IndiaDivine.org

Looking for those interested in Ramana in Zurich

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As I am visiting Zurich, I wondered if there were anybody in the group here from Zurich or knows of any folks interested in Ramana Maharshi and his teachings.

Namaste,

Krishna--- On Fri, 10/17/08, wrote:

Digest Number 4252 Date: Friday, October 17, 2008, 8:02 AM

Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi

Messages In This Digest (10 Messages)

1a.

Re: more on vasanas 2 J. J.

1b.

Re: more on vasanas 2 MIchael Cape-Meadows

1c.

Re: more on vasanas 2 Soul

1d.

Re: more on vasanas 2 Alan Jacobs

Fw: Re: Re: more on vasanas 2 J. J.

Bhagavan's Promises and Declarations 5 Alan Jacobs

4a.

My Experiences. drpesala

4b.

Re: My Experiences. J. J.

4c.

Re: My Experiences. Alan Jacobs

my yoga postures ganesan

View All Topics | Create New Topic

1a.

Re: more on vasanas 2

Posted by: "J. J." atmaJJJnana atmajjjnana

Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:51 am (PDT)

sat vasana is aware of vasanas. there is a Sun which rising, manifests the crude stone as well as manifests more ínside´ those of them that have better polish. That sun in the stone is aware of vasanas, being neither entirely independant of the stone nor of the Sun. what technology! hari om!JJ --- On Thu, 10/16/08, Soul <soulyoginima@ . au> wrote:Soul <soulyoginima@ . au> Re: more on vasanas 2Thursday, October 16, 2008, 4:47

AMAware...., "Soul" <soulyoginima@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Alan and freinds,> > > Yes.... Who is aeare of the vasanas?> > > Namaste,> Soul> > > > > > , Alan Jacobs > <alanadamsjacobs@ > wrote:> >> > Another vasana posting from AHAM.> > >> > > > > > Verse 28. If the vasanas (taints of the mind) that come> > > forth from the> > > mind, like soldiers from within a fort, are then and there> > > killed by the> > > sword of the Quest of the Self, the mind is (finally)> > > conquered.> > > > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~> > > > > > These quotations

are from the book,> > > Guru--Ramana- -Vachana- -Mala by Murunagar Translated by "Who"> > > published by Sri Ramanasramam.> >>

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (7)

1b.

Posted by: "MIchael Cape-Meadows" ramanatmosphere ramanatmosphere

Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:08 pm (PDT)

Alan I am puzzled.>"Guru--Ramana- -Vachana- -Mala by Murunagar Translated by "Who"> published by Sri Ramanasramam. "is indeed a wonderful publication from Sri Ramanasramam.Authored by Sri Lakshmana Sarma.Why are you bringing aham into it? They are a commercial institution,who sell "courses in self-realization" .I find this strange.MC-M, Alan Jacobs<alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:>> Another vasana posting from AHAM.> >> > > > Verse 28. If the vasanas (taints of the mind) that come> > forth from the> > mind, like soldiers from within a fort, are then and there> > killed by the> > sword of the Quest of the Self, the mind is (finally)> > conquered.> >

> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~> > > > These quotations are from the book,> > Guru--Ramana- -Vachana- -Mala by Murunagar Translated by "Who"> > published by Sri Ramanasramam.>

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (7)

1c.

Posted by: "Soul" soulyoginima soulyoginima

Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:48 pm (PDT)

Namaste,It is seen here that vasanas are part of who i am not... part of the conditioning, mind... not who i am. And so, there is no vasana to 'fix' although they appear in awareness, no denying that.It seems to keep returning to the truth of who i am, is all that is needed, and a continual seeing that the conditioning, min, body etc is not who iam. It is all simply the play of consciosness.So the question 'who is aware of the vasanas?' or 'who has the vasanas?' ...Blessings to dear sangha friends,Soul, "J. J." <atmaJJJnana@ ...> wrote:>> sat vasana is aware of vasanas.> ?> there is a Sun which rising, manifests?the crude stone as well as > manifests more ínside?those of them that

have better polish.> ?> That sun in the stone is aware of vasanas, being neither entirely independant of the stone nor of the Sun.> ?> what technology!> ?> hari om!> > JJ> > ?> ??> > --- On Thu, 10/16/08, Soul <soulyoginima@ ...> wrote:> > Soul <soulyoginima@ ...>> Re: more on vasanas 2> > Thursday, October 16, 2008, 4:47 AM> > > > > > > Aware....> , "Soul" <soulyoginima@ ...> > wrote:> >> > Dear Alan and freinds,> > > > > > Yes.... Who is aeare of the vasanas?> > > > > >

Namaste,> > Soul> > > > > > > > > > > > , Alan Jacobs > > <alanadamsjacobs@ > wrote:> > >> > > Another vasana posting from AHAM.> > > >> > > > > > > > Verse 28. If the vasanas (taints of the mind) that come> > > > forth from the> > > > mind, like soldiers from within a fort, are then and there> > > > killed by the> > > > sword of the Quest of the Self, the mind is (finally)> > > > conquered.> > > > > > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~> > > > > > > > These quotations are from the book,> > > > Guru--Ramana- -Vachana- -Mala by Murunagar Translated by "Who"> >

> > published by Sri Ramanasramam.> > >> >>

1d.

Posted by: "Alan Jacobs" alanadamsjacobs tigersjaws

Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:19 pm (PDT)

Dear Michael, You are right in the sense that AHAM charge for courses. However, the Daily Thought they send is usually direct from Bhagavan's teaching and if authentic, and relevent to our current threads, I have posted it. The posting is edited to exclude any general AHAM information but some brief acknowledgement is given. I feel on occaisions they are worth while posting if relevent. They have raised certain questions from members because as you say the Guru Ramana Vachana Mala is a great book. I trust this is a sufficient explanation. All regards and best wishes, Alan --- On Thu, 16/10/08, MIchael Cape-Meadows <ramanatmosphere@ .co. uk> wrote:MIchael Cape-Meadows <ramanatmosphere@ .co.

uk> Re: more on vasanas 2Thursday, 16 October, 2008, 9:08 PMAlan I am puzzled.>"Guru--Ramana- -Vachana- -Mala by Murunagar Translated by "Who"> published by Sri Ramanasramam. "is indeed a wonderful publication from Sri Ramanasramam.Authored by Sri Lakshmana Sarma.Why are you bringing aham into it? They are a commercial institution,who sell "courses in self-realization" .I find this strange.MC-M, Alan Jacobs<alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:>> Another vasana posting from AHAM.> >> > > > Verse 28. If the vasanas (taints of the mind) that come> > forth from the> > mind, like soldiers from within a fort, are then

and there> > killed by the> > sword of the Quest of the Self, the mind is (finally)> > conquered.> > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~> > > > These quotations are from the book,> > Guru--Ramana- -Vachana- -Mala by Murunagar Translated by "Who"> > published by Sri Ramanasramam.>

Fw: Re: Re: more on vasanas 2

Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:06 am (PDT)

addendum:of course there never was any Sun-rise or -set.hari om]with best wishesJJ --- On Thu, 10/16/08, J. J. <atmajjjnana@ > wrote:J. J. <atmajjjnana@ >Re: Re: more on vasanas 2Thursday, October 16, 2008, 6:21 PMsat vasana is aware of vasanas. there is a Sun which rising, manifests the crude stone as well as manifests more ínside´ those of them that have better polish. That sun in the stone is aware of vasanas, being neither entirely independant of

the stone nor of the Sun. what technology! hari om!JJ --- On Thu, 10/16/08, Soul <soulyoginima@ . au> wrote:Soul <soulyoginima@ . au> Re: more on vasanas 2Thursday, October 16, 2008, 4:47 AMAware...., "Soul" <soulyoginima@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Alan and freinds,> > > Yes.... Who is aeare of the vasanas?> > > Namaste,> Soul> > > > > > --- In

, Alan Jacobs > <alanadamsjacobs@ > wrote:> >> > Another vasana posting from AHAM.> > >> > > > > > Verse 28. If the vasanas (taints of the mind) that come> > > forth from the> > > mind, like soldiers from within a fort, are then and there> > > killed by the> > > sword of the Quest of the Self, the mind is (finally)> > > conquered.> > > > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~> > > > > > These quotations are from the book,> > > Guru--Ramana- -Vachana- -Mala by Murunagar Translated by "Who"> > > published by Sri Ramanasramam.> >>

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

Bhagavan's Promises and Declarations 5

Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:03 pm (PDT)

Bhagavan's Promises and Declarations 5From Padamalai P.24Knowing and Experiencing Me5. "To meditate on my swarupa (true nature), which possesses the light that is the source of life, all that is needed is your one-pointedness of mind."

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

4a.

My Experiences.

Posted by: "drpesala" drpesala drpesala

Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:12 pm (PDT)

SirI have been doing Japa for the past few years and meditating wheneverI get free time. Once I was in deep meditation, I saw a light. Nowalmost my thoughts are under control some times, no thoughts at all.My mind is stand still. If any one can guide me what to be donefurther, I will appreciate.Dr.Rao,PhDNottinghamUK

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (3)

4b.

Re: My Experiences.

Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:00 pm (PDT)

the silence that reigns more accesibly, after the seeing of light [sound etc] is asking what is to be done next at that juncture. if that is corret, then the question WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM? has to be given its pound of flesh.the near-efforltless thoughtless peace [samadhi] at that time is stil associated with the knowledge [vritti, observation, thought] of there being no thought. this though but another thought is at the DOORSTEP of the causal [which latter is to manifest-thoughts, as electric energy itself devoid of form manifests heat and cold, red and violet, and every other duality as obtained thru the nature of whatever specific electric applaince-device [vasana] that resists it.inherence at that point is poised between sleep and vikshepa [slipping away into vasana manifested thought].just hang in there! the laser does the rest.who ares anyway?the one experiencing One as a competing multiplicity starts to sublimate to One as

collaboratingmultiplicity.jj --- On Fri, 10/17/08, drpesala <drpesala > wrote:drpesala <drpesala > My Experiences.Friday, October 17, 2008, 2:24 AMSirI have been doing Japa for the past few years and meditating wheneverI get free time. Once I was in deep meditation, I saw a light. Nowalmost my thoughts are under control some times, no thoughts at all.My mind is stand still. If any one can guide me what to be donefurther, I will

appreciate.Dr.Rao,PhDNottinghamUK

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (3)

4c.

Re: My Experiences.

Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:27 am (PDT)

Dear Sri Ram, Your question is difficult to answer, and I hope that other members with similar experience may offer advice. The first thing is to decide for yourself whether or not you are in laya, or is it the deep stillness in the Heart beyond the mind? If it is laya we are recommended by Bhagavan to perservere with Self Enquiry and probe deeply with full attention into the source of the I Thought. If it is stillness beyond the mind, then one can abide there in the Heart and await guidance, in due time, from the Sat Guru in your Heart, having put your question. One may always perservere with Japa, but the experience of Light may be let go. I hope this helps, All best wishes, Alan --- On Thu, 16/10/08, drpesala <drpesala >

wrote:drpesala <drpesala > My Experiences.Thursday, 16 October, 2008, 9:54 PMSirI have been doing Japa for the past few years and meditating wheneverI get free time. Once I was in deep meditation, I saw a light. Nowalmost my thoughts are under control some times, no thoughts at all.My mind is stand still. If any one can guide me what to be donefurther, I will appreciate.Dr.Rao,PhDNottinghamUK

my yoga postures

Posted by: "ganesan" ganesan_premalatha ganesan_premalatha

Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:01 am (PDT)

i am doing yoga for the past three years .my photos can be viewed in my orkut profile.i would like to post it in this site

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Only on

World of Star Wars

Meet fans, watch

videos & more.

New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Search.

Moderator Central

Get the latest news

from the team.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web