IndiaDivine.org

[Poetry Chaikhana] Bawa Muhaiyaddeen - There is One God.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Another great poem from Ivan.--- On Tue, 16/12/08, Poetry Chaikhana <ivan wrote:

Poetry Chaikhana <ivan[Poetry Chaikhana] Bawa Muhaiyaddeen - There is One God.alanadamsjacobsDate: Tuesday, 16 December, 2008, 12:09 AM

Here's your Daily Poem from the Poetry Chaikhana --

There is One God.

By Bawa Muhaiyaddeen(1900? - 1986)

There is One God. He created all beings,And He exists beyond the beyond of religions, Beyond the separations of race, Religion, and philosophies. He is beyond mind, desire, and physical vision He is beyond the world, lust, torpor, and illusion. God resides in that spotlessly pure place known as the heart And sees and knows everything. He sees each and every heart and mind and understands all things.

/ Photo by hakki kotek /

============

Thought for the Day:

Faith is being in your feetas well as your head.Faith is being-- present.

============

Here's your Daily Music selection --

Gypsies of Rajasthan

Desert Charm

Listen - Purchase

More Music Selections

Hi Alan -Were you wondering where the poem email was? We had problems with the Poetry Chaikhana web servers that just got resolved a few moments ago. We're back up! (One more thing your donations help to support -- a tenacious team at our Internet Service Provider's office.)So, some poetry for you...--God resides in that spotlessly pure place known as the heart...Don't you just love the photograph of Bawa Muhaiyaddeen? There is something so serene in his eyes -- gentle, clear-seeing, intelligent -- yet also unsettlingly otherworldly, almost alien. Gazing at his picture, I almost feel I am witnessing a pure-hearted, wise extraterrestrial. :-)--Bawa Muhaiyaddeen was a Sufi Muslim saint from the island of Sri Lanka (Ceylon) at the southern tip of the Indian subcontinent. He gained a reputation early on as a holy man, and many people from

all faiths on the island would come to receive his teachings.In the early 1970s, he came to the United States and settled in Philadelphia. There, he continued to teach a universal understanding of all religions. In the aftermath of the Iranian Revolution when the US hostage crisis arose in 1980, Time magazine interviewed him to gain a Muslim perspective on the situation. He was later interviewed in Psychology Today and several newspapers, sharing a wisdom and sense of unity that transcended religious sectarianism.Bawa Muhaiyaddeen wrote extensively on spiritual practices and religious harmony. He also wrote some poetry...And He exists beyond the beyond of religions, Beyond the separations of race, Religion, and philosophies.IvanPoetry Chaikhana Website Back UpI'm sorry the email was so late today. I received several emails this morning from people trying to access the

Poetry Chaikhana Forum and other pages of the website letting me know that it was down. Apparently the web servers went down sometime in the middle of the night. Probably somehow related to the cold: Here in Colorado we had temperatures that dropped below zero degrees Farenheit (brrr!), and I guess some of the computers were still dreaming of warm summer days. I've been working with my Internet Service Provider, and things are finally back up...

Support the Poetry Chaikhana

Donations to the Poetry Chaikhana in any amount are always welcome. Thank you!

Click here

You can also support the Poetry Chaikhana, as well as the authors and publishers of sacred poetry, by purchasing some of the recommended books through the links on this site. Thank you!

Click here

A small amount each month makes a big difference. Become a voluntary Subscriber for just $2/mo.

Click here

Help the Poetry Chaikhana reach more people. Become a Supporter for just $10/mo.

Poetry Chaikhana HomeNew | Books | Music | Teahouse | About | ContactPoets by: Name| Tradition | Timeline Poetry by: Theme | CommentaryBlog | Forum | Video Channel

www.Poetry-Chaikhana.com

Poetry ChaikhanaP.O. Box 2320Boulder, CO 80306

Ivan M. Granger's original poetry, stories and commentaries are Copyright © 2002 - 2008 by Ivan M. Granger.All other material is copyrighted by the respective authors, translators and/or publishers.

============

Plain Text: If you have any difficulty reading this HTML formatted email, please let me know and I can send you plain text emails instead. Cancelling: If you wish to stop receiving this Daily Poem email from the Poetry Chaikhana, simply reply to this email and change the Subject to "Cancel".