“To be with out wants†said one great Sage,

Excels the powers of Kings, in any age.

So I prostrate to God and pray each day,

Please free me of wants in every way.

Alan

Very Nice.

VMK--- On Fri, 1/9/09, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs Poem Date: Friday, January 9, 2009, 12:31 PM

FIRST AND LAST FREEDOMHow earnestly I yearn and aspireTo renounce the pin pricks of desire.Constant craving for fun and pleasureExceeds the bounds of prudent measure.“To be with out wants” said one great Sage,Excels the powers of Kings, in any age.So I prostrate to God and pray each day,Please free me of wants in every way.Alan

Hello Alan and Jb

To speak of free will in relation to shadows and phantoms is rather strange.

To understand the underlying mechanism of thought, is to go deep in the shadows and darkness.

But to do as the Zen Master Rinzi said: "Just rid your mind off the principle from which action springs" is the answer to man's dillema.

Surrender your will is another way of expressing what Rinzi says.

How earnestly I yearn and aspireTo renounce the pin pricks of desire

as freind Alan Jacobs says is through what Rinzi says.

mourad , "jb" <kvy9 wrote:>> > Tim Harris harris [...]> > Freewill = choice> >> > so 'why' have you already made your choice?> >> > THINK!> >> > By the time you 'think' about it,> >> > you have already made the choice!> >> > No free will.> >> > 100% outcome everytime.> > Of course! Who is aware of "underlying" thought-patterns, having their base> in elementary cravings and habit-mind? These thought-patterns are triggered> by a single stimulus / reminder and are working "below" the level of the> well known mind chatter. One becomes aware of the resultant of these> patterns as wish/will/desire etc.> >> > It is, as it is, because it could be no other way.> >> > What ever 'it' is, I wonder if it 'knows' it?> >> > If it does, no free will.> >> > If it does not, no free will.> > When mind is freed from monkey-chatter, it is possible to become aware of> the other levels of thought. When their power is broken, one could speak of> "free will", but as at the same time there remains nothing to will anymore,> again "free will" is like the horns of a hare :)> >> > And yet isn't it funny that we 'know' right from wrong?> > It is even funnier that what is "right" at one occasion, is "wrong" at> another...> >> > That seems like the 'only' choice that we have been given.> > Fortunately, for some there is the choice of having no choice (unconditional> surrender).> >> > Kindness... give it a try...> > Why not try Ahimsa?> >> > if you have 'eyes' you will see its addictive quality.> > Yes, civilization starts with it and without it, will perish.> > > Regards.> >> > Tim Harris>

Dear friend Mourad

what a inner joy to read your email

knowing you "somehow" i know that this message reflects your inner knowledge

in LOVE

michael

-

mourad

Friday, January 09, 2009 3:45 PM

Re: Poem

Hello Alan and Jb

To speak of free will in relation to shadows and phantoms is rather strange.

To understand the underlying mechanism of thought, is to go deep in the shadows and darkness.

But to do as the Zen Master Rinzi said: "Just rid your mind off the principle from which action springs" is the answer to man's dillema.

Surrender your will is another way of expressing what Rinzi says.

How earnestly I yearn and aspireTo renounce the pin pricks of desire

as freind Alan Jacobs says is through what Rinzi says.

mourad , "jb" <kvy9 wrote:>> > Tim Harris harris [...]> > Freewill = choice> >> > so 'why' have you already made your choice?> >> > THINK!> >> > By the time you 'think' about it,> >> > you have already made the choice!> >> > No free will.> >> > 100% outcome everytime.> > Of course! Who is aware of "underlying" thought-patterns, having their base> in elementary cravings and habit-mind? These thought-patterns are triggered> by a single stimulus / reminder and are working "below" the level of the> well known mind chatter. One becomes aware of the resultant of these> patte rns as wish/will/desire etc.> >> > It is, as it is, because it could be no other way.> >> > What ever 'it' is, I wonder if it 'knows' it?> >> > If it does, no free will.> >> > If it does not, no free will.> > When mind is freed from monkey-chatter, it is possible to become aware of> the other levels of thought. When their power is broken, one could speak of> "free will", but as at the same time there remains nothing to will anymore,> again "free will" is like the horns of a hare :)> >> > And yet isn't it funny that we 'know' right from wrong?> > It is even funnier that what is "right" at one occasion, is "wrong" at> another...> >> > That seems like the 'only' choice that we have been given.> > Fortunately, for some there is the choice of having no choice (unconditional> surrender). > >> > Kindness... give it a try...> > Why not try Ahimsa?> >> > if you have 'eyes' you will see its addictive quality.> > Yes, civilization starts with it and without it, will perish.> > > Regards.> >> > Tim Harris>

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.5/1883 - Release 08/01/2009 18.05

:-)

arto

, Alan Jacobs

<alanadamsjacobs wrote:

>

> FIRST AND LAST FREEDOM

>

> How earnestly I yearn and aspire

> To renounce the pin pricks of desire.

> Constant craving for fun and pleasure

> Exceeds the bounds of prudent measure.

>

> “To be with out wants†said one great Sage,

> Excels the powers of Kings, in any age.

> So I prostrate to God and pray each day,

> Please free me of wants in every way.

>

> Alan

>