IndiaDivine.org

Fw: What happens when the True Divine Human Nature Reveals!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't want to ruin the feeling for anyone, but this story has been circulating on the internet for a few years under various identities and small changes.  It seems to be one of those created myths that probably had some origin in fact at one point.  'Shay' is not the first fictionalized character to enact the tale.  JillOn Oct 31, 2008, at 4:53 AM, Richard Clarke wrote:Michael,thank you for posting this heartwarming story. There are dialogs aboutego on the forum. Here is a great example of acting without ego,acting from love instead of fear.Om Arunacalesvaraya Namah,Richard--- In  , "Michael Bindel"<michael.bindel wrote:>> from a posting by ram chandran of the advaitin-list> > At a fundraising dinner for a school that serves children with > learning disabilities, the father of one of the students delivered a > speech that would never be forgotten by all who attended. After > extolling the school and its dedicated staff, he offered a > question: 'When not interfered with by outside influences, > everything nature does, is done with perfection. Yet my son, Shay, > cannot learn things as other children do. He cannot understand > things as other children do. Where is the natural order of things in > my son?'> > The audience was stilled by the query. The father continued. 'I > believe that when a child like Shay, who was mentally and physically > disabled comes into the world, an opportunity to realize true human > nature presents itself, and it comes in the way other people treat > that child.'> > Then he told the following story:> > Shay and I had walked past a park where some boys Shay knew were > playing baseball. Shay asked, 'Do you think they'll let me play?' I > knew that most of the boys would not want someone like Shay on their > team, but as a father I also understood that if my son were allowed > to play, it would give him a much-needed sense of belonging and some > confidence to be accepted by others in spite of his handicaps.> > I approached one of the boys on the field and asked (not expecting > much) if Shay could play. The boy looked around for guidance and > said, 'We're losing by six runs and the game is in the eighth inning. > I guess he can be on our team and we'll try to put him in to bat in > the ninth inning.' > > Shay struggled over to the team's bench and, with a broad smile, put > on a team shirt. I watched with a small tear in my eye and warmth in > my heart. The boys saw my joy at my son being accepted.> > In the bottom of the eighth inning, Shay's team scored a few runs > but was still behind by three. In the top of the ninth inning, Shay > put on a glove and played in the right field. Even though no hits > came his way, he was obviously ecstatic just to be in the game and on > the field, grinning from ear to ear as I waved to him from the > stands.> > In the bottom of the ninth inning, Shay's team scored again. Now, > with two outs and the bases loaded, the potential winning run was on > base and Shay was scheduled to be next at bat.> > At this juncture, do they let Shay bat and give away their chance to > win the game? > Surprisingly, Shay was given the bat. Everyone knew that a hit was > all but impossible because Shay didn't even know how to hold the bat > properly, much less connect with the ball. > > However, as Shay stepped up to the plate, the pitcher, recognizing > that the other team was putting winning aside for this moment in > Shay's life, moved in a few steps to lob the ball in softly so Shay > could at least make contact.> > The first pitch came and Shay swung clumsily and missed. The pitcher > again took a few steps forward to toss the ball softly towards Shay. > As the pitch came in, Shay swung at the ball and hit a slow ground > ball right back to the pitcher. > > The game would now be over. The pitcher picked up the soft grounder > and could have easily thrown the ball to the first baseman. Shay > would have been out and that would have been the end of the game.> > Instead, the pitcher threw the ball right over the first baseman's > head, out of reach of all team mates. Everyone from the stands and > both teams started yelling, 'Shay, run to first! Run to first!'> > Never in his life had Shay ever run that far, but he made it to > first base. > He scampered down the baseline, wide-eyed and startled. Everyone > yelled, 'Run to second, run to second!' > > Catching his breath, Shay awkwardly ran towards second, gleaming and > struggling to make it to the base. By the time Shay rounded toward > second base, the right fielder had the ball . the smallest guy on > their team who now had his first chance to be the hero for his team. > > He could have thrown the ball to the second-baseman for the tag, but > he understood the pitcher's intentions so he, too, intentionally > threw the ball high and far over the third-baseman's head. Shay ran > toward third base deliriously as the runners ahead of him circled > the bases toward home. All were screaming, 'Shay, Shay, Shay, all > the Way Shay'> > Shay reached third base because the opposing shortstop ran to help > him by turning him in the direction of third base, and shouted, 'Run > to third! Shay, run to third!' > > As Shay rounded third, the boys from both teams, and the spectators, > were on their feet screaming, 'Shay, run home! Run home!' Shay ran to > home, stepped on the plate, and was cheered as the hero who hit the > grand slam and won the game for his team. > > 'That day', said the father softly with tears now rolling down his > face, 'the boys from both teams helped bring a piece of true love > and humanity into this world'.> > Shay didn't make it to another summer. He died that winter, having > never forgotten being the hero and making me so happy, and coming > home and seeing his Mother tearfully embrace her little hero of the > day! > > AND NOW A LITTLE FOOT NOTE TO THIS STORY:> > We all send thousands of messages without a second thought, but when > it comes to sending messages about life choices, we hesitate. If > you're thinking about forwarding this message, chances are that > you're probably sorting out the people in your address book who > aren't the 'appropriate' ones to receive this type of message Well, > the person who sent you this believes that we all can make a > difference. > > We all have thousands of opportunities every single day to help > realize the 'natural order of things' and recognize our True Divine > Nature. So many seemingly trivial interactions between two people > present us with a choice:> > Do we pass along a little spark of love and humanity or do we pass > up those opportunities and leave the world a little bit colder in > the process?> > A wise man once said every society is judged by how it treats it's > least fortunate amongst them.> > With love and regards to all,> > Ram Chandran> > > > > > >-------------------------> > > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com > Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.4/1752 - Release Date:28/10/2008 10.04>

Hello Everyone,

I am now giving up all this searching for the divine. It's all far too self indulgent.

Good luck,

James

From: richardDate: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:53:36 +0000 Re: Fw: What happens when the True Divine Human Nature Reveals!

Michael,thank you for posting this heartwarming story. There are dialogs aboutego on the forum. Here is a great example of acting without ego,acting from love instead of fear.Om Arunacalesvaraya Namah,Richard , "Michael Bindel"<michael.bindel wrote:>> from a posting by ram chandran of the advaitin-list> > At a fundraising dinner for a school that serves children with > learning disabilities, the father of one of the students delivered a > speech that would never be forgotten by all who attended. After > extolling the school and its dedicated staff, he offered a > question: 'When not interfered with by outside influences, > everything nature does, is done with perfection. Yet my son, Shay, > cannot learn things as other children do. He cannot understand > things as other children do. Where is the natural order of things in > my son?'> > The audience was stilled by the query. The father continued. 'I > believe that when a child like Shay, who was mentally and physically > disabled comes into the world, an opportunity to realize true human > nature presents itself, and it comes in the way other people treat > that child.'> > Then he told the following story:> > Shay and I had walked past a park where some boys Shay knew were > playing baseball. Shay asked, 'Do you think they'll let me play?' I > knew that most of the boys would not want someone like Shay on their > team, but as a father I also understood that if my son were allowed > to play, it would give him a much-needed sense of belonging and some > confidence to be accepted by others in spite of his handicaps.> > I approached one of the boys on the field and asked (not expecting > much) if Shay could play. The boy looked around for guidance and > said, 'We're losing by six runs and the game is in the eighth inning. > I guess he can be on our team and we'll try to put him in to bat in > the ninth inning.' > > Shay struggled over to the team's bench and, with a broad smile, put > on a team shirt. I watched with a small tear in my eye and warmth in > my heart. The boys saw my joy at my son being accepted.> > In the bottom of the eighth inning, Shay's team scored a few runs > but was still behind by three. In the top of the ninth inning, Shay > put on a glove and played in the right field. Even though no hits > came his way, he was obviously ecstatic just to be in the game and on > the field, grinning from ear to ear as I waved to him from the > stands.> > In the bottom of the ninth inning, Shay's team scored again. Now, > with two outs and the bases loaded, the potential winning run was on > base and Shay was scheduled to be next at bat.> > At this juncture, do they let Shay bat and give away their chance to > win the game? > Surprisingly, Shay was given the bat. Everyone knew that a hit was > all but impossible because Shay didn't even know how to hold the bat > properly, much less connect with the ball. > > However, as Shay stepped up to the plate, the pitcher, recognizing > that the other team was putting winning aside for this moment in > Shay's life, moved in a few steps to lob the ball in softly so Shay > could at least make contact.> > The first pitch came and Shay swung clumsily and missed. The pitcher > again took a few steps forward to toss the ball softly towards Shay. > As the pitch came in, Shay swung at the ball and hit a slow ground > ball right back to the pitcher. > > The game would now be over. The pitcher picked up the soft grounder > and could have easily thrown the ball to the first baseman. Shay > would have been out and that would have been the end of the game.> > Instead, the pitcher threw the ball right over the first baseman's > head, out of reach of all team mates. Everyone from the stands and > both teams started yelling, 'Shay, run to first! Run to first!'> > Never in his life had Shay ever run that far, but he made it to > first base. > He scampered down the baseline, wide-eyed and startled. Everyone > yelled, 'Run to second, run to second!' > > Catching his breath, Shay awkwardly ran towards second, gleaming and > struggling to make it to the base. By the time Shay rounded toward > second base, the right fielder had the ball . the smallest guy on > their team who now had his first chance to be the hero for his team. > > He could have thrown the ball to the second-baseman for the tag, but > he understood the pitcher's intentions so he, too, intentionally > threw the ball high and far over the third-baseman's head. Shay ran > toward third base deliriously as the runners ahead of him circled > the bases toward home. All were screaming, 'Shay, Shay, Shay, all > the Way Shay'> > Shay reached third base because the opposing shortstop ran to help > him by turning him in the direction of third base, and shouted, 'Run > to third! Shay, run to third!' > > As Shay rounded third, the boys from both teams, and the spectators, > were on their feet screaming, 'Shay, run home! Run home!' Shay ran to > home, stepped on the plate, and was cheered as the hero who hit the > grand slam and won the game for his team. > > 'That day', said the father softly with tears now rolling down his > face, 'the boys from both teams helped bring a piece of true love > and humanity into this world'.> > Shay didn't make it to another summer. He died that winter, having > never forgotten being the hero and making me so happy, and coming > home and seeing his Mother tearfully embrace her little hero of the > day! > > AND NOW A LITTLE FOOT NOTE TO THIS STORY:> > We all send thousands of messages without a second thought, but when > it comes to sending messages about life choices, we hesitate. If > you're thinking about forwarding this message, chances are that > you're probably sorting out the people in your address book who > aren't the 'appropriate' ones to receive this type of message Well, > the person who sent you this believes that we all can make a > difference. > > We all have thousands of opportunities every single day to help > realize the 'natural order of things' and recognize our True Divine > Nature. So many seemingly trivial interactions between two people > present us with a choice:> > Do we pass along a little spark of love and humanity or do we pass > up those opportunities and leave the world a little bit colder in > the process?> > A wise man once said every society is judged by how it treats it's > least fortunate amongst them.> > With love and regards to all,> > Ram Chandran> > > > > > >-------------------------> > > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com > Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.4/1752 - Release Date:28/10/2008 10.04> For the best free wallpapers from MSN Click here!

Hello james,

what do you mean by self indulgent?

I find that in the search for the divine,self indulgment

is one of the obstacles one has to get over with.

And the search for the divine is nothing more

than an ego cleaning,which means the ego is prepared to face divinity.

Through Satsang here you will propably get the help you need

to meet divinity without self indulgment.

However,best wishes in whatever you will do..

Sandoshan.

--- james cogdell <cogdelljames schrieb am Fr, 31.10.2008:

Von: james cogdell <cogdelljamesBetreff: RE: Re: Fw: What happens when the True Divine Human Nature Reveals!An: Datum: Freitag, 31. Oktober 2008, 14:46

Hello Everyone,I am now giving up all this searching for the divine. It's all far too self indulgent.Good luck,James

richard@infinitepie .netFri, 31 Oct 2008 08:53:36 +0000 Re: Fw: What happens when the True Divine Human Nature Reveals!

Michael,thank you for posting this heartwarming story. There are dialogs aboutego on the forum. Here is a great example of acting without ego,acting from love instead of fear.Om Arunacalesvaraya Namah,Richard, "Michael Bindel"<michael.bindel@ ...> wrote:>> from a posting by ram chandran of the advaitin-list> > At a fundraising dinner for a school that serves children with > learning disabilities, the father of one of the students delivered a > speech that would never be forgotten by all who attended. After > extolling the school and its dedicated staff, he offered a > question: 'When not interfered with by outside influences, > everything nature does, is done with perfection. Yet my son, Shay, > cannot

learn things as other children do. He cannot understand > things as other children do. Where is the natural order of things in > my son?'> > The audience was stilled by the query. The father continued. 'I > believe that when a child like Shay, who was mentally and physically > disabled comes into the world, an opportunity to realize true human > nature presents itself, and it comes in the way other people treat > that child.'> > Then he told the following story:> > Shay and I had walked past a park where some boys Shay knew were > playing baseball. Shay asked, 'Do you think they'll let me play?' I > knew that most of the boys would not want someone like Shay on their > team, but as a father I also understood that if my son were allowed > to play, it would give him a much-needed sense of belonging and some > confidence to be accepted by

others in spite of his handicaps.> > I approached one of the boys on the field and asked (not expecting > much) if Shay could play. The boy looked around for guidance and > said, 'We're losing by six runs and the game is in the eighth inning. > I guess he can be on our team and we'll try to put him in to bat in > the ninth inning.' > > Shay struggled over to the team's bench and, with a broad smile, put > on a team shirt. I watched with a small tear in my eye and warmth in > my heart. The boys saw my joy at my son being accepted.> > In the bottom of the eighth inning, Shay's team scored a few runs > but was still behind by three. In the top of the ninth inning, Shay > put on a glove and played in the right field. Even though no hits > came his way, he was obviously ecstatic just to be in the game and on > the field, grinning from ear to ear as

I waved to him from the > stands.> > In the bottom of the ninth inning, Shay's team scored again. Now, > with two outs and the bases loaded, the potential winning run was on > base and Shay was scheduled to be next at bat.> > At this juncture, do they let Shay bat and give away their chance to > win the game? > Surprisingly, Shay was given the bat. Everyone knew that a hit was > all but impossible because Shay didn't even know how to hold the bat > properly, much less connect with the ball. > > However, as Shay stepped up to the plate, the pitcher, recognizing > that the other team was putting winning aside for this moment in > Shay's life, moved in a few steps to lob the ball in softly so Shay > could at least make contact.> > The first pitch came and Shay swung clumsily and missed. The pitcher > again took a few steps

forward to toss the ball softly towards Shay. > As the pitch came in, Shay swung at the ball and hit a slow ground > ball right back to the pitcher. > > The game would now be over. The pitcher picked up the soft grounder > and could have easily thrown the ball to the first baseman. Shay > would have been out and that would have been the end of the game.> > Instead, the pitcher threw the ball right over the first baseman's > head, out of reach of all team mates. Everyone from the stands and > both teams started yelling, 'Shay, run to first! Run to first!'> > Never in his life had Shay ever run that far, but he made it to > first base. > He scampered down the baseline, wide-eyed and startled. Everyone > yelled, 'Run to second, run to second!' > > Catching his breath, Shay awkwardly ran towards second, gleaming and > struggling to

make it to the base. By the time Shay rounded toward > second base, the right fielder had the ball . the smallest guy on > their team who now had his first chance to be the hero for his team. > > He could have thrown the ball to the second-baseman for the tag, but > he understood the pitcher's intentions so he, too, intentionally > threw the ball high and far over the third-baseman' s head. Shay ran > toward third base deliriously as the runners ahead of him circled > the bases toward home. All were screaming, 'Shay, Shay, Shay, all > the Way Shay'> > Shay reached third base because the opposing shortstop ran to help > him by turning him in the direction of third base, and shouted, 'Run > to third! Shay, run to third!' > > As Shay rounded third, the boys from both teams, and the spectators, > were on their feet screaming, 'Shay, run home! Run

home!' Shay ran to > home, stepped on the plate, and was cheered as the hero who hit the > grand slam and won the game for his team. > > 'That day', said the father softly with tears now rolling down his > face, 'the boys from both teams helped bring a piece of true love > and humanity into this world'.> > Shay didn't make it to another summer. He died that winter, having > never forgotten being the hero and making me so happy, and coming > home and seeing his Mother tearfully embrace her little hero of the > day! > > AND NOW A LITTLE FOOT NOTE TO THIS STORY:> > We all send thousands of messages without a second thought, but when > it comes to sending messages about life choices, we hesitate. If > you're thinking about forwarding this message, chances are that > you're probably sorting out the people in your address book who

> aren't the 'appropriate' ones to receive this type of message Well, > the person who sent you this believes that we all can make a > difference. > > We all have thousands of opportunities every single day to help > realize the 'natural order of things' and recognize our True Divine > Nature. So many seemingly trivial interactions between two people > present us with a choice:> > Do we pass along a little spark of love and humanity or do we pass > up those opportunities and leave the world a little bit colder in > the process?> > A wise man once said every society is judged by how it treats it's > least fortunate amongst them.> > With love and regards to all,> > Ram Chandran> > > > > > >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> >

> > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com > Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.4/1752 - Release Date:28/10/2008 10.04>

For the best free wallpapers from MSN Click here!

Hi,

Thanks for that. I just wondered how many people in this group have actually found the divine?

James

From: born010405Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 15:23:24 +0000RE: Re: Fw: What happens when the True Divine Human Nature Reveals!

Hello james,

what do you mean by self indulgent?

I find that in the search for the divine,self indulgment

is one of the obstacles one has to get over with.

And the search for the divine is nothing more

than an ego cleaning,which means the ego is prepared to face divinity.

Through Satsang here you will propably get the help you need

to meet divinity without self indulgment.

However,best wishes in whatever you will do..

Sandoshan.

--- james cogdell <cogdelljames (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> schrieb am Fr, 31.10.2008:

Von: james cogdell <cogdelljames (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>Betreff: RE: Re: Fw: What happens when the True Divine Human Nature Reveals!An: Datum: Freitag, 31. Oktober 2008, 14:46

Hello Everyone,I am now giving up all this searching for the divine. It's all far too self indulgent.Good luck,James

richard@infinitepie .netFri, 31 Oct 2008 08:53:36 +0000 Re: Fw: What happens when the True Divine Human Nature Reveals!

Michael,thank you for posting this heartwarming story. There are dialogs aboutego on the forum. Here is a great example of acting without ego,acting from love instead of fear.Om Arunacalesvaraya Namah,Richard, "Michael Bindel"<michael.bindel@ ...> wrote:>> from a posting by ram chandran of the advaitin-list> > At a fundraising dinner for a school that serves children with > learning disabilities, the father of one of the students delivered a > speech that would never be forgotten by all who attended. After > extolling the school and its dedicated staff, he offered a > question: 'When not interfered with by outside influences, > everything nature does, is done with perfection. Yet my son, Shay, > cannot learn things as other children do. He cannot understand > things as other children do. Where is the natural order of things in > my son?'> > The audience was stilled by the query. The father continued. 'I > believe that when a child like Shay, who was mentally and physically > disabled comes into the world, an opportunity to realize true human > nature presents itself, and it comes in the way other people treat > that child.'> > Then he told the following story:> > Shay and I had walked past a park where some boys Shay knew were > playing baseball. Shay asked, 'Do you think they'll let me play?' I > knew that most of the boys would not want someone like Shay on their > team, but as a father I also understood that if my son were allowed > to play, it would give him a much-needed sense of belonging and some > confidence to be accepted by others in spite of his handicaps.> > I approached one of the boys on the field and asked (not expecting > much) if Shay could play. The boy looked around for guidance and > said, 'We're losing by six runs and the game is in the eighth inning. > I guess he can be on our team and we'll try to put him in to bat in > the ninth inning.' > > Shay struggled over to the team's bench and, with a broad smile, put > on a team shirt. I watched with a small tear in my eye and warmth in > my heart. The boys saw my joy at my son being accepted.> > In the bottom of the eighth inning, Shay's team scored a few runs > but was still behind by three. In the top of the ninth inning, Shay > put on a glove and played in the right field. Even though no hits > came his way, he was obviously ecstatic just to be in the game and on > the field, grinning from ear to ear as I waved to him from the > stands.> > In the bottom of the ninth inning, Shay's team scored again. Now, > with two outs and the bases loaded, the potential winning run was on > base and Shay was scheduled to be next at bat.> > At this juncture, do they let Shay bat and give away their chance to > win the game? > Surprisingly, Shay was given the bat. Everyone knew that a hit was > all but impossible because Shay didn't even know how to hold the bat > properly, much less connect with the ball. > > However, as Shay stepped up to the plate, the pitcher, recognizing > that the other team was putting winning aside for this moment in > Shay's life, moved in a few steps to lob the ball in softly so Shay > could at least make contact.> > The first pitch came and Shay swung clumsily and missed. The pitcher > again took a few steps forward to toss the ball softly towards Shay. > As the pitch came in, Shay swung at the ball and hit a slow ground > ball right back to the pitcher. > > The game would now be over. The pitcher picked up the soft grounder > and could have easily thrown the ball to the first baseman. Shay > would have been out and that would have been the end of the game.> > Instead, the pitcher threw the ball right over the first baseman's > head, out of reach of all team mates. Everyone from the stands and > both teams started yelling, 'Shay, run to first! Run to first!'> > Never in his life had Shay ever run that far, but he made it to > first base. > He scampered down the baseline, wide-eyed and startled. Everyone > yelled, 'Run to second, run to second!' > > Catching his breath, Shay awkwardly ran towards second, gleaming and > struggling to make it to the base. By the time Shay rounded toward > second base, the right fielder had the ball . the smallest guy on > their team who now had his first chance to be the hero for his team. > > He could have thrown the ball to the second-baseman for the tag, but > he understood the pitcher's intentions so he, too, intentionally > threw the ball high and far over the third-baseman' s head. Shay ran > toward third base deliriously as the runners ahead of him circled > the bases toward home. All were screaming, 'Shay, Shay, Shay, all > the Way Shay'> > Shay reached third base because the opposing shortstop ran to help > him by turning him in the direction of third base, and shouted, 'Run > to third! Shay, run to third!' > > As Shay rounded third, the boys from both teams, and the spectators, > were on their feet screaming, 'Shay, run home! Run home!' Shay ran to > home, stepped on the plate, and was cheered as the hero who hit the > grand slam and won the game for his team. > > 'That day', said the father softly with tears now rolling down his > face, 'the boys from both teams helped bring a piece of true love > and humanity into this world'.> > Shay didn't make it to another summer. He died that winter, having > never forgotten being the hero and making me so happy, and coming > home and seeing his Mother tearfully embrace her little hero of the > day! > > AND NOW A LITTLE FOOT NOTE TO THIS STORY:> > We all send thousands of messages without a second thought, but when > it comes to sending messages about life choices, we hesitate. If > you're thinking about forwarding this message, chances are that > you're probably sorting out the people in your address book who > aren't the 'appropriate' ones to receive this type of message Well, > the person who sent you this believes that we all can make a > difference. > > We all have thousands of opportunities every single day to help > realize the 'natural order of things' and recognize our True Divine > Nature. So many seemingly trivial interactions between two people > present us with a choice:> > Do we pass along a little spark of love and humanity or do we pass > up those opportunities and leave the world a little bit colder in > the process?> > A wise man once said every society is judged by how it treats it's > least fortunate amongst them.> > With love and regards to all,> > Ram Chandran> > > > > > >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> > > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com > Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.4/1752 - Release Date:28/10/2008 10.04>

For the best free wallpapers from MSN Click here! For the best free wallpapers from MSN Click here!

Hi Michael,

The point I am trying to make is that the Divine is just another aspect of Ego. I can't understand why it is being separated from Ego in this discussion. Everything that happens in our minds is everything that there is and it is all Ego. It is therefore up to us to change our minds. That is all we can do. And if clearing our minds is what is being called here 'searching for the Divine', then the search becomes a projection of Ego, a demand that needs to be satisfied, however much we attempt to pretty up our desperation for Moksha, liberation, deliverance, freedom, purity, the Divine, Sri Ramana, God, whatever name you give it. In these discussions, all I am hearing is a grasping after something which does not exist outside of ourselves and there is a singular lack of blunt honesty here.

Firstly, there is no Divine Reality outside of the everyday lives we lead. All we are trying to do is seek happiness; that is all. There is nothing 'other' at work here. Sri Ramana was not Divine; neither was Jesus Christ. Neither am I and neither are you. We can talk about The Divine and we can believe it; but by doing this, we are giving ourselves mere comfort in a projection and enveloping ourselves in a pleasing dream. This is, in fact, all we can do. There is nothing wrong with this, as long as we recognise it as such. We are searching for something that is already here and it is called 'waking up in the morning'; 'going to the toilet'; 'hating people'; 'loving people'; and finally we create a 'wholly other' (Levinas) that offers up to us and creates within us a longing for Deliverance from the difficulties of our mundane lives.

So in answer to your question, I am not searching for the Divine. Sri Ramana offered a resting place, that's all. I don't worship him. I didn't know him. Most of the books I have read have been written by devotees; not the best people for a balanced appraisal. And from what I have read, there are undertones, especially with the inclusion of his family in his mission, of nepotism. Becoming a renunciate, in the West as well as the East, has always been an economic as well as spiritual decision. And anyone who denies this is either unaware or unwilling to think for themselves.

With Love,

James

From: michael.bindelDate: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 20:23:43 +0100Re: Re: Fw: What happens when the True Divine Human Nature Reveals!

Dear James

why are you wondering?

What for do you want to "find the divine"

All the best

michael

Get the best wallpapers on the Web - FREE. Click here!

Dear James Cogdell

thank you for your OUTING

it seems as if your answer contains your actual BELIEFSYSTEM

Due to my own experiences in this life and being myself an highly critical "person" i accepted finally the truth:

Discussion are senseless, because they are just between Egos

but i wonder honestly how came that you joined our Sangha

Before joining you should have read the introduction.

Whatever way you choose for your actual life - commit yourself fullheartedly to it.

All ways lead to Rome - they say.

And all ways lead to SELF

all the best on your way

in deep respect for your opinion

in His Grace

michael bindel

P.S. Thank you for your opening. I did not want to start a discussion - as mentioned before. But give your soul "fodder".

-

james cogdell

Sunday, November 02, 2008 12:06 AM

RE: Re: Fw: What happens when the True Divine Human Nature Reveals!

Hi Michael,The point I am trying to make is that the Divine is just another aspect of Ego. I can't understand why it is being separated from Ego in this discussion. Everything that happens in our minds is everything that there is and it is all Ego. It is therefore up to us to change our minds. That is all we can do. And if clearing our minds is what is being called here 'searching for the Divine', then the search becomes a projection of Ego, a demand that needs to be satisfied, however much we attempt to pretty up our desperation for Moksha, liberation, deliverance, freedom, purity, the Divine, Sri Ramana, God, whatever name you give it. In these discussions, all I am hearing is a grasping after something which does not exist outside of ourselves and there is a singular lack of blunt honesty here. Firstly, there is no Divine Reality outside of the everyday lives we lead. All we are trying to do is seek happiness; that is all. There is nothing 'other' at work here. Sri Ramana was not Divine; neither was Jesus Christ. Neither am I and neither are you. We can talk about The Divine and we can believe it; but by doing this, we are giving ourselves mere comfort in a projection and enveloping ourselves in a pleasing dream. This is, in fact, all we can do. There is nothing wrong with this, as long as we recognise it as such. We are searching for something that is already here and it is called 'waking up in the morning'; 'going to the toilet'; 'hating people'; 'loving people'; and finally we create a 'wholly other' (Levinas) that offers up to us and creates within us a longing for Deliverance from the difficulties of our mundane lives. So in answer to your question, I am not searching for the Divine. Sri Ramana offered a resting place, that's all. I don't worship him. I didn't know him. Most of the books I have read have been written by devotees; not the best people for a balanced appraisal. And from what I have read, there are undertones, especially with the inclusion of his family in his mission, of nepotism. Becoming a renunciate, in the West as well as the East, has always been an economic as well as spiritual decision. And anyone who denies this is either unaware or unwilling to think for themselves. With Love,James

From: michael.bindel (AT) t-online (DOT) huDate: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 20:23:43 +0100Re: Re: Fw: What happens when the True Divine Human Nature Reveals!

Dear James

why are you wondering?

What for do you want to "find the divine"

All the best

michael

Get the best wallpapers on the Web - FREE. Click here!

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.5/1760 - Release 01/11/2008 9.36

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Jill

right you are! My dear wife told me the same.

But nevertheless - a good story should be known.

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

Internal Virus Database is out of date.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.5/1758 - Release 31/10/2008 8.22