of copyright laws.This especially applies to this list, , as it is aprivate list which can be viewed by members only.> > Most individuals do allow their artistic and creative work to beposted elsewhere if you

request it and use their work in anot-for-profit format for benefit of others. So that is not usually aproblem as long as you mention the source and give the individual whowrote it credit as required by copyright laws. > > You need to mention the where messagesoriginate and refer to the sangha website when appropriate as the source of yourquote and provide a link to it.> > If you are taking content from this list with a profit motive (suchas promotion of your site in order to sell products, ads, etc.), it iscritical that you seek the explicit and written permission from theauthors whose works on the list you are using and let the List Ownerknow what you are doing.> > Acting in any other way is dishonest. > > Misuse of messages appearing on this list or other actions that

areintended to defraud, cheat, create mischief or confusion, or misleadpeople are taken very seriously by the sangha members. If yourintentions are not honorable in being here, please go somewhere else.> > As human beings, we all make mistakes. The best way to remedy thesemistakes and lessen their future impact is by reflecting andmeditating on the nature of the Self and by following the philosophyof Ahimsa (nonviolence). This can help to make our life a blessing toour self and others. > > Friends, please keep in mind that this list is dedicated to theteachings of Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi in the context of practicesinvolving yoga, meditation, and self-inquiry.> > If these sentiments or the aim of the group does not resonate withyou, this may not be the right group for you. > > > Thank you and best wishes on your path.> List

Owner>TAT TVAM ASI ... Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click here to know how. TAT TVAM ASI ...

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

These are all excellent points. I think protests are in order. What

should we do? Only the collective wisdom of sangha knows for sure and

can help us. It is quite possible to delete the periodic warning.

Love and Namaste to all

Harsha

Venugopal AK wrote:

> First doubt : Is any thing written here worth reproduction ? Are we

> not over estimating ourselves to think that we are full of wisdom and

> enlightened and what we write is profound, worth copying ??

> Second Doubt : Suppose Shri Ramana Maharishi has taken a similar

> stand ! What ever I teach is copy right material !! Don't reproduce it

> without our permission !!

> Third Doubt : If Big Brother has not provided us with Free Cyber

> Space, will this forum exist ? Are we responding to this generosity in

> kind ?

> Regards

> Venugopal

>

> *//*

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 01:51:33 -0800, Harsha

wrote:

> These are all excellent points. I think protests are in order. What

> should we do? Only the collective wisdom of sangha knows for sure and

> can help us. It is quite possible to delete the periodic warning.

>

> Love and Namaste to all

> Harsha

>

> Venugopal AK wrote:

>> First doubt : Is any thing written here worth reproduction ? Are we

>> not over estimating ourselves to think that we are full of wisdom and

>> enlightened and what we write is profound, worth copying ??

>> Second Doubt : Suppose Shri Ramana Maharishi has taken a similar

>> stand ! What ever I teach is copy right material !! Don't reproduce it

>> without our permission !!

>> Third Doubt : If Big Brother has not provided us with Free Cyber

>> Space, will this forum exist ? Are we responding to this generosity in

>> kind ?

>> Regards

>> Venugopal

>>

Zenbob Replies:

All worthy considerations. As an editor and writer, I have always

admonished that

one should " attribute, attribute, attribute when in doubt and clearly

assign sources

and respectful gratitude toward either known or unknown authors. In the

end,

we realize that all creative genius, if time proves it to be so lofty, is

nothing

more or less than the manifestation of the One True Consciousness, in any

case...

It is like claiming ownership of the ocean, the Earth, or space

itself...but in the

" here and now " where we are manifested as beings that require

nail-clipping,

it is simply a nice courtesy to name names and place content under basic

copyright notices. Such things are not for limiting the free exchange of

discussion

or non-profit promotion, but in the rare instance of infringement for the

sake

of financial gain, or where such comments are taken out of context or any

of the Satsangh might be quoted out of context in some derogatory manner

-- the

Satsangh then has legal recourse to " protect its own " and request " cease

and

desist " of such publications. Just my humble two-cents worth of

monkey-chatter.

Speaking of which, has anybody else read the recent story out of Japan,

that

seems to suggest strongly that Chimps easily outperform humans on several

complex memory and response tests? Gotta love those Chimps! If true,

they fulfill the Dharma for the upright cousins of maintaining or being

reminded to maintain a natural and harmonious humility...

Love & Blessings at the Holiday Season and Always,

Zenbob

>

>

>

> __________ NOD32 2699 (20071203) Information __________

>

> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.

> http://www.eset.com

>

>

>

> __________ NOD32 2699 (20071203) Information __________

>

> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.

> http://www.eset.com

--

Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

--- Robert Kirbo <zen2wrk wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 01:51:33 -0800, Harsha

>

> wrote:

Just my humble

> two-cents worth of

> monkey-chatter.

>

> Speaking of which, has anybody else read the recent

> story out of Japan,

> that

> seems to suggest strongly that Chimps easily

> outperform humans on several

> complex memory and response tests? Gotta love those

> Chimps! If true,

> they fulfill the Dharma for the upright cousins of

> maintaining or being

> reminded to maintain a natural and harmonious

> humility...

>

> Love & Blessings at the Holiday Season and Always,

>

> Zenbob

> >

The Chimpanzee performing better than humans in memory

tests was on TV News today. Here is a ref. :

http://uk.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUKT814420071204

>

Dear Zenbob,

It is wonderful to hear from you. Thank you for sending us your love and

blessings. Your embrace of warmth is much appreciated.

Love to all

Harsha

Robert Kirbo wrote:

>

> Zenbob Replies:

>

> All worthy considerations. As an editor and writer, I have always

> admonished that

> one should " attribute, attribute, attribute when in doubt and clearly

> assign sources

> and respectful gratitude toward either known or unknown authors. In the

> end,

> we realize that all creative genius, if time proves it to be so lofty, is

> nothing

> more or less than the manifestation of the One True Consciousness, in any

> case...

> It is like claiming ownership of the ocean, the Earth, or space

> itself...but in the

> " here and now " where we are manifested as beings that require

> nail-clipping,

> it is simply a nice courtesy to name names and place content under basic

> copyright notices. Such things are not for limiting the free exchange of

> discussion

> or non-profit promotion, but in the rare instance of infringement for the

> sake

> of financial gain, or where such comments are taken out of context or any

> member

> of the Satsangh might be quoted out of context in some derogatory manner

> -- the

> Satsangh then has legal recourse to " protect its own " and request " cease

> and

> desist " of such publications. Just my humble two-cents worth of

> monkey-chatter.

>

> Speaking of which, has anybody else read the recent story out of Japan,

> that

> seems to suggest strongly that Chimps easily outperform humans on several

> complex memory and response tests? Gotta love those Chimps! If true,

> they fulfill the Dharma for the upright cousins of maintaining or being

> reminded to maintain a natural and harmonious humility...

>

> Love & Blessings at the Holiday Season and Always,

>

> Zenbob

>