" When I was three or four years old a memorable incident happened. I

was a very healthy child, plump and chubby. Particularly, I was the

favourite of the kitchen assistants, mostly elderly women. I was

pampered, obviously. I used to be fascinated with the serving of

food at the dining hall, particularly, how Bhagavan used to nod His

head to sign that everyone could start eating, after everything had

been served.

One day I felt strongly that I should also serve food to Bhagavan

and others. I was very short (my father had nicknamed me 'Shortie')

and the serving vessels are all very big. When I was told I could

not serve, I cried and adamantly insisted that I should be allowed

to serve. The lady-cooks, other immates and those who were inside

kitchen tried their level best to provide alternative attractions

and distractions, but to no avail. I was creating a lot of noise and

hubbub, a real commotion!

Bhagavan noticed it and enquired what the matter was. When told He

immediatly found a solution to the problem. No mother, no child-

expert could have solved it so well! He told the kitchen

assistent: 'Give him a very small cup full of salt and a tiny spoon.

Let him put a little salt on each leaf.'

I was given a cup and all my crying vanished. I went straight to

Bhagavan. He taught me how much salt to take from the cup whith the

spoon, and where on the leaf it should be put and how.

I put it into action immediately by placing that much of salt on the

leaf of Sri Bhagavan Himself. The usual practice was that Bhagavan

should be served last. Bhagavan gave a pleasant smile of approval

and directed me towards the others. I was so happy that I completed

my 'pleasant' job very quickly and I walked back to the kitchen

trimphantly! "

Dear Gavriele,

Thanks for posting this. It is good to know more about Sri V.Ganesan who kindly sends us his 'Spiritual Sharings' from time to time.

Love and best wishes,

Alan --- On Tue, 6/1/09, Gabriele Ebert <g.ebert wrote:

Gabriele Ebert <g.ebert Child Ganesan Date: Tuesday, 6 January, 2009, 10:02 AM

This is a lovely story about little Ganesan, Sri Ramanas grandnephew. Ganesan told it himself in Moments Remembered, p. 60:"When I was three or four years old a memorable incident happened. Iwas a very healthy child, plump and chubby. Particularly, I was thefavourite of the kitchen assistants, mostly elderly women. I waspampered, obviously. I used to be fascinated with the serving offood at the dining hall, particularly, how Bhagavan used to nod Hishead to sign that everyone could start eating, after everything hadbeen served.One day I felt strongly that I should also serve food to Bhagavanand others. I was very short (my father had nicknamed me 'Shortie')and the serving vessels are all very big. When I was told I couldnot serve, I cried and adamantly insisted that I should be allowedto serve. The lady-cooks, other immates and those who were insidekitchen tried their level best to

provide alternative attractionsand distractions, but to no avail. I was creating a lot of noise andhubbub, a real commotion!Bhagavan noticed it and enquired what the matter was. When told Heimmediatly found a solution to the problem. No mother, no child-expert could have solved it so well! He told the kitchenassistent: 'Give him a very small cup full of salt and a tiny spoon.Let him put a little salt on each leaf.'I was given a cup and all my crying vanished. I went straight toBhagavan. He taught me how much salt to take from the cup whith thespoon, and where on the leaf it should be put and how.I put it into action immediately by placing that much of salt on theleaf of Sri Bhagavan Himself. The usual practice was that Bhagavanshould be served last. Bhagavan gave a pleasant smile of approvaland directed me towards the others. I was so happy that I completedmy 'pleasant' job very quickly and

I walked back to the kitchentrimphantly! "

Dear Gabriele and Alan thank you for all the great thinks

you are posting.

--------------------

Dear Alan,

one's again thanks for helping for the taxi arrangement,

jai has written that he will arrange a taxi for me..

Warm regards

af

--------------------

Dear all,

my apologies for not being able to respond appropriate to

your valuable postings.

Unfortunately is my written english not good enough.

Nevertheless am grateful to be here with you all..

Yours in Baghavan,

af--- Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs schrieb am Di, 6.1.2009:

Von: Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobsBetreff: Re: Child GanesanAn: Datum: Dienstag, 6. Januar 2009, 11:17

Dear Gavriele,

Thanks for posting this. It is good to know more about Sri V.Ganesan who kindly sends us his 'Spiritual Sharings' from time to time.

Love and best wishes,

Alan --- On Tue, 6/1/09, Gabriele Ebert <g.ebert (AT) gmx (DOT) de> wrote:

Gabriele Ebert <g.ebert (AT) gmx (DOT) de> Child GanesanTuesday, 6 January, 2009, 10:02 AM

This is a lovely story about little Ganesan, Sri Ramanas grandnephew. Ganesan told it himself in Moments Remembered, p. 60:"When I was three or four years old a memorable incident happened. Iwas a very healthy child, plump and chubby. Particularly, I was thefavourite of the kitchen assistants, mostly elderly women. I waspampered, obviously. I used to be fascinated with the serving offood at the dining hall, particularly, how Bhagavan used to nod Hishead to sign that everyone could start eating, after everything hadbeen served.One day I felt strongly that I should also serve food to Bhagavanand others. I was very short (my father had nicknamed me 'Shortie')and the serving vessels are all very big. When I was told I couldnot serve, I cried and adamantly insisted that I should be allowedto serve. The lady-cooks, other immates and those who were insidekitchen tried their level best to

provide alternative attractionsand distractions, but to no avail. I was creating a lot of noise andhubbub, a real commotion!Bhagavan noticed it and enquired what the matter was. When told Heimmediatly found a solution to the problem. No mother, no child-expert could have solved it so well! He told the kitchenassistent: 'Give him a very small cup full of salt and a tiny spoon.Let him put a little salt on each leaf.'I was given a cup and all my crying vanished. I went straight toBhagavan. He taught me how much salt to take from the cup whith thespoon, and where on the leaf it should be put and how.I put it into action immediately by placing that much of salt on theleaf of Sri Bhagavan Himself. The usual practice was that Bhagavanshould be served last. Bhagavan gave a pleasant smile of approvaland directed me towards the others. I was so happy that I completedmy 'pleasant' job very quickly and

Dear Andreas,

I am glad Jai has responded. Please remember me to him if and when you meet.

Have a great trip!

Warmest regards,

Alan--- On Tue, 6/1/09, andreas farsatis <born010405 wrote:

andreas farsatis <born010405Re: Child Ganesan Date: Tuesday, 6 January, 2009, 1:31 PM

Dear Gabriele and Alan thank you for all the great thinks

you are posting.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

Dear Alan,

one's again thanks for helping for the taxi arrangement,

jai has written that he will arrange a taxi for me..

Warm regards

af

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

Dear all,

my apologies for not being able to respond appropriate to

your valuable postings.

Unfortunately is my written english not good enough.

Nevertheless am grateful to be here with you all..

Yours in Baghavan,

af--- Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk> schrieb am Di, 6.1.2009:

Von: Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk>Betreff: Re: Child GanesanAn: Datum: Dienstag, 6. Januar 2009, 11:17

Dear Gavriele,

Love and best wishes,

Alan --- On Tue, 6/1/09, Gabriele Ebert <g.ebert (AT) gmx (DOT) de> wrote:

Gabriele Ebert <g.ebert (AT) gmx (DOT) de> Child GanesanTuesday, 6 January, 2009, 10:02 AM