IndiaDivine.org

From Padamalai by Muruganar

Rate this topic

Guest guest

From Padamalai P.26 V 18

From Bhagavan's Promises and Declarations

GIVE ME YOUR BURDENS

Abandon the drama of the world and seek the Self within. Remaining within, I

will protect you, ensuring that no harm befalls you.

-oOo-

*Note:

Murunagar wrote a great Poem called 'Padamalai', (Feet of the Guru) from which

this verse is an extract. It contains Bhagavan's Utterances, which the great

Tamil Poet recorded for the more mature seeker it is translated by Robert Butler

the Tamil scholar, who I am pleased to tell you has now joined this site. We

look forward to, and welcome, his participation.

This book is Published by Ramanasramam.

, Alan Jacobs

<alanadamsjacobs wrote:

>

>

> From Padamalai P.26 V 18

>

> From Bhagavan's Promises and Declarations

>

> GIVE ME YOUR BURDENS

>

> Abandon the drama of the world and seek the Self within. Remaining

within, I will protect you, ensuring that no harm befalls you.

>

> -oOo-

>

> *Note:

>

> Murunagar wrote a great Poem called 'Padamalai', (Feet of the Guru)

from which this verse is an extract. It contains Bhagavan's

Utterances, which the great Tamil Poet recorded for the more mature

seeker it is translated by Robert Butler the Tamil scholar, who I am

pleased to tell you has now joined this site. We look forward to, and

welcome, his participation.

>

> This book is Published by Ramanasramam.

>

Namaste,

If one is a true devotee of Ramana's teachings then one cannot call

oneself a devotee at all as that is dualistic. Ramana taught there

levels of creation...1. Somebody a 'God' created it all.2 It rises

with our perception of it and 3. Ajativada-----it never happened at

all. Ramana said 3 is the truth but that most could't grasp

that...Tony

Dear Tony,

I love your postings but you tend always to take an absolute standpoint . The term Devotee has been used consistently right through The Guru-Pupil relationship, with Bhagavan's consent. It means we are devoted to the Guru and his Teaching. In the Bhakti-Marg one can use Dualistic terms.

Love,

Alan --- On Thu, 15/1/09, Tony OClery <aoclery wrote:

Tony OClery <aoclery Re: From Padamalai by Muruganar Date: Thursday, 15 January, 2009, 7:58 PM

, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:>> > From Padamalai P.26 V 18> > From Bhagavan's Promises and Declarations> > GIVE ME YOUR BURDENS> > Abandon the drama of the world and seek the Self within. Remaining within, I will protect you, ensuring that no harm befalls you.> > -oOo-> > *Note:> > Murunagar wrote a great Poem called 'Padamalai', (Feet of the Guru) from which this verse is an extract. It contains Bhagavan's Utterances, which the great Tamil Poet recorded for the more mature seeker it is translated by Robert Butler the Tamil scholar, who I am pleased to tell you has now joined this site. We look forward to, and welcome, his participation.> > This book is Published by

Ramanasramam.>Namaste,If one is a true devotee of Ramana's teachings then one cannot call oneself a devotee at all as that is dualistic. Ramana taught there levels of creation...1. Somebody a 'God' created it all.2 It rises with our perception of it and 3. Ajativada--- --it never happened at all. Ramana said 3 is the truth but that most could't grasp that...Tony

Dear Alan,

I fully agree with your perception about Tony's tending to

take an absolute standpoint, occasionally some of us hier

also tend to do this..

Allow me please to express my gratitude for your exemplary

service to everyone and to everything hier.

I guess that true devotion like yours can hardly be grasped

by the relative mind.

Sandosham,

af

--- Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs schrieb am Do, 15.1.2009:

Von: Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobsBetreff: Re: Re: From Padamalai by MuruganarAn: Datum: Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2009, 23:02

Dear Tony,

I love your postings but you tend always to take an absolute standpoint . The term Devotee has been used consistently right through The Guru-Pupil relationship, with Bhagavan's consent. It means we are devoted to the Guru and his Teaching. In the Bhakti-Marg one can use Dualistic terms.

Love,

Alan --- On Thu, 15/1/09, Tony OClery <aoclery > wrote:

Tony OClery <aoclery > Re: From Padamalai by MuruganarThursday, 15 January, 2009, 7:58 PM

, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:>> > From Padamalai P.26 V 18> > From Bhagavan's Promises and Declarations> > GIVE ME YOUR BURDENS> > Abandon the drama of the world and seek the Self within. Remaining within, I will protect you, ensuring that no harm befalls you.> > -oOo-> > *Note:> > Murunagar wrote a great Poem called 'Padamalai', (Feet of the Guru) from which this verse is an extract. It contains Bhagavan's Utterances, which the great Tamil Poet recorded for the more mature seeker it is translated by Robert Butler the Tamil scholar, who I am pleased to tell you has now joined this site. We look forward to, and welcome, his participation.> > This book is Published by

Ramanasramam.>Namaste,If one is a true devotee of Ramana's teachings then one cannot call oneself a devotee at all as that is dualistic. Ramana taught there levels of creation...1. Somebody a 'God' created it all.2 It rises with our perception of it and 3. Ajativada--- --it never happened at all. Ramana said 3 is the truth but that most could't grasp that...Tony

Dear Sandosham,

Thank you for your letter. This whole Satsangh is blessed by the grace of Ramana - and in his eyes we are all equal as the Self. The only problem is we don't realise it- because the vasanas obscure the effulgence hence our need for our Self Enquiry and Surrender.

We are all his Devotees.

Warm regards and all best wishes,

Yours in Bhagavan,,

Alan --- On Fri, 16/1/09, andreas farsatis <born010405 wrote:

andreas farsatis <born010405Re: Re: From Padamalai by Muruganar Date: Friday, 16 January, 2009, 2:46 PM

Dear Alan,

I fully agree with your perception about Tony's tending to

take an absolute standpoint, occasionally some of us hier

also tend to do this..

Allow me please to express my gratitude for your exemplary

service to everyone and to everything hier.

I guess that true devotion like yours can hardly be grasped

by the relative mind.

Sandosham,

af

--- Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk> schrieb am Do, 15.1.2009:

Von: Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk>Betreff: Re: Re: From Padamalai by MuruganarAn: Datum: Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2009, 23:02

Dear Tony,

Love,

Alan --- On Thu, 15/1/09, Tony OClery <aoclery > wrote:

Tony OClery <aoclery > Re: From Padamalai by MuruganarThursday, 15 January, 2009, 7:58 PM

, Alan Jacobs

<alanadamsjacobs wrote:

>

> Dear Tony,

>  

> I love your postings but you tend always to take an absolute

standpoint . The term Devotee has been used consistently right

through The Guru-Pupil relationship, with Bhagavan's consent. It

means we are devoted to the Guru and his Teaching. In the Bhakti-Marg

one can use Dualistic terms.

>  

> Love,

>  

> Alan

>

> --- On Thu, 15/1/09, Tony OClery <aoclery wrote:

>

> Tony OClery <aoclery

> Re: From Padamalai by

Muruganar

>

> Thursday, 15 January, 2009, 7:58 PM

, Alan Jacobs

> <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:

> >

> >

> > From Padamalai P.26 V 18

> >

> > From Bhagavan's Promises and Declarations

> >

> > GIVE ME YOUR BURDENS

> >

> > Abandon the drama of the world and seek the Self within.

Remaining

> within, I will protect you, ensuring that no harm befalls you.

> >

> > -oOo-

> >

> > *Note:

> >

> > Murunagar wrote a great Poem called 'Padamalai', (Feet of the

Guru)

> from which this verse is an extract. It contains Bhagavan's

> Utterances, which the great Tamil Poet recorded for the more mature

> seeker it is translated by Robert Butler the Tamil scholar, who I

am

> pleased to tell you has now joined this site. We look forward to,

and

> welcome, his participation.

> >

> > This book is Published by Ramanasramam.

> >

> Namaste,

>

> If one is a true devotee of Ramana's teachings then one cannot call

> oneself a devotee at all as that is dualistic. Ramana taught there

> levels of creation...1. Somebody a 'God' created it all.2 It rises

> with our perception of it and 3. Ajativada--- --it never happened

at

> all. Ramana said 3 is the truth but that most could't grasp

> that...>

Namaste,

Ramana said a lot of different things to different mindsets. One

should never interpret Ramana's silence, tolerance or anything else

for as verification of one's personal viewpoint. Ramana's words are

absolutely clear as to what the thought and what he tolerated...Chees

Tony

Namaste,>> If one is a true devotee of Ramana's teachings then one cannot call> oneself a devotee at all as that is dualistic. Ramana taught there> levels of creation...1. Somebody a 'God' created it all.2 It rises> with our perception of it and 3. Ajativada--- --it never happenedat > all. Ramana said 3 is the truth but that most could't grasp> that...Tony>Namaste,Ramana said a lot of different things to different mindsets. Oneshould never interpret Ramana's silence, tolerance or anything elsefor as verification of one's personal viewpoint. Ramana's words areabsolutely clear as to what the thought and what he tolerated...CheesTony--

Namaste dear Tony,

and Hari OM, too:-)

I wonder what Ramana was thinking when he looked at the pitcure in this story...

From my childhood on, from about the age of eight, I had been in love withKrishna. I knew about Krishna bhaktas and how they behaved, but I had never heard of saints who just sat quietly. In the Punjab people showed heir devotion by singing bhajans. With this background I didn't appreciate what I saw when I first encountered the Maharshi. One day though, all this changed. The Maharshi himself appeared before me in Madras and said, 'Krishna bhakti alone is true. Krishna bhakti alone is true.' By this time I knew that he never left Tiruvannamalai for any reason, so I had to assume that it was some kind of vision. I went back to Tiruvannamalai to get confirmation of this manifestation. I wanted to ask him if he really had appeared to me and said these things about Krishna bhakti. I had had some disagreement with him on my first visit and this disagreement had somehow stuck in my mind. If someone always agrees with you, you don't think much about him. But if you have had a quarrel with someone, that person and the quarrel you have had are always surfacing in your mind. That was what was happening to me in Madras. Thoughts of the Maharshi would often come to me because I didn't agree with his views on God. I went back to Ramanasramam and asked the Maharshi, 'Are you the person who appeared to me in Madras and told me, 'Krishna bhakti alone is true?' ' He heard my question but he didn't give me a reply. While I was waiting for an answer, a group of devotees came from Vrindavan. They were on a tour of pilgrimage places in the South. On their visit to Tirupati they had heard that there was a swami in Tiruvannamalai who was worth visiting. So, they all came along to have darshan. The leader of the group presented the Maharshi with a picture of Krishna playing the flute for Radha. It was a beautiful picture.

As the Maharshi was looking at the picture, tears started trickling down his cheeks. When you have intense devotion for Krishna, you can easily pick out other devotees who have that same passion. I could see that these were real tears of devotion and that they came from the heart and not from the mind. As I watched the tears trickling down his cheeks, I felt them trickling into my own Heart. It was a divine shower that filled my own Heart with love. He was so happy looking at that picture, and I felt so happy looking at him appreciate it. I thought to myself, 'This man has been hiding his devotion from me. He doesn't like to show it publicly, but now I have found out his secret. He is just as much a bhakta as I am.'

A bird cannot fly without two wings.

After this revelation I saw that the Maharshi was soaring on the twin wings of bhakti and jnana (devotion and transcendental knowledge).

http://www.omshaantih.com/Ramana/Stories/Papaji/Two_wings.htm

Dear Joyce,

I recall reading somewhere in the Ramana Literature that Bhagavan

said that 'Bhakti was the mother of Jnana'. I cannot give the exact

reference, but perhaps someone else can.

All regards,

Alan

, " Joyce " <shaantih wrote:

>

> Namaste,

> >

> > If one is a true devotee of Ramana's teachings then one cannot

call

> > oneself a devotee at all as that is dualistic. Ramana taught there

> > levels of creation...1. Somebody a 'God' created it all.2 It rises

> > with our perception of it and 3. Ajativada--- --it never happened

> at > all. Ramana said 3 is the truth but that most could't grasp

> > that...> >

> Namaste,

>

> Ramana said a lot of different things to different mindsets. One

> should never interpret Ramana's silence, tolerance or anything else

> for as verification of one's personal viewpoint. Ramana's words are

> absolutely clear as to what the thought and what he

tolerated...Chees

> > --

------------

> Namaste dear Tony,

> and Hari OM, too:-)

>

> I wonder what Ramana was thinking when he looked at the pitcure in

this story...

> From my childhood on, from about the age of eight, I had been in

love with

> Krishna. I knew about Krishna bhaktas and how they behaved, but I

had

> never heard of saints who just sat quietly. In the Punjab people

showed

> heir devotion by singing bhajans. With this background I didn't

appreciate

> what I saw when I first encountered the Maharshi. One day though,

> all this changed. The Maharshi himself appeared before me in Madras

> and said, 'Krishna bhakti alone is true. Krishna bhakti alone is

true.'

> By this time I knew that he never left Tiruvannamalai for any

reason,

> so I had to assume that it was some kind of vision. I went back to

> Tiruvannamalai to get confirmation of this manifestation. I wanted

to

> ask him if he really had appeared to me and said these things about

> Krishna bhakti.

>

> I had had some disagreement with him on my first visit and this

disagreement

> had somehow stuck in my mind. If someone always agrees with you,

you

> don't think much about him. But if you have had a quarrel with

someone,

> that person and the quarrel you have had are always surfacing in

your mind.

> That was what was happening to me in Madras. Thoughts of the

Maharshi

> would often come to me because I didn't agree with his views on

God.

> I went back to Ramanasramam and asked the Maharshi, 'Are you the

> person who appeared to me in Madras and told me, 'Krishna bhakti

alone is true?' ' He heard my question but he didn't give me a reply.

While I was waiting for an answer, a group of devotees came from

Vrindavan. They were on a tour of pilgrimage places in the South. On

their visit to Tirupati they had heard that there was a swami in

Tiruvannamalai who was worth visiting. So, they all came along to

have darshan. The leader of the group presented the Maharshi with a

picture of Krishna playing the flute for Radha. It was a beautiful

picture.

>

>

> As the Maharshi was looking at the picture, tears started trickling

down his cheeks. When you have intense devotion for Krishna, you can

easily pick out other devotees who have that same passion. I could

see that these were real tears of devotion and that they came from

the heart and not from the mind. As I watched the tears trickling

down his cheeks, I felt them trickling into my own Heart. It was a

divine shower that filled my own Heart with love. He was so happy

looking at that picture, and I felt so happy looking at him

appreciate it. I thought to myself, 'This man has been hiding his

devotion from me. He doesn't like to show it publicly, but now I have

found out his secret. He is just as much a bhakta as I am.'

>

> A bird cannot fly without two wings.

>

> After this revelation I saw that the Maharshi was soaring on the

twin wings of bhakti and jnana (devotion and transcendental

knowledge).

>

> http://www.omshaantih.com/Ramana/Stories/Papaji/Two_wings.htm

>

Number 3 is similar to the Buddha's Sutra of Emptiness and "A Course In Miracles". When we understand that what we see is an illusion, we can understand detachment from things of this world and know it is our connection with God that is real. It is hard to grasp. It is sort of like dying and "being born again". :-).

-

Joyce

Friday, January 16, 2009 9:38 PM

Re: Re: From Padamalai by Muruganar

Namaste,>> If one is a true devotee of Ramana's teachings then one cannot call> oneself a devotee at all as that is dualistic. Ramana taught there> levels of creation...1. Somebody a 'God' created it all.2 It rises> with our perception of it and 3. Ajativada--- --it never happenedat > all. Ramana said 3 is the truth but that most could't grasp> that...Tony>Namaste,Ramana said a lot of different things to different mindsets. Oneshould never interpret Ramana's silence, tolerance or anything elsefor as verification of one's personal viewpoint. Ramana's words areabsolutely clear as to what the thought and what he tolerated...CheesTony--

Namaste dear Tony,

and Hari OM, too:-)

I wonder what Ramana was thinking when he looked at the pitcure in this story...

From my childhood on, from about the age of eight, I had been in love withKrishna. I knew about Krishna bhaktas and how they behaved, but I had never heard of saints who just sat quietly. In the Punjab people showed heir devotion by singing bhajans. With this background I didn't appreciate what I saw when I first encountered the Maharshi. One day though, all this changed. The Maharshi himself appeared before me in Madras and said, 'Krishna bhakti alone is true. Krishna bhakti alone is true.' By this time I knew that he never left Tiruvannamalai for any reason, so I had to assume that it was some kind of vision. I went back toTiruvannamalai to get confirmation of this manifestation. I wanted to ask him if he really had appeared to me and said these things about Krishna bhakti. I had had some disagreement with him on my first visit and this disagreement had somehow stuck in my mind. If someone always agrees with you, you don't think much about him. But if you have had a quarrel with someone, that person and the quarrel you have had are always surfacing in your mind. That was what was happening to me in Madras. Thoughts of the Maharshi would often come to me because I didn't agree with his views on God. I went back to Ramanasramam and asked the Maharshi, 'Are you the person who appeared to me in Madras and told me, 'Krishna bhakti alone is true?' ' He heard my question but he didn't give me a reply. While I was waiting for an answer, a group of devotees came from Vrindavan. They were on a tour of pilgrimage places in the South. On their visit to Tirupati they had heard that there was a swami in Tiruvannamalai who was worth visiting. So, they all came along to have darshan. The leader of the group presented the Maharshi with a picture of Krishna playing the flute for Radha. It was a beautiful picture.

As the Maharshi was looking at the picture, tears started trickling down his cheeks. When you have intense devotion for Krishna, you can easily pick out other devotees who have that same passion. I could see that these were real tears of devotion and that they came from the heart and not from the mind. As I watched the tears trickling down his cheeks, I felt them trickling into my own Heart. It was a divine shower that filled my own Heart with love. He was so happy looking at that picture, and I felt so happy looking at him appreciate it. I thought to myself, 'This man has been hiding his devotion from me. He doesn't like to show it publicly, but now I have found out his secret. He is just as much a bhakta as I am.'

A bird cannot fly without two wings.

After this revelation I saw that the Maharshi was soaring on the twin wings of bhakti and jnana (devotion and transcendental knowledge).

http://www.omshaantih.com/Ramana/Stories/Papaji/Two_wings.htm

>

> Namaste,

> >

> > If one is a true devotee of Ramana's teachings then one cannot

call

> > oneself a devotee at all as that is dualistic. Ramana taught there

> > levels of creation...1. Somebody a 'God' created it all.2 It rises

> > with our perception of it and 3. Ajativada--- --it never happened

> at > all. Ramana said 3 is the truth but that most could't grasp

> > that...> >

> Namaste,

>

> Ramana said a lot of different things to different mindsets. One

> should never interpret Ramana's silence, tolerance or anything else

> for as verification of one's personal viewpoint. Ramana's words are

> absolutely clear as to what the thought and what he

tolerated...Chees

> > --

------------

> Namaste dear Tony,

> and Hari OM, too:-)

>

> I wonder what Ramana was thinking when he looked at the pitcure in

this story...

> From my childhood on, from about the age of eight, I had been in

love with

> Krishna. I knew about Krishna bhaktas and how they behaved, but I

had

> never heard of saints who just sat quietly. In the Punjab people

showed

> heir devotion by singing bhajans. With this background I didn't

appreciate

> what I saw when I first encountered the Maharshi. One day though,

> all this changed. The Maharshi himself appeared before me in Madras

> and said, 'Krishna bhakti alone is true. Krishna bhakti alone is

true.'

> By this time I knew that he never left Tiruvannamalai for any

reason,

> so I had to assume that it was some kind of vision. I went back to

> Tiruvannamalai to get confirmation of this manifestation. I wanted

to

> ask him if he really had appeared to me and said these things about

> Krishna bhakti.

>

> I had had some disagreement with him on my first visit and this

disagreement

> had somehow stuck in my mind. If someone always agrees with you,

you

> don't think much about him. But if you have had a quarrel with

someone,

> that person and the quarrel you have had are always surfacing in

your mind.

> That was what was happening to me in Madras. Thoughts of the

Maharshi

> would often come to me because I didn't agree with his views on

God.

> I went back to Ramanasramam and asked the Maharshi, 'Are you the

> person who appeared to me in Madras and told me, 'Krishna bhakti

alone is true?' ' He heard my question but he didn't give me a reply.

While I was waiting for an answer, a group of devotees came from

Vrindavan. They were on a tour of pilgrimage places in the South. On

their visit to Tirupati they had heard that there was a swami in

Tiruvannamalai who was worth visiting. So, they all came along to

have darshan. The leader of the group presented the Maharshi with a

picture of Krishna playing the flute for Radha. It was a beautiful

picture.

>

>

> As the Maharshi was looking at the picture, tears started trickling

down his cheeks. When you have intense devotion for Krishna, you can

easily pick out other devotees who have that same passion. I could

see that these were real tears of devotion and that they came from

the heart and not from the mind. As I watched the tears trickling

down his cheeks, I felt them trickling into my own Heart. It was a

divine shower that filled my own Heart with love. He was so happy

looking at that picture, and I felt so happy looking at him

appreciate it. I thought to myself, 'This man has been hiding his

devotion from me. He doesn't like to show it publicly, but now I have

found out his secret. He is just as much a bhakta as I am.'

>

> A bird cannot fly without two wings.

>

> After this revelation I saw that the Maharshi was soaring on the

twin wings of bhakti and jnana (devotion and transcendental

knowledge).

>

> http://www.omshaantih.com/Ramana/Stories/Papaji/Two_wings.htm

>

Namaste,

Visions are just dreams that's all...Ramana's tears come from his

human body-mind complex's past Karma.......until the body drops it is

still full of karma and teachings....Cheers Tony

-

Tony OClery

01/17/2009 2:09 PM

Re: From Padamalai by Muruganar

Namaste,

Visions are just dreams that's all...Ramana's tears come from his

human body-mind complex's past Karma.......until the body drops it is

still full of karma and teachings....Cheers

Dear Tonyji:

May He lift the veil and pinch your cheeks!!!

In His Service,

Joyce

>

>

> -

> Tony OClery

>

> 01/17/2009 2:09 PM

> Re: From Padamalai by

Muruganar

>

> Namaste,

>

> Visions are just dreams that's all...Ramana's tears come from his

> human body-mind complex's past Karma.......until the body drops it

is

> still full of karma and teachings....Cheers >

>

> Dear Tonyji:

>

> May He lift the veil and pinch your cheeks!!!

>

> In His Service,

>

> Joyce

Namaste,

Following the teachings of Ramana doesn't mean one has to stay in the

Bhakta mode..........My mode is the Jnanan aspirations. There is no

Ramana do do anything, there hasn't been since the body dropped. If

there is a subtle Ramana then he wasn't a Jivanmukta---and I believe

he was one. People's visions of appearances are just the

superimposition of their gurus image on their own higher mind so to

speak.......it can lead to dangerous delusions and actions as well.

So because I prefer Ramana's more non bhakta teachings doesn't mean I

am wrong or need my veil lifting or whatever... We need our veil

lifting........It just depends on preferences or levels of awareness--

-as there is neither right nor wrong for it is all delusion and

illusion.....Cheers Tony.