THE BITCH GODDESS

We endure a painful human birth,

For a hard pilgrimage on planet Earth.

Proud ambition lights a petty flame,

But fate soon scythes infamous fame.

Better to Self Enquire and Surrender,

The only service that we can render.

Alan

Very funny Alan, re, Bitch Goddess, why not The Bastard God? It is a great poem though. I think the service we can render if we can achieve surrender, detachment from this world and work through the emotions, is to be a channel for God's love into the world. I know the qui energy in my heart has an impact on the people around me, but I prefer hanging out with my animals. People sometimes have a negative impact on me. Music like from artists, Arkenstone, 2002, Liquid Mind, Aeoliah, Hoppe, Mike Rowland, William Joseph, just to name a few, has been very healing for me. I listen to music almost all of the time and it does make a big difference. Watching my young swans over the past week practice take offs from the pond. The wind is strong from the north today and one finally flew high and went over their protective fence. She must have felt elated going so high, then thought oops and came down fast. Thanks for the poem. k

-

Alan Jacobs

Monday, January 12, 2009 9:04 PM

Morning Poem

THE BITCH GODDESSWe endure a painful human birth,For a hard pilgrimage on planet Earth.Proud ambition lights a petty flame,But fate soon scythes infamous fame.Better to Self Enquire and Surrender,The only service that we can render.Alan

Dear Karla,

Thank you. You are right about surrender, in my oppinion.

Yes in the interests of equality, and to avoid discrimination between the sexes lets call Fame the Bastard God. An improvement on the Bitch Goddess used by Henry Miller and Lawrence Durrel. Of course Lord Shiva in His higher aspect was androgynous, so there's no problem there, and we have the Divine Mother too. Yes, music and animals are very therapeutic. Listening to good music is a benign vasana, and Ramana loved animals as we well know.

All best wishes and warm regards,

Alan--- On Tue, 13/1/09, karla <docdanes wrote:

karla <docdanesRe: Morning Poem Date: Tuesday, 13 January, 2009, 3:52 PM

Very funny Alan, re, Bitch Goddess, why not The Bastard God? It is a great poem though. I think the service we can render if we can achieve surrender, detachment from this world and work through the emotions, is to be a channel for God's love into the world. I know the qui energy in my heart has an impact on the people around me, but I prefer hanging out with my animals. People sometimes have a negative impact on me. Music like from artists, Arkenstone, 2002, Liquid Mind, Aeoliah, Hoppe, Mike Rowland, William Joseph, just to name a few, has been very healing for me. I listen to music almost all of the time and it does make a big difference. Watching my young swans over the past week practice take offs from the pond. The wind is strong from the north today and one finally flew high and went over their protective fence. She must have felt elated going so high, then

thought oops and came down fast. Thanks for the poem. k

-

Alan Jacobs

Morning Poem

THE BITCH GODDESSWe endure a painful human birth,For a hard pilgrimage on planet Earth.Proud ambition lights a petty flame,But fate soon scythes infamous fame.Better to Self Enquire and Surrender,The only service that we can render.Alan

Karla, where do you live that you have swans taking off from your pond? I saw some on the river the other day; my dogs wanted to hunt them but the poor hungry swans thought the dogs might offer food, and shyly approached them on the banks. I have been enjoying your thoughtful and sensitive posts. I think being with the animals and in nature is healing, after being open to and fielding the feelings of others. I also feel the need for lots of time in silence, with the animals, in the woods and near the water. JillOn Jan 13, 2009, at 10:52 AM, karla wrote:Very funny Alan, re, Bitch Goddess, why not The Bastard God? It is a great poem though. I think the service we can render if we can achieve surrender, detachment from this world and work through the emotions, is to be a channel for God's love into the world. I know the qui energy in my heart has an impact on the people around me, but I prefer hanging out with my animals. People sometimes have a negative impact on me. Music like from artists, Arkenstone, 2002, Liquid Mind, Aeoliah, Hoppe, Mike Rowland, William Joseph, just to name a few, has been very healing for me. I listen to music almost all of the time and it does make a big difference. Watching my young swans over the past week practice take offs from the pond. The wind is strong from the north today and one finally flew high and went over their protective fence. She must have felt elated going so high, then thought oops and came down fast. Thanks for the poem. k-Alan Jacobs Monday, January 12, 2009 9:04 PM Morning PoemTHE BITCH GODDESSWe endure a painful human birth,For a hard pilgrimage on planet Earth.Proud ambition lights a petty flame,But fate soon scythes infamous fame.Better to Self Enquire and Surrender,The only service that we can render.Alan

Jill, I actually live in Texas, and the swans are not native to this area, but I love them so much I have purchased some. The pond I dug myself with my dozer, is only about 40 feet off my patio. So, I have a "birds eye view" of their activity. It has an island for them to nest on. Last spring we had 3 cygnets that are learning to fly now. After today when there is a strong north wind, I will be I keeping part of the fence open during the day so they can get back into their yard at night, because we have coyotes and a bob cat around this area. I have 8 Great Danes who know the swans are off limits. I think they tend to keep the coyotes at bay even though they are confined to my yard except on our runs in the pastures. It was fun to watch the swan this morning. The wind must have just caught her wings just right, because she went way up fast. Her long neck was stretched down as she cleared the fence almost like she was wishing she could reconnect with the earth, frightened of her newly claimed power and ability. Her first flight, how I envy her.

I love animals and nature. Music is great too. Love and Light. k

-

Jill Eggers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 7:02 PM

Re: Morning Poem

Karla, where do you live that you have swans taking off from your pond? I saw some on the river the other day; my dogs wanted to hunt them but the poor hungry swans thought the dogs might offer food, and shyly approached them on the banks.

I have been enjoying your thoughtful and sensitive posts. I think being with the animals and in nature is healing, after being open to and fielding the feelings of others. I also feel the need for lots of time in silence, with the animals, in the woods and near the water.

Jill

On Jan 13, 2009, at 10:52 AM, karla wrote:

Very funny Alan, re, Bitch Goddess, why not The Bastard God? It is a great poem though. I think the service we can render if we can achieve surrender, detachment from this world and work through the emotions, is to be a channel for God's love into the world. I know the qui energy in my heart has an impact on the people around me, but I prefer hanging out with my animals. People sometimes have a negative impact on me. Music like from artists, Arkenstone, 2002, Liquid Mind, Aeoliah, Hoppe, Mike Rowland, William Joseph, just to name a few, has been very healing for me. I listen to music almost all of the time and it does make a big difference. Watching my young swans over the past week practice take offs from the pond. The wind is strong from the north today and one finally flew high and went over their protective fence. She must have felt elated going so high, then thought oops and came down fast. Thanks for the poem. k

-

Alan Jacobs

Morning Poem