IndiaDivine.org

RAMANA MAHARSHI'S SONG CELESTIAL STUDY GROUP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bhagavan's selection of the most important 42 verses in the Bhagavad Gita, from

700, arranged in order, for our spiritual guidance. See his Collected Works.

" As a well lit fire consumes its fuel, Arjuna, so does the fire of knowledge

reduce all activity to ashes. "

Comment. The fire of Jnana reduces unnecessary and unwanted activity to ashes.

In a more subtle way- on the path of renunciation- all activity is reduced to

the bare minimum necessary for sadhana and the maintenance of life.So called

interest in the 'drama of the world' becomes of little importance, except to see

how God governs.Bhagavan himself was a living example of this verse.

All members are invited to participate in this study group by posting comments

or by asking questions, for other members to answer.

Dear list,

Krishna also said something to the effect...-Though I have no duty I act for the sustainence of the universe-....How do you reconcile ?

-d--- On Thu, 9/18/08, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs RAMANA MAHARSHI'S SONG CELESTIAL STUDY GROUP Date: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 12:07 AM

Bhagavan's selection of the most important 42 verses in the Bhagavad Gita, from 700, arranged in order, for our spiritual guidance. See his Collected Works.24"As a well lit fire consumes its fuel, Arjuna, so does the fire of knowledge reduce all activity to ashes."Comment. The fire of Jnana reduces unnecessary and unwanted activity to ashes. In a more subtle way- on the path of renunciation- all activity is reduced to the bare minimum necessary for sadhana and the maintenance of life.So called interest in the 'drama of the world' becomes of little importance, except to see how God governs.Bhagavan himself was a living example of this verse.All members are invited to participate in this study group by posting comments or by asking questions, for other members to answer.

Dear Dave,

Good to hear from you. Krishna as Avatar also promised to restore the Dharma (the Way of Righteousness) if the level of humanity sank too low, as well as the sustenance of the Universe. This can be reconciled because he had no sense of 'personal doership' , which meant he could act without the accumalation of Karma. The Jnani affects the well being of the universe and humanity simply by his very Presence, as Bhagavan said. The Silence of Dakshinamurti is another demonstartion of this power.I hope this is an adequate answer, but others may like to reply too.

All best wishes,

Alan --- On Thu, 18/9/08, Dave Sirjue <davesirjue wrote:

Dave Sirjue <davesirjueRe: RAMANA MAHARSHI'S SONG CELESTIAL STUDY GROUP Date: Thursday, 18 September, 2008, 4:09 PM

Dear list,

Krishna also said something to the effect...-Though I have no duty I act for the sustainence of the universe-... .How do you reconcile ?

-d--- On Thu, 9/18/08, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk> wrote:

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk> RAMANA MAHARSHI'S SONG CELESTIAL STUDY GROUPThursday, September 18, 2008, 12:07 AM

Bhagavan's selection of the most important 42 verses in the Bhagavad Gita, from 700, arranged in order, for our spiritual guidance. See his Collected Works.24"As a well lit fire consumes its fuel, Arjuna, so does the fire of knowledge reduce all activity to ashes."Comment. The fire of Jnana reduces unnecessary and unwanted activity to ashes. In a more subtle way- on the path of renunciation- all activity is reduced to the bare minimum necessary for sadhana and the maintenance of life.So called interest in the 'drama of the world' becomes of little importance, except to see how God governs.Bhagavan himself was a living example of this verse.All members are invited to participate in this study group by posting comments or by asking questions, for other members to answer.

Thanks Allan,

What I'm implying is there an 'universal impulse' or ''Divine Shakti' that constantly unfolding in the realms of manifestation or form ? Ramana describes somewhere that he felt like a straw blown by a certain breeze.

-d--- On Thu, 9/18/08, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobsRe: RAMANA MAHARSHI'S SONG CELESTIAL STUDY GROUP Date: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 1:44 PM

Dear Dave,

Good to hear from you. Krishna as Avatar also promised to restore the Dharma (the Way of Righteousness) if the level of humanity sank too low, as well as the sustenance of the Universe. This can be reconciled because he had no sense of 'personal doership' , which meant he could act without the accumalation of Karma. The Jnani affects the well being of the universe and humanity simply by his very Presence, as Bhagavan said. The Silence of Dakshinamurti is another demonstartion of this power.I hope this is an adequate answer, but others may like to reply too.

All best wishes,

Alan --- On Thu, 18/9/08, Dave Sirjue <davesirjue > wrote:

Dave Sirjue <davesirjue >Re: RAMANA MAHARSHI'S SONG CELESTIAL STUDY GROUPThursday, 18 September, 2008, 4:09 PM

Dear list,

Krishna also said something to the effect...-Though I have no duty I act for the sustainence of the universe-... .How do you reconcile ?

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk> RAMANA MAHARSHI'S SONG CELESTIAL STUDY GROUPThursday, September 18, 2008, 12:07 AM

Bhagavan's selection of the most important 42 verses in the Bhagavad Gita, from 700, arranged in order, for our spiritual guidance. See his Collected Works.24"As a well lit fire consumes its fuel, Arjuna, so does the fire of knowledge reduce all activity to ashes."Comment. The fire of Jnana reduces unnecessary and unwanted activity to ashes. In a more subtle way- on the path of renunciation- all activity is reduced to the bare minimum necessary for sadhana and the maintenance of life.So called interest in the 'drama of the world' becomes of little importance, except to see how God governs.Bhagavan himself was a living example of this verse.All members are invited to participate in this study group by posting comments or by asking questions, for other members to

answer.

Dear Dave,

My understanding is that manifestation takes place from Shiva or Krishna, as you prefer, (i.e. The Absolute Pure Consciousness of Existence- Reality- Bliss) through His Shakti (or cosmic power).So I am with you on this one. Others may have different or supplementary views.

All best wishes and regards,

Alan --- On Thu, 18/9/08, Dave Sirjue <davesirjue wrote:

Dave Sirjue <davesirjueRe: RAMANA MAHARSHI'S SONG CELESTIAL STUDY GROUP Date: Thursday, 18 September, 2008, 7:12 PM

Thanks Allan,

What I'm implying is there an 'universal impulse' or ''Divine Shakti' that constantly unfolding in the realms of manifestation or form ? Ramana describes somewhere that he felt like a straw blown by a certain breeze.

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk>Re: RAMANA MAHARSHI'S SONG CELESTIAL STUDY GROUPThursday, September 18, 2008, 1:44 PM

Dear Dave,

All best wishes,

Alan --- On Thu, 18/9/08, Dave Sirjue <davesirjue > wrote:

Dave Sirjue <davesirjue >Re: RAMANA MAHARSHI'S SONG CELESTIAL STUDY GROUPThursday, 18 September, 2008, 4:09 PM

Dear list,

Bhagavan's selection of the most important 42 verses in the Bhagavad Gita, from 700, arranged in order, for our spiritual guidance. See his Collected Works.24"As a well lit fire consumes its fuel, Arjuna, so does the fire of knowledge reduce all activity to ashes."Comment. The fire of Jnana reduces unnecessary and unwanted activity to ashes. In a more subtle way- on the path of renunciation- all activity is reduced to the bare minimum necessary for sadhana and the maintenance of life.So called interest in the 'drama of the world' becomes of little importance, except to see how God governs.Bhagavan himself was a living example of this verse.All members are invited to participate in this study group by posting comments or by asking questions, for other members to

answer.