IndiaDivine.org

Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the details

Rate this topic

Guest guest

please read and watch and.......

michael

Re: [Nonduality Salon] The Devil is in the details

that reminded me of a story i read last nite so i drug it over here.....:)A Violinist in the MetroA man sat at a Metro station in Washington, D.C. and started to play theviolin; it was a cold January morning. He played six Bach pieces for about45 minutes. During that time, since it was rush hour, it was calculated thatthousands of people went through the station, most of them on their way towork.Three minutes went by and a middle aged man noticed there was musicianplaying. He slowed his pace and stopped for a few seconds and then hurriedon to meet his schedule.A minute later, the violinist received his first dollar tip: a woman threwthe money in the till and without stopping, continued to walk.A few minutes later, someone leaned against the wall to listen to him, butthe man looked at his watch and started to walk again. Clearly he was latefor work.The one who paid the most attention was a 3 year old boy. His mother taggedhim along, hurried but the kid stopped to look at the violinist. Finally themother pushed hard and the child continued to walk turning his head all thetime. This action was repeated by several other children. All the parents,without exception, forced them to move on.In the 45 minutes the musician played, only 6 people stopped and stayed fora while. About 20 gave him money but continued to walk their normal pace. Hecollected $32. When he finished playing and silence took over, no onenoticed it. No one applauded, nor was there any recognition.No one knew this but the violinist was Joshua Bell, one of the bestmusicians in the world. He played one of the most intricate pieces everwritten with a violin worth 3.5 million dollars.Two days before his playing in the subway, Joshua Bell sold out at a theaterin Boston and the seats averaged $100.This is a real story. Joshua Bell playing incognito in the Metro station wasorganized by the Washington Post as part of a social experiment aboutperception, taste and priorities of people.The outlines were: in a commonplace environment at an inappropriate hour :Do we perceive beauty?Do we stop to appreciate it?Do we recognize the talent in an unexpected context?One of the possible conclusions from this experience could be:If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musiciansin the world playing the best music ever written, how many other things arewe missing?

PS. by Gloria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnOPu0_YWhwIn the video here, one woman recognizes who he is.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.19/1939 - Release 02/07/09 13:39:00

Dear Andreasjii

thank you for your encouraging answer....

you have been the only one in our sangha!!!!

Strange - isnt it??

in Sri Ramana

michael

Dear Michaelji,

this is indeed a wonderfull story,absolutely reflecting

the truth of our relative existence..

I truly hope that it will touch the heart of all of us hier!!

Thanks,

or Shandosham--- Michael Bindel <michael.bindel (AT) t-online (DOT) hu> schrieb am Mo, 9.2.2009:

Von: Michael Bindel <michael.bindel (AT) t-online (DOT) hu>Betreff: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Montag, 9. Februar 2009, 9:05

michael

that reminded me of a story i read last nite so i drug it over here.....:)A Violinist in the MetroA man sat at a Metro station in Washington, D.C. and started to play theviolin; it was a cold January morning. He played six Bach pieces for about45 minutes. During that time, since it was rush hour, it was calculated thatthousands of people went through the station, most of them on their way towork.Three minutes went by and a middle aged man noticed there was musicianplaying. He slowed his pace and stopped for a few seconds and then hurriedon to meet his schedule.A minute later, the violinist received his first dollar tip: a woman threwthe money in the till and without stopping, continued to walk.A few minutes later, someone leaned against the wall to listen to him, butthe man looked at his watch and started to walk again. Clearly he was latefor work.The one who paid the most attention was a 3 year old boy. His mother taggedhim along, hurried but the kid stopped to look at the violinist. Finally themother pushed hard and the child continued to walk turning his head all thetime. This action was repeated by several other children. All the parents,without exception, forced them to move on.In the 45 minutes the musician played, only 6 people stopped and stayed fora while. About 20 gave him money but continued to walk their normal pace. Hecollected $32. When he finished playing and silence took over, no onenoticed it. No one applauded, nor was there any recognition.No one knew this but the violinist was Joshua Bell, one of the bestmusicians in the world. He played one of the most intricate pieces everwritten with a violin worth 3.5 million dollars.Two days before his playing in the subway, Joshua Bell sold out at a theaterin Boston and the seats averaged $100.This is a real story. Joshua Bell playing incognito in the Metro station wasorganized by the Washington Post as part of a social experiment aboutperception, taste and priorities of people.The outlines were: in a commonplace environment at an inappropriate hour :Do we perceive beauty?Do we stop to appreciate it?Do we recognize the talent in an unexpected context?One of the possible conclusions from this experience could be:If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musiciansin the world playing the best music ever written, how many other things arewe missing?

PS. by Gloria

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=hnOPu0_ YWhwIn the video here, one woman recognizes who he is.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.19/1939 - Release 02/07/09 13:39:00

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.19/1940 - Release 02/07/09 13:39:00

Dear Michaelji,

its always hard to accept strange "things", in my posting

on 28.01. I also expressed the same topic like u did,

and there wasnt not even one respond!

I fully accepted it and I will continue to accept every

behavior here, no matter how strange it is, that is why

we are here for or not?

Nevertheless Devil is the details, that has been my

experience so far - Im sorry for those brothers and sisters

here who only care for the great stuff !!

yours in Bhagavan

Shandosham

--- Michael Bindel <michael.bindel schrieb am Mi, 11.2.2009:

Von: Michael Bindel <michael.bindelBetreff: Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2009, 16:23

Dear Andreasjii

Strange - isnt it??

in Sri Ramana

michael

Dear Michaelji,

Thanks,

or Shandosham--- Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu> schrieb am Mo, 9.2.2009:

Von: Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu>Betreff: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Montag, 9. Februar 2009, 9:05

michael

that reminded me of a story i read last nite so i drug it over here.....:)A Violinist in the MetroA man sat at a Metro station in Washington, D.C. and started to play theviolin; it was a cold January morning. He played six Bach pieces for about45 minutes. During that time, since it was rush hour, it was calculated thatthousands of people went through the station, most of them on their way towork.Three minutes went by and a middle aged man noticed there was musicianplaying. He slowed his pace and stopped for a few seconds and then hurriedon to meet his schedule.A minute later, the violinist received his first dollar tip: a woman threwthe money in the till and without stopping, continued to walk.A few minutes later, someone leaned against the wall to listen to him, butthe man looked at his watch and started to walk again. Clearly he was latefor work.The

one who paid the most attention was a 3 year old boy. His mother taggedhim along, hurried but the kid stopped to look at the violinist. Finally themother pushed hard and the child continued to walk turning his head all thetime. This action was repeated by several other children. All the parents,without exception, forced them to move on.In the 45 minutes the musician played, only 6 people stopped and stayed fora while. About 20 gave him money but continued to walk their normal pace. Hecollected $32. When he finished playing and silence took over, no onenoticed it. No one applauded, nor was there any recognition.No one knew this but the violinist was Joshua Bell, one of the bestmusicians in the world. He played one of the most intricate pieces everwritten with a violin worth 3.5 million dollars.Two days before his playing in the subway, Joshua Bell sold out at a theaterin Boston and the seats

averaged $100.This is a real story. Joshua Bell playing incognito in the Metro station wasorganized by the Washington Post as part of a social experiment aboutperception, taste and priorities of people.The outlines were: in a commonplace environment at an inappropriate hour :Do we perceive beauty?Do we stop to appreciate it?Do we recognize the talent in an unexpected context?One of the possible conclusions from this experience could be:If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musiciansin the world playing the best music ever written, how many other things arewe missing?

PS. by Gloria

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=hnOPu0_ YWhwIn the video here, one woman recognizes who he is.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.19/1940 - Release 02/07/09 13:39:00

Dear Shandoshan

overlooking the "small things" lead to not living the TRUTH

at least thats the experience i had in this lifetime - with myself and others of course...

lets continue our work together in trust

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

-

andreas farsatis

Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:56 PM

Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the details

Dear Michaelji,

we are here for or not?

yours in Bhagavan

Shandosham

--- Michael Bindel <michael.bindel (AT) t-online (DOT) hu> schrieb am Mi, 11.2.2009:

Von: Michael Bindel <michael.bindel (AT) t-online (DOT) hu>Betreff: Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2009, 16:23

Dear Andreasjii

Strange - isnt it??

in Sri Ramana

michael

Dear Michaelji,

Thanks,

or Shandosham--- Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu> schrieb am Mo, 9.2.2009:

Von: Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu>Betreff: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Montag, 9. Februar 2009, 9:05

michael

PS. by Gloria

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.234 / Virus Database: 270.10.23/1949 - Release 02/11/09 18:11:00

YES dear Michael,

I fully agree with that, and I more than pleased

to continue our work together in trust

and in His Grace..

With the spiritual authority of our beloved Bhagavan

Shandosham--- Michael Bindel <michael.bindel schrieb am Do, 12.2.2009:

Von: Michael Bindel <michael.bindelBetreff: Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2009, 18:02

Dear Shandoshan

at least thats the experience i had in this lifetime - with myself and others of course...

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

-

andreas farsatis

Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:56 PM

Dear Michaelji,

we are here for or not?

yours in Bhagavan

Shandosham

--- Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu> schrieb am Mi, 11.2.2009:

Von: Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu>Betreff: Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2009, 16:23

Dear Andreasjii

Strange - isnt it??

in Sri Ramana

michael

Dear Michaelji,

Thanks,

michael

that reminded me of a story i read last nite so i drug it over here.....:)A Violinist in the MetroA man sat at a Metro station in Washington, D.C. and started to play theviolin; it was a cold January morning. He played six Bach pieces for about45 minutes. During that time, since it was rush hour, it was calculated thatthousands of people went through the station, most of them on their way towork.Three minutes went by and a middle aged man noticed there was musicianplaying. He slowed his pace and stopped for a few seconds and then hurriedon to meet his schedule.A minute later, the violinist received his first dollar tip: a woman threwthe money in the till and without stopping, continued to walk.A few minutes later, someone leaned against the wall to listen to him, butthe man looked at his watch and started to walk again. Clearly he was latefor work.The

one who paid the most attention was a 3 year old boy. His mother taggedhim along, hurried but the kid stopped to look at the violinist. Finally themother pushed hard and the child continued to walk turning his head all thetime. This action was repeated by several other children. All the parents,without exception, forced them to move on.In the 45 minutes the musician played, only 6 people stopped and stayed fora while. About 20 gave him money but continued to walk their normal pace. Hecollected $32. When he finished playing and silence took over, no onenoticed it. No one applauded, nor was there any recognition.No one knew this but the violinist was Joshua Bell, one of the bestmusicians in the world. He played one of the most intricate pieces everwritten with a violin worth 3.5 million dollars.Two days before his playing in the subway, Joshua Bell sold out at a theaterin Boston and the seats

averaged $100.This is a real story. Joshua Bell playing incognito in the Metro station wasorganized by the Washington Post as part of a social experiment aboutperception, taste and priorities of people.The outlines were: in a commonplace environment at an inappropriate hour :Do we perceive beauty?Do we stop to appreciate it?Do we recognize the talent in an unexpected context?One of the possible conclusions from this experience could be:If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musiciansin the world playing the best music ever written, how many other things arewe missing?

PS. by Gloria

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.234 / Virus Database: 270.10.23/1949 - Release 02/11/09 18:11:00

Dear Michael,

Thank you, I did read your post. A very sobering example of how we miss those gems within the commonplace.

I'm sorry not to have acknowledged your post.

Best wishes,

Peter

On Behalf Of Michael Bindel12 February 2009 17:02 Subject: Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the details

Dear Shandoshan

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

Lieber Michael,

ich habe eine MP3 aus Tiru mitgebracht sie beinhaltet

ein Satsang mit Sri Ganesan über "the mind",

ich wurde sie gern der shangha zur Verfügung stellen-

allerdings übersteigt das technische "wie" meine Möglichkeiten

weiß Du ob es überhaupt möglich wäre?

Liebe grüße,

Andreas --- Michael Bindel <michael.bindel schrieb am Mi, 11.2.2009:

Von: Michael Bindel <michael.bindelBetreff: Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2009, 16:23

Dear Andreasjii

Strange - isnt it??

in Sri Ramana

michael

Dear Michaelji,

Thanks,

michael

PS. by Gloria

Dear all,

Im sorry for posting that in german,it was

only for Michael Bindel.

But any way the posting is about an MP3 that

I have brought with from my recent visit to Tiru.

It contains a sharing with Sri Ganesan about the mind.

I was asking Michael if he knows how it can be

shared here,does anybody know?

With His Blessings,

Shandosham

--- andreas farsatis <born010405 schrieb am Do, 12.2.2009:

Von: andreas farsatis <born010405Betreff: Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2009, 19:03

Lieber Michael,

Liebe grüße,

Andreas --- Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu> schrieb am Mi, 11.2.2009:

Von: Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu>Betreff: Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2009, 16:23

Dear Andreasjii

Strange - isnt it??

in Sri Ramana

michael

Dear Michaelji,

Thanks,

michael

PS. by Gloria

Dear Peter,

I really dont understand what u want to say,

do u mean is not ok to share Sri Ganesans sharings here?

Warm regards

Shandosham--- Peter <not_2 schrieb am Do, 12.2.2009:

Von: Peter <not_2Betreff: RE: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2009, 19:26

Dear Shadosham,Providing Sri Ganesan does not object you could upload it to the filessection.http://groups. / group/HarshaSats anghbest wishes,Peter

Dear Peter

thank you for letting me know your opinion

feedback is needed at least for this person

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

-

Peter

Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:27 PM

RE: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the details

Dear Michael,

Thank you, I did read your post. A very sobering example of how we miss those gems within the commonplace.

I'm sorry not to have acknowledged your post.

Best wishes,

Peter

On Behalf Of Michael Bindel12 February 2009 17:02 Subject: Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the details

Dear Shandoshan

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

Lieber Andreas

michael weiss da auch nicht weiter....

habe eine innere Scheu vor dieser Computerworld.....und mit recht

schreib einfach ein Mail an die List!

wart einmal

hab heute endlich eine Nachricht erhalten, warum ich THE MOUNTAIN PATH nicht bearbeiten kann

weil dieWitzlinge im Ashram alles auf Fotos gestellt haben, die dann mit einer technischen Vorrichtung OCR genannt bearbeitet werden muss

diesen freundlichen Menschen werde ich gleich anschreiben

wenn ich darf....

warte also auf Dein Einverstaendnis

michael

-

andreas farsatis

Thursday, February 12, 2009 7:03 PM

Lieber Michael,

Liebe grüße,

Andreas --- Michael Bindel <michael.bindel (AT) t-online (DOT) hu> schrieb am Mi, 11.2.2009:

Von: Michael Bindel <michael.bindel (AT) t-online (DOT) hu>Betreff: Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2009, 16:23

Dear Andreasjii

Strange - isnt it??

in Sri Ramana

michael

Dear Michaelji,

Thanks,

michael

PS. by Gloria

Thank you dear Peter that makes perfect sense,

I didnt buy the mp3,I was at Sri

Ganesans sharing and after it was finished

some of the participants asked if they can have the recordings

so that is how I got it.

I think that Sri Ganesan has nothing against uploading

his sharings here,but its a good idea to ask for his permit.

Maybe Alan knows more about it..

Warm regards,

Shandosham

--- Peter <not_2 schrieb am Do, 12.2.2009:

Von: Peter <not_2Betreff: RE: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2009, 20:27

Dear Shandosham,

Sorry I wasn't clear in my last mail. There are two things.

1) I believe you can upload files to the link I gave in my previous email.

2) If you have bought the MP3 of Sri Ganesan's talk from the Ashram you might need to check with him/them they are happy for you to upload it to HarshaSatsang files section. If it's free and for public sharing then you don't need to ask anyone about putting it in the files section.

Hope that make sense,

Peter

[HarshaSatsa ngh ] On Behalf Of andreas farsatis12 February 2009 18:33RE: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the details

Dear Peter,

do u mean is not ok to share Sri Ganesans sharings here?

Warm regards

Shandosham--- Peter <not_2 (AT) btinternet (DOT) com> schrieb am Do, 12.2.2009:

Von: Peter <not_2 (AT) btinternet (DOT) com>Betreff: RE: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2009, 19:26

Dear Shadosham,Providing Sri Ganesan does not object you could upload it to the filessection.http://groups. / group/HarshaSats anghbest wishes,Peter

Dear Michael,

Could we have a translation please, as hardly any of the members here speak

German to my knowledge?

Love,

Alan

--- On Thu, 12/2/09, andreas farsatis <born010405 wrote:

andreas farsatis <born010405

Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in

the details

Thursday, 12 February, 2009, 6:03 PM

Lieber Michael,

ein Satsang mit Sri Ganesan über " the mind " ,

ich wurde sie gern der shangha zur Verfügung stellen-

allerdings übersteigt das technische " wie " meine Möglichkeiten

Liebe grüße,

Andreas 

--- Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu> schrieb am Mi, 11.2.2009:

Von: Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu>

Betreff: Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in

the details

An:

Datum: Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2009, 16:23

Dear Andreasjii

Strange - isnt it??

in Sri Ramana

michael

Dear Michaelji,

Thanks,

or Shandosham

--- Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu> schrieb am Mo, 9.2.2009:

Von: Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu>

Betreff: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the

details

An:

Datum: Montag, 9. Februar 2009, 9:05

michael

that reminded me of a story i read last nite so i drug it over here.....:)

A Violinist in the Metro

A man sat at a Metro station in Washington, D.C. and started to play the

violin; it was a cold January morning. He played six Bach pieces for about

45 minutes. During that time, since it was rush hour, it was calculated that

thousands of people went through the station, most of them on their way to

work.

Three minutes went by and a middle aged man noticed there was musician

playing. He slowed his pace and stopped for a few seconds and then hurried

on to meet his schedule.

A minute later, the violinist received his first dollar tip: a woman threw

the money in the till and without stopping, continued to walk.

A few minutes later, someone leaned against the wall to listen to him, but

the man looked at his watch and started to walk again. Clearly he was late

for work.

The one who paid the most attention was a 3 year old boy. His mother tagged

him along, hurried but the kid stopped to look at the violinist. Finally the

mother pushed hard and the child continued to walk turning his head all the

time. This action was repeated by several other children. All the parents,

without exception, forced them to move on.

In the 45 minutes the musician played, only 6 people stopped and stayed for

a while. About 20 gave him money but continued to walk their normal pace. He

collected $32. When he finished playing and silence took over, no one

noticed it. No one applauded, nor was there any recognition.

No one knew this but the violinist was Joshua Bell, one of the best

musicians in the world. He played one of the most intricate pieces ever

written with a violin worth 3.5 million dollars.

Two days before his playing in the subway, Joshua Bell sold out at a theater

in Boston and the seats averaged $100.

This is a real story. Joshua Bell playing incognito in the Metro station was

organized by the Washington Post as part of a social experiment about

perception, taste and priorities of people.

The outlines were: in a commonplace environment at an inappropriate hour :

Do we perceive beauty?

Do we stop to appreciate it?

Do we recognize the talent in an unexpected context?

One of the possible conclusions from this experience could be:

If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musicians

in the world playing the best music ever written, how many other things are

we missing?

PS. by Gloria

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=hnOPu0_ YWhw

In the video here, one woman recognizes who he is.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.19/1939 - Release 02/07/09

13:39:00

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.19/1940 - Release 02/07/09

13:39:00

Dear Shandosham,

It is all OK. Ganesan has given me permission to post his sharings providing the

confidential correspondence is edited out. I do that.

All regards,

Alan

--- On Thu, 12/2/09, andreas farsatis <born010405 wrote:

andreas farsatis <born010405

RE: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in

the details

Thursday, 12 February, 2009, 6:33 PM

Dear Peter,

do u mean is not ok to share Sri Ganesans sharings here?

Warm regards

Shandosham

--- Peter <not_2 (AT) btinternet (DOT) com> schrieb am Do, 12.2.2009:

Von: Peter <not_2 (AT) btinternet (DOT) com>

Betreff: RE: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in

the details

An:

Datum: Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2009, 19:26

Dear Shadosham,

Providing Sri Ganesan does not object you could upload it to the files

section.

http://groups. / group/HarshaSats angh

best wishes,

Peter

Dear Alan

sorry - this message was sent by error. It was intended to Andreas privately.

It was about the MP3 message he brought from India.

Thank you for everything

in gratitude

michael

-

Alan Jacobs

Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:07 PM

Dear Michael, Could we have a translation please, as hardly any of the members here speak German to my knowledge? Love, Alan --- On Thu, 12/2/09, andreas farsatis <born010405 (AT) (DOT) de> wrote:andreas farsatis <born010405 (AT) (DOT) de>Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the details Date: Thursday, 12 February, 2009, 6:03 PMLieber Michael, ich habe eine MP3 aus Tiru mitgebracht sie beinhaltet ein Satsang mit Sri Ganesan über "the mind",ich wurde sie gern der shangha zur Verfügung stellen-allerdings übersteigt das technische "wie" meine Möglichkeitenweiß Du ob es überhaupt möglich wäre? Liebe grüße, Andreas --- Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu> schrieb am Mi, 11.2.2009:Von: Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu>Betreff: Re: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2009, 16:23 Dear Andreasjii thank you for your encouraging answer....you have been the only one in our sangha!!!!Strange - isnt it?? in Sri Ramana michael Dear Michaelji, this is indeed a wonderfull story,absolutely reflectingthe truth of our relative existence.. I truly hope that it will touch the heart of all of us hier!! Thanks, or Shandosham--- Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu> schrieb am Mo, 9.2.2009:Von: Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu>Betreff: Fw: [MillionPaths] The Devil is in the detailsAn: Datum: Montag, 9. Februar 2009, 9:05please read and watch and....... michaelRe: [Nonduality Salon] The Devil is in the details that reminded me of a story i read last nite so i drug it over here.....:)A Violinist in the MetroA man sat at a Metro station in Washington, D.C. and started to play theviolin; it was a cold January morning. He played six Bach pieces for about45 minutes. During that time, since it was rush hour, it was calculated thatthousands of people went through the station, most of them on their way towork.Three minutes went by and a middle aged man noticed there was musicianplaying. He slowed his pace and stopped for a few seconds and then hurriedon to meet his schedule.A minute later, the violinist received his first dollar tip: a woman threwthe money in the till and without stopping, continued to walk.A few minutes later, someone leaned against the wall to listen to him, butthe man looked at his watch and started to walk again. Clearly he was latefor work.The one who paid the most attention was a 3 year old boy. His mother taggedhim along, hurried but the kid stopped to look at the violinist. Finally themother pushed hard and the child continued to walk turning his head all thetime. This action was repeated by several other children. All the parents,without exception, forced them to move on.In the 45 minutes the musician played, only 6 people stopped and stayed fora while. About 20 gave him money but continued to walk their normal pace. Hecollected $32. When he finished playing and silence took over, no onenoticed it. No one applauded, nor was there any recognition.No one knew this but the violinist was Joshua Bell, one of the bestmusicians in the world. He played one of the most intricate pieces everwritten with a violin worth 3.5 million dollars.Two days before his playing in the subway, Joshua Bell sold out at a theaterin Boston and the seats averaged $100.This is a real story. Joshua Bell playing incognito in the Metro station wasorganized by the Washington Post as part of a social experiment aboutperception, taste and priorities of people.The outlines were: in a commonplace environment at an inappropriate hour :Do we perceive beauty?Do we stop to appreciate it?Do we recognize the talent in an unexpected context?One of the possible conclusions from this experience could be:If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musiciansin the world playing the best music ever written, how many other things arewe missing? PS. by Gloriahttp://www.youtube. com/watch? v=hnOPu0_ YWhwIn the video here, one woman recognizes who he is.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.19/1939 - Release 02/07/09 13:39:00Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.19/1940 - Release 02/07/09 13:39:00

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.234 / Virus Database: 270.10.23/1949 - Release 02/12/09 11:34:00