IndiaDivine.org

My Experiences.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sir

I have been doing Japa for the past few years and meditating whenever

I get free time. Once I was in deep meditation, I saw a light. Now

almost my thoughts are under control some times, no thoughts at all.

My mind is stand still. If any one can guide me what to be done

further, I will appreciate.

Dr.Rao,PhD

Nottingham

UK

the silence that reigns more accesibly, after the seeing of light [sound etc] is asking what is to be done next at that juncture. if that is corret, then the question WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM? has to be given its pound of flesh.the near-efforltless thoughtless peace [samadhi] at that time is stil associated with the knowledge [vritti, observation, thought] of there being no thought. this though but another thought is at the DOORSTEP of the causal [which latter is to manifest-thoughts, as electric energy itself devoid of form manifests heat and cold, red and violet, and every other duality as obtained thru the nature of whatever specific electric applaince-device [vasana] that resists it.inherence at that point is poised between sleep and vikshepa [slipping away into vasana manifested thought].just hang in

there! the laser does the rest.who ares anyway?the one experiencing One as a competing multiplicity starts to sublimate to One as collaborating multiplicity.jj    --- On Fri, 10/17/08, drpesala <drpesala wrote:drpesala <drpesala My Experiences. Date: Friday, October 17, 2008, 2:24 AM

Sir

I have been doing Japa for the past few years and meditating whenever

I get free time. Once I was in deep meditation, I saw a light. Now

almost my thoughts are under control some times, no thoughts at all.

My mind is stand still. If any one can guide me what to be done

further, I will appreciate.

Dr.Rao,PhD

Nottingham

UK

Dear Sri Ram,

Your question is difficult to answer, and I hope that other members with similar experience may offer advice.

The first thing is to decide for yourself whether or not you are in laya, or is it the deep stillness in the Heart beyond the mind? If it is laya we are recommended by Bhagavan to perservere with Self Enquiry and probe deeply with full attention into the source of the I Thought. If it is stillness beyond the mind, then one can abide there in the Heart and await guidance, in due time, from the Sat Guru in your Heart, having put your question.

One may always perservere with Japa, but the experience of Light may be let go.

I hope this helps,

All best wishes,

Alan --- On Thu, 16/10/08, drpesala <drpesala wrote:

drpesala <drpesala My Experiences. Date: Thursday, 16 October, 2008, 9:54 PM

SirI have been doing Japa for the past few years and meditating wheneverI get free time. Once I was in deep meditation, I saw a light. Nowalmost my thoughts are under control some times, no thoughts at all.My mind is stand still. If any one can guide me what to be donefurther, I will appreciate.Dr.Rao,PhDNottinghamUK

Namaste Dr.Rao,

I would agree with J.J to ask " Who has this problem? " .

Enquire as to who it it that is asking what to do next.

Who is it that is aware of the 'light' experience?.

Turn the mind or attention towareds who it is that is 'doing' japa.

Are you the body and mind, and all phenomena which come and go?

Enquire like this.

Turn towards the awareness of all this that comes and goes.. all

experience.

Blessings on this journey os Self discovery,

Soul

, " drpesala " <drpesala

wrote:

>

> Sir

> I have been doing Japa for the past few years and meditating

whenever

> I get free time. Once I was in deep meditation, I saw a light. Now

> almost my thoughts are under control some times, no thoughts at all.

> My mind is stand still. If any one can guide me what to be done

> further, I will appreciate.

> Dr.Rao,PhD

> Nottingham

> UK

>

Is there a self to discover?

From: soulyoginimaDate: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 03:14:54 +0000 Re: My Experiences.

Namaste Dr.Rao,I would agree with J.J to ask "Who has this problem?".Enquire as to who it it that is asking what to do next.Who is it that is aware of the 'light' experience?.Turn the mind or attention towareds who it is that is 'doing' japa.Are you the body and mind, and all phenomena which come and go?Enquire like this.Turn towards the awareness of all this that comes and goes.. all experience.Blessings on this journey os Self discovery,Soul , "drpesala" <drpesala wrote:>> Sir> I have been doing Japa for the past few years and meditating whenever> I get free time. Once I was in deep meditation, I saw a light. Now> almost my thoughts are under control some times, no thoughts at all.> My mind is stand still. If any one can guide me what to be done> further, I will appreciate.> Dr.Rao,PhD> Nottingham> UK> For the best free wallpapers from MSN Click here!

james cogdell <cogdelljames wrote:

>

>

> Is there a self to discover?

>

Dear James,

The very essence of the one who is asking the question IS the Self.

It's more a question of Un-covering or of RE-cognizing (to know again

what was covered by ignorance) than a new discovery.

Columbus never " discover " America, he just realized what was always there.

Yours in Bhagavan,

Mouna

Dear Dr Rao

The experience of light might be one of the types of Samadhi. The most important thing in any experience we pass through is the lesson we get out of it. The correct beneficial understanding from this experience.

I would like to ask if you would desribe this experience of seeing light in full detail, so that if it is a Samadhi experience or not. Then I might be able to tell you the correct significance of this experience and where we can move from there.

mourad

, "drpesala" <drpesala wrote:>> Sir> I have been doing Japa for the past few years and meditating whenever> I get free time. Once I was in deep meditation, I saw a light. Now> almost my thoughts are under control some times, no thoughts at all.> My mind is stand still. If any one can guide me what to be done> further, I will appreciate.> Dr.Rao,PhD> Nottingham> UK>

I have to admit that this all sounds a bit mumbo jumbo to me. I'm not sure if any of you have any real idea what you're talking about. It's all very nice talking like this about esoteric stuff, but when life hits you in the face, what good will all this do?

James

From: maunnaDate: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 18:35:36 +0000 Re: My Experiences.

james cogdell <cogdelljames wrote:>> > Is there a self to discover?> Dear James,The very essence of the one who is asking the question IS the Self.It's more a question of Un-covering or of RE-cognizing (to know againwhat was covered by ignorance) than a new discovery.Columbus never "discover" America, he just realized what was always there.Yours in Bhagavan,Mouna For the best free wallpapers from MSN Click here!

Doesn't everyone get lights when they meditate? I do all the time. They are just displays on the retina. Nothing mystical. Unless of course you attribute a mystical element to them. You are just giving them a name. There is the light at the centre in between the eyes. It is a light in between the eyes. That is all. Why is this so special? It denotes nothing but a light between the eyes. That is all. I also experience lucid dreaming. I also experience a sense of levitation. These are experiences that we can cling to and give meaning to if we wish. If we do that, we are on a ladder, a path, and we become trapped on that path because we feel that we are either spiritually aware or not quite spiritually aware enough. Immediate division, hierarchy. It's a trap. The more I have read these posts and looked at the website, the more I feel that there is alot of suggestion here, one person telling another person what is the right way to describe these things and what they 'really' mean. I'm a total but respectful skeptic who believes that we all have these experiences. They are nothing to get excited about. There is no oneness or essence. There are experiences upon which are layers of meaning in the form of language.

Much love

James

From: mourad_shamelDate: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 20:16:55 +0000 Re: My Experiences.

Dear Dr Rao

The experience of light might be one of the types of Samadhi. The most important thing in any experience we pass through is the lesson we get out of it. The correct beneficial understanding from this experience.

I would like to ask if you would desribe this experience of seeing light in full detail, so that if it is a Samadhi experience or not. Then I might be able to tell you the correct significance of this experience and where we can move from there.

mourad

, "drpesala" <drpesala wrote:>> Sir> I have been doing Japa for the past few years and meditating whenever> I get free time. Once I was in deep meditation, I saw a light. Now> almost my thoughts are under control some times, no thoughts at all.> My mind is stand still. If any one can guide me what to be done> further, I will appreciate.> Dr.Rao,PhD> Nottingham> UK>

For the best free wallpapers from MSN Click here!

james cogdell <cogdelljames wrote:

>

> I have to admit that this all sounds a bit mumbo jumbo to me. I'm

not sure if any of you have any real idea what you're talking about.

It's all very nice talking like this about esoteric stuff, but when

life hits you in the face, what good will all this do?

> James

Dear James,

Yes my friend, when " life hits you in the face " as you said, then one

verifies for oneself if all this talk was a mumbo jumbo or not. And

how much you have invested so far investigating " hands on " about

yourself, how real was your whole sadhana, and how you talk about it.

The only thing is that you will never know for the other, you can only

know for yourself. Eventually it all comes to know how solid is your

own " mumbo jumbo " .

Yours in Bhagavan,

Mouna

>

> Sir

> I have been doing Japa for the past few years and meditating whenever

> I get free time. Once I was in deep meditation, I saw a light. Now

> almost my thoughts are under control some times, no thoughts at all.

> My mind is stand still. If any one can guide me what to be done

> further, I will appreciate.

> Dr.Rao,PhD

> Nottingham

> UK

>

The science of Inner-Light and Sound Meditation Surat Shabd Yoga aka

Sanr Mat or Radhasoami teaches the Light and Om < Logos, the Word in

the Bible, Nam..etc > The visions are maped by th mystics of ALL

religions same..

STEP THREE: Concentrating on the inner light In the Light meditation

we experience the light within us and remove the coverings on this

light than we know the luminosity within us and we will want to see

more and more of it. We should not pay attention to our breathing; the

attention collected between and behind the eyebrows at the third-eye

center. While concentrating on what lies in front of us, Light will

sprout forth we may see lights of any color or flashes of light. We

should concentrate in the middle of whatever we see, and continue

repeating the Names. We will see various inner vistas, such as inner

stars, moon, and sun, or have other experiences. We are to gaze into

the middle of whatever we see, and the Light and Sound will guide us

beyond the physical into the inner planes.

sound

from http://santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html

Era

Sat Nam

Dear Friends on the Way, James, Michael, Alan and all

There are two major kinds of Samadhi ( According to sri Ramana)

1- Savikalpa Samadhi.

2- Nirvrikalpa Samadhi.

Without going into much details in the description of these kinds of Samadhi -The book Talks with sri Ramana Maharshi, pages 84,153-5,357-9,381-2. Sri Raman says in page 154 -of the same book- "In one case the mind lies immersed in the Light of the Self".

I think that many disciples to Sri Raman, or Sri Atmananda -a contemporary sage to Ramana- understood such sentence and simillar sentences literally, therefore, their experience might be tainted with their understanding, that is why some disciples in deep meditation, experience the disappearance of everything and only Light appears.

We have to bear in mind that the path portrayed by Sri Ramana is the way of "UNLEARNING". To unlearn what we have learned and examine everything afresh -without our old learnings.

So I would ask those disciples who indulge in Meditation, to experience another state of consciousness, WHERE IS THE UNLEARNING? Unless as I mentioned in my previous post in responce to Dr Rao, where man goes into meditation and learns something from it.

The final stage of enlightenment, according to sri Ramana, is called Sahaja Nirvikalpa Samadhi. Sahaja means natural, Nirvikala means absence of objective thinking and thoghts, samadhi is the true nature. This is identical to what the Sixth Ch'an Patriarch Hui Neng,when he was asked about the final abode or the True Nature, Hui Neng said " Thoughtlessness, Formlessness and Abodeless Abode".

mourad

, james cogdell <cogdelljames wrote:>> > Doesn't everyone get lights when they meditate? I do all the time. They are just displays on the retina. Nothing mystical. Unless of course you attribute a mystical element to them. You are just giving them a name. There is the light at the centre in between the eyes. It is a light in between the eyes. That is all. Why is this so special? It denotes nothing but a light between the eyes. That is all. I also experience lucid dreaming. I also experience a sense of levitation. These are experiences that we can cling to and give meaning to if we wish. If we do that, we are on a ladder, a path, and we become trapped on that path because we feel that we are either spiritually aware or not quite spiritually aware enough. Immediate division, hierarchy. It's a trap. The more I have read these posts and looked at the website, the more I feel that there is alot of suggestion here, one person telling another person what is the right way to describe these things and what they 'really' mean. I'm a total but respectful skeptic who believes that we all have these experiences. They are nothing to get excited about. There is no oneness or essence. There are experiences upon which are layers of meaning in the form of language. > Much love> James> > > > : mourad_shamel: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 20:16:55 +0000 Re: My Experiences.> > > > > > Dear Dr Rao> The experience of light might be one of the types of Samadhi. The most important thing in any experience we pass through is the lesson we get out of it. The correct beneficial understanding from this experience.> I would like to ask if you would desribe this experience of seeing light in full detail, so that if it is a Samadhi experience or not. Then I might be able to tell you the correct significance of this experience and where we can move from there.> mourad> > , "drpesala" drpesala@ wrote:>> Sir> I have been doing Japa for the past few years and meditating whenever> I get free time. Once I was in deep meditation, I saw a light. Now> almost my thoughts are under control some times, no thoughts at all.> My mind is stand still. If any one can guide me what to be done> further, I will appreciate.> Dr.Rao,PhD> Nottingham> UK>> > > > > > > _______________> See the most popular videos on the web > http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454061/direct/01/>

Dear Mourad and All,

There's a summary of sri Ramana's explanation/description of the differnt types of samadhi at the following link.

http://www.advaita.org.uk/discourses/teachers/samadhi_ramana.htm

Best wishes,

Peter

On Behalf Of mourad21 October 2008 14:40 Subject: Re: My Experiences.

Dear Friends on the Way, James, Michael, Alan and all

There are two major kinds of Samadhi ( According to sri Ramana)

1- Savikalpa Samadhi.

2- Nirvrikalpa Samadhi.

<snip>

Dear Peter

Thank you for the link, most grateful

mourad

, "Peter" <not_2 wrote:>> Dear Mourad and All,> > There's a summary of sri Ramana's explanation/description of the differnt> types of samadhi at the following link. > > http://www.advaita.org.uk/discourses/teachers/samadhi_ramana.htm> > > Best wishes,> > Peter> > _____ > > > On Behalf Of mourad> 21 October 2008 14:40> > Re: My Experiences.> > > > > Dear Friends on the Way, James, Michael, Alan and all> > There are two major kinds of Samadhi ( According to sri Ramana)> > 1- Savikalpa Samadhi.> > 2- Nirvrikalpa Samadhi. > > > > <snip> > > .> > <http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=73173/grpspId=1705060955/msgId=4> 6933/stime=1224596406/nc1=5008816/nc2=3848643/nc3=4836038>>