Guest guest

Padamalai

P.211 V. 37

SELF ENQUIRY

" However much instruction the Guru gives,

the true support for spiritual aspirants

is the enquiry they perform

into the nature of their own Self. "

Alan, you seem to come up with the right comments at the right time. This journey is not about convincing anyone that our particular way of thinking is the right way. It is the right way for us, but not for someone else and as hard as it may be, we need to try respect the other person's path. Maybe if we did that there would not be so much bloodshed in the name of a God.

-

Alan Jacobs

Monday, January 19, 2009 12:34 PM

From Muruganar's Padamalai-SELF ENQUIRY

PadamalaiP.211 V. 37SELF ENQUIRY"However much instruction the Guru gives,the true support for spiritual aspirantsis the enquiry they performinto the nature of their own Self."

Dear Karla,

In my opinion what you write is right too. The question you might wish to ponder is 2do we choose the right path or is the right path chosen forus?

Love and ,

aLAN --- On Mon, 19/1/09, karla <docdanes wrote:

karla <docdanesRe: From Muruganar's Padamalai-SELF ENQUIRY Date: Monday, 19 January, 2009, 11:56 PM

Alan, you seem to come up with the right comments at the right time. This journey is not about convincing anyone that our particular way of thinking is the right way. It is the right way for us, but not for someone else and as hard as it may be, we need to try respect the other person's path. Maybe if we did that there would not be so much bloodshed in the name of a God.

-

Alan Jacobs

PadamalaiP.211 V. 37SELF ENQUIRY"However much instruction the Guru gives,the true support for spiritual aspirantsis the enquiry they performinto the nature of their own Self."

> Dear Karla,

>

> My reply flew off before it was corrected. Apologies.

>  

> In my opinion what you write is right too. The question you

> might wish to ponder is do we choose the right path or is

> the right path chosen for us?

>  

> Love and Light ,

>  

> Alan

>

> --- On Mon, 19/1/09, karla <docdanes

> wrote:

>

> karla <docdanes

> Re: From

> Muruganar's Padamalai-SELF ENQUIRY

>

> Monday, 19 January, 2009, 11:56 PM

> Alan,  you seem to come up with the right comments at the

> right time.  This journey is not about convincing anyone

> that our particular way of thinking is the right way.  It

> is the right way for us, but not for someone else and as

> hard as it may be, we need to try respect the other

> person's path.  Maybe if we did that there would not be

> so much bloodshed in the name of a God.

>

> -

> Alan Jacobs

>

> Monday, January 19, 2009 12:34 PM

> From

> Muruganar's Padamalai-SELF ENQUIRY

>

>

>

> Padamalai

>

> P.211 V. 37

>

> SELF ENQUIRY

>

> " However much instruction the Guru gives,

> the true support for spiritual aspirants

> is the enquiry they perform

> into the nature of their own Self. "

>

>

Now Alan, don't confuse me!! I'm not asking about karma anymore. But, you touch on something I am not sure about. It seems I have been on a path this past year that I do not seem to have much control of. I am changing and it is not necessarily anything I am mindfully doing or not doing that directs the changes. I can meditate or not meditate the changes develop regardless. So, I just try to go with the flow. I asked God before last year to let me be a channel for His love to come into the world, to help me do know how to do my part to make a better world. I think He is in control now and that is alright. Last year a new minister closed his sermon by looking at me with blazing eyes and saying "God will tell you what to do by speaking directly to your heart" . I think God, in whatever way you want to understand Him, is alive and well and working in each of our lives. Did I choose this path? Yes, I suppose I did choose all the pain and suffering in order to understand better the human condition, up close and personnel, but I think when I asked God to take over He did. This past year has just been about letting go and understanding that the love and peace I have always looked for can only be found through a close connection with God, beyond the illusion of the dramas of this world. I go into a deep meditation and call home, where I can stay for hours in the peace, in a state of complete emptiness. Most of my life is in solitude now,(except when I work) and my walks in the pastures with my dogs watching the dance of nature are very important. I told a friend, and I will repeat it now, Nature rolls out her beauty, like a map, and points the way to God. I really believe this. True love and peace are not found in the things of this world, but it is in the connection with God that we all have access to. Did you expect such a wild response from your question? Love and Light!! :-) k

-

Alan Jacobs

Monday, January 19, 2009 6:24 PM

Re: From Muruganar's Padamalai-SELF ENQUIRY

Dear Karla,

In my opinion what you write is right too. The question you might wish to ponder is 2do we choose the right path or is the right path chosen forus?

Love and ,

aLAN --- On Mon, 19/1/09, karla <docdanes (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

karla <docdanes (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>Re: From Muruganar's Padamalai-SELF ENQUIRY Date: Monday, 19 January, 2009, 11:56 PM

-

Alan Jacobs