IndiaDivine.org

BHAGAVAD GITA STUDY !9

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ramana's next selection from the Bhagavad Gita is from X:10

" To them, ever steadfast in loving worship, I give the yoga of understanding, by

which they attain to Me "

Comment:

Krishna is speaking to Arjuna. At a deeper level the 'Me' of Krishna is the

Universal Self immanent in all.

This verse emphasises that worship, to have any real value must come from a

Heart that is full of love.

Then the Yoga of understanding which is the Jnana or Knowledge of the Absolute

Pure Self of Consciousness is eventually granted by grace. This being the way of

surrender, implicit in the worship of love.

Further comment and questions are invited .

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

>

> Ramana's next selection from the Bhagavad Gita is from X:10

> " To them, ever steadfast in loving worship, I give the yoga of

understanding, by which they attain to Me "

Dear Alan and Friends,

The last three verses presented: 17, 18 and 19, seem to present a good

teaching progression.

Starting with the development of Sattvic (pure) Faith which also mean

Trust in the guidelines of the Teacher (outer or inner), and

developing the skill of Concentration in the mind (that as has been

pointed out, is essential for Self -Enquiry), are the necessary

ingredients that will nurture steadfastness, which in its turn fuels

the Fire of Love (Bhakti) for the Self. This seems to be all what the

" person " can " do " . The rest, the final dissolution of that same

person, is left to Grace...

Yours in Bhagavan,

Mouna

My dear Mouna,

Once again thank you for your perceptive and helpful contribution to this study group, which I hope mebers will find to be worth while. V. 19 raises the question of the value of worship.

Coincidently this morning I was continuing my daily reading of Muraganar's Padmalai, which I consider gives us the advanced practice teaching of Bhagavan.

On P. 221 under the heading of Worshiping and Meditating on the Lord we come across apposite comments on V. 19.

30 How does a god benefit by worship directed to him? The benefit is only for the worshiper.

31. To enquire resolutely into one's own real nature in the Heart is to meditate unceasingly upon the feet of the Lord.

32.Only the annihilation of mind that results from the destruction of vasanas is proper, unceasing worship of Siva-Padam .

( My Note : Siva Padam, may be best interpreted as the feet of the Guru in one's Heart.)

33. The worship of divine forms will completely destroy the ego, the I-am-the-body-conceit.

-

-oOo-

To change the topic, I noted you had the opportunity to meet dear Sri Ganesan in CA. I have found him to be a great help in the many years that I have known him.

All love and best wishes,

Alan

--- On Sat, 13/9/08, upadesa <maunna wrote:

upadesa <maunna Re: BHAGAVAD GITA STUDY !9 Date: Saturday, 13 September, 2008, 6:04 AM

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:>> Ramana's next selection from the Bhagavad Gita is from X:10 > "To them, ever steadfast in loving worship, I give the yoga ofunderstanding, by which they attain to Me"Dear Alan and Friends,The last three verses presented: 17, 18 and 19, seem to present a goodteaching progression.Starting with the development of Sattvic (pure) Faith which also meanTrust in the guidelines of the Teacher (outer or inner), anddeveloping the skill of Concentration in the mind (that as has beenpointed out, is essential for Self -Enquiry), are the necessaryingredients that will nurture steadfastness, which in its turn fuelsthe Fire of Love (Bhakti) for the Self. This seems to be all what the"person" can "do". The rest, the final dissolution of that sameperson, is left to Grace...Yours in

Bhagavan,Mouna