IndiaDivine.org

Questions about arunachala , aham sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Samuel,

I will try to answer your question, but I trust other members will also add to what I have to say.

1, Arunachala, is not only the form of a sacred mountain, Bhagavan regarded it as the Divine in the shape or form of the mountain. Once this truth is realised experientially, usually by visiting Tiruvannamalai, or reading Sri Bhagavan's great poem to Arunachala, the Marital Garland of Letters and other verses, then that Power becomes a great friend and ally in your sadhana of Self Enquiry, as does the Grace of the Self, God or Guru in your Heart. In this way it is related to Self Enquiry.

2. Aham Sphurana is a throbbing or a pulsation of the Real I (Aham) in your Heart, not the false I of the ego. The Real I is often written by Ramana as I-I-I to demonstrate this continuously experienced emanation of the Real I or Self in the Spiritual Heart. It was experienced by Bhagavan initially on the right side of the chest, but it is really the formless ethereal spacelessness of Pure Absolute Consiousness in the Spiritual Heart without a designated location. Many Devotees receive inklings of this pulsation when they are persistent in Self Enquiry and the Diving Into the Heart Practice. It signifies they are on the right track, so it is related to Self Enquiry.

I trust this helps, but continue enquiring on this vital topic. We thank you for your questions.

All best wishes and regards in your quest,

Yours in Bhagavan,

Alan .

--- On Thu, 5/3/09, ironworker30601 <samuel.cole wrote:

ironworker30601 <samuel.cole questions about arunachala , aham sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara Date: Thursday, 5 March, 2009, 1:44 PM

dear friends. i am new to the group and although i have read a few books by sri ramana maharshi i have a few questions:

how is the arunachala mountain related to the practice of atma vichara?

what is the nature of aham sphurana?

how is it related to the practice atma vichara?

thanks for any answers. samuel

Guest guest

thanks alan! is the the divine Arunachala the same divine Self that is in my

Heart? warmest wishes, samuel

, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

>

> Dear Samuel,

>  

> I will try to answer your question, but I trust other members will also add to

what I have to say.

>  

> 1, Arunachala, is not only the form of a sacred mountain, Bhagavan regarded it

as the Divine in the shape or form of the mountain. Once this truth is realised

experientially, usually by visiting Tiruvannamalai, or reading Sri Bhagavan's

great poem to Arunachala, the Marital Garland of Letters and other verses, then

that Power becomes a great friend and ally in your sadhana of Self Enquiry, as

does the Grace of the Self, God or Guru in your Heart. In this way it is related

to Self Enquiry.

>  

> 2. Aham Sphurana  is a throbbing or a pulsation of the Real I (Aham) in your

Heart, not the false I of the ego. The Real I is often written by Ramana as

I-I-I to demonstrate this continuously experienced emanation of the Real I or

Self in the Spiritual Heart. It was experienced by Bhagavan initially on the

right side of the chest, but it is really the formless ethereal spacelessness of

Pure Absolute Consiousness in the Spiritual Heart without a designated location.

Many Devotees receive inklings of this pulsation when they are persistent in

Self Enquiry and the Diving Into the Heart Practice. It signifies they are on

the right track, so it is related to Self Enquiry.

>  

> I trust this helps, but continue enquiring on this vital topic. We thank you

for your questions.

>  

> All best wishes and regards in your quest,

>  

> Yours in Bhagavan,

>  

> Alan .

>  

>

> --- On Thu, 5/3/09, ironworker30601 <samuel.cole wrote:

>

>

> ironworker30601 <samuel.cole

> questions about arunachala , aham

sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara

>

> Thursday, 5 March, 2009, 1:44 PM

>

dear friends.  i am new to the group and although i have read a few books by

sri ramana maharshi  i have a few questions: 

>

>

> how is the arunachala mountain related to the practice of atma vichara?  

>

> what is the nature of aham sphurana?

>

> how is it related to the practice atma vichara?

> thanks for any answers.   samuel 

>

Guest guest

Dear Samuel,

Arunachala as the Divine Presence is in the Heart. Bhagavan affirmed this Knowledge without reservation from his own experience and for the benefit of his Devotees.

All very best wishes and regards,

In His Grace,

Alan --- On Sun, 8/3/09, ironworker30601 <samuel.cole wrote:

ironworker30601 <samuel.cole Re: Questions about arunachala , aham sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara Date: Sunday, 8 March, 2009, 12:21 AM

thanks alan! is the the divine Arunachala the same divine Self that is in my Heart? warmest wishes, samuel, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Samuel,> > I will try to answer your question, but I trust other members will also add to what I have to say.> > 1, Arunachala, is not only the form of a sacred mountain, Bhagavan regarded it as the Divine in the shape or form of the mountain. Once this truth is realised experientially, usually by visiting Tiruvannamalai, or reading Sri Bhagavan' s great poem to Arunachala, the Marital Garland of Letters and other verses, then that Power becomes a great friend and ally in your sadhana of Self

Enquiry, as does the Grace of the Self, God or Guru in your Heart. In this way it is related to Self Enquiry.> > 2. Aham Sphurana is a throbbing or a pulsation of the Real I (Aham) in your Heart, not the false I of the ego. The Real I is often written by Ramana as I-I-I to demonstrate this continuously experienced emanation of the Real I or Self in the Spiritual Heart. It was experienced by Bhagavan initially on the right side of the chest, but it is really the formless ethereal spacelessness of Pure Absolute Consiousness in the Spiritual Heart without a designated location. Many Devotees receive inklings of this pulsation when they are persistent in Self Enquiry and the Diving Into the Heart Practice. It signifies they are on the right track, so it is related to Self Enquiry.> > I trust this helps, but continue enquiring on this vital topic. We thank you for your

questions.> > All best wishes and regards in your quest,> > Yours in Bhagavan,> > Alan .> > > --- On Thu, 5/3/09, ironworker30601 <samuel.cole@ ...> wrote:> > > ironworker30601 <samuel.cole@ ...>> questions about arunachala , aham sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara> > Thursday, 5 March, 2009, 1:44 PM> > > > > > > > dear friends. i am new to the group and although i have read a few books by sri ramana maharshi i have a few questions: > > > how is

the arunachala mountain related to the practice of atma vichara? > > what is the nature of aham sphurana? > > how is it related to the practice atma vichara? > thanks for any answers. samuel >

Guest guest

dear alan. thanks for answering my questions. what is the difference in the meditation experience while sitting on the mountain Arunachala compared to elsewhere? is it easier? warmest wishes, samuel

, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:>> Dear Samuel,> > Arunachala as the Divine Presence is in the Heart. Bhagavan affirmed this Knowledge without reservation from his own experience and for the benefit of his Devotees.> > All very best wishes and regards,> > In His Grace,> > Alan > > --- On Sun, 8/3/09, ironworker30601 samuel.cole wrote:> > > ironworker30601 samuel.cole Re: Questions about arunachala , aham sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara> > Sunday, 8 March, 2009, 12:21 AM> > > > > > > thanks alan! is the the divine Arunachala the same divine Self that is in my Heart? warmest wishes, samuel> > , Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:> >> > Dear Samuel,> > > > I will try to answer your question, but I trust other members will also add to what I have to say.> > > > 1, Arunachala, is not only the form of a sacred mountain, Bhagavan regarded it as the Divine in the shape or form of the mountain. Once this truth is realised experientially, usually by visiting Tiruvannamalai, or reading Sri Bhagavan' s great poem to Arunachala, the Marital Garland of Letters and other verses, then that Power becomes a great friend and ally in your sadhana of Self Enquiry, as does the Grace of the Self, God or Guru in your Heart. In this way it is related to Self Enquiry.> > > > 2. Aham Sphurana is a throbbing or a pulsation of the Real I (Aham) in your Heart, not the false I of the ego. The Real I is often written by Ramana as I-I-I to demonstrate this continuously experienced emanation of the Real I or Self in the Spiritual Heart. It was experienced by Bhagavan initially on the right side of the chest, but it is really the formless ethereal spacelessness of Pure Absolute Consiousness in the Spiritual Heart without a designated location. Many Devotees receive inklings of this pulsation when they are persistent in Self Enquiry and the Diving Into the Heart Practice. It signifies they are on the right track, so it is related to Self Enquiry.> > > > I trust this helps, but continue enquiring on this vital topic. We thank you for your questions.> > > > All best wishes and regards in your quest,> > > > Yours in Bhagavan,> > > > Alan .> > > > > > --- On Thu, 5/3/09, ironworker30601 <samuel.cole@ ...> wrote:> > > > > > ironworker30601 <samuel.cole@ ...>> > questions about arunachala , aham sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara> > > > Thursday, 5 March, 2009, 1:44 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > dear friends. i am new to the group and although i have read a few books by sri ramana maharshi i have a few questions: > > > > > > how is the arunachala mountain related to the practice of atma vichara? > > > > what is the nature of aham sphurana? > > > > how is it related to the practice atma vichara? > > thanks for any answers. samuel > >>

Guest guest

Dear Samuel,

There is a great deal of mysterious power in Arunachala which many people feel when they meditate there, which makes it easier. Whether it is lay lines, or the residual leavings of all the Sages and pilgrims who have meditated there, no one can be sure. Many say that its inner form is light, only the outer form is the mountain. It is a linga of Lord Shiva too, who descended on this spot in a column of fire. hence the red igneous rock, in a plateau mainly consisting of brown stones. We must also remember that Bhagavan was there for over fifty years.

All best wishes and warm regards,

Alan--- On Mon, 9/3/09, ironworker30601 <samuel.cole wrote:

ironworker30601 <samuel.cole Re: Questions about arunachala , aham sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara Date: Monday, 9 March, 2009, 12:27 PM

dear alan. thanks for answering my questions. what is the difference in the meditation experience while sitting on the mountain Arunachala compared to elsewhere? is it easier? warmest wishes, samuel

, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Samuel,> > Arunachala as the Divine Presence is in the Heart. Bhagavan affirmed this Knowledge without reservation from his own experience and for the benefit of his Devotees.> > All very best wishes and regards,> > In His Grace,> > Alan > > --- On Sun, 8/3/09, ironworker30601 samuel.cole@ ... wrote:> > > ironworker30601 samuel.cole@ ...> Re: Questions about arunachala , aham sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara> > Sunday, 8 March, 2009, 12:21 AM> > > > > > > thanks alan! is the the divine Arunachala the same divine Self that is in my Heart? warmest wishes,

samuel> > , Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:> >> > Dear Samuel,> > > > I will try to answer your question, but I trust other members will also add to what I have to say.> > > > 1, Arunachala, is not only the form of a sacred mountain, Bhagavan regarded it as the Divine in the shape or form of the mountain. Once this truth is realised experientially, usually by visiting Tiruvannamalai, or reading Sri Bhagavan' s great poem to Arunachala, the Marital Garland of Letters and other verses, then that Power becomes a great friend and ally in your sadhana of Self Enquiry, as does the Grace of the Self, God or Guru in your Heart. In this way it is related to Self Enquiry.> > > > 2. Aham Sphurana is a throbbing or a pulsation of the Real I (Aham) in your

Heart, not the false I of the ego. The Real I is often written by Ramana as I-I-I to demonstrate this continuously experienced emanation of the Real I or Self in the Spiritual Heart. It was experienced by Bhagavan initially on the right side of the chest, but it is really the formless ethereal spacelessness of Pure Absolute Consiousness in the Spiritual Heart without a designated location. Many Devotees receive inklings of this pulsation when they are persistent in Self Enquiry and the Diving Into the Heart Practice. It signifies they are on the right track, so it is related to Self Enquiry.> > > > I trust this helps, but continue enquiring on this vital topic. We thank you for your questions.> > > > All best wishes and regards in your quest,> > > > Yours in Bhagavan,> > > > Alan .> > > >

> > --- On Thu, 5/3/09, ironworker30601 <samuel.cole@ ...> wrote:> > > > > > ironworker30601 <samuel.cole@ ...>> > questions about arunachala , aham sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara> > > > Thursday, 5 March, 2009, 1:44 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > dear friends. i am new to the group and although i have read a few books by sri ramana maharshi i have a few questions: > > > > > > how is the arunachala mountain related to the practice of atma vichara? > > > > what is the nature of aham sphurana? > > > > how is it related to the practice atma vichara? > > thanks for any

answers. samuel > >>

Guest guest

dear alan, how important do you think it is to make the pilgramage to

arunachala? warmest wishes, samuel

, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

>

> Dear Samuel,

>  

> There is a great deal of mysterious power in Arunachala which many people feel

when they meditate there, which makes it easier. Whether it is lay lines, or the

residual leavings of all the Sages and pilgrims who have meditated there, no

one can be sure. Many say that its inner form is light, only the outer form is

the mountain. It is a linga of Lord Shiva too, who descended on this spot in a

column of fire. hence the red igneous rock, in a plateau mainly consisting of

brown stones. We must also remember that Bhagavan was there for over fifty

years.

>  

> All best wishes and warm regards,

>  

> Alan

>

> --- On Mon, 9/3/09, ironworker30601 <samuel.cole wrote:

>

>

> ironworker30601 <samuel.cole

> Re: Questions about arunachala , aham

>

> Monday, 9 March, 2009, 12:27 PM

>

dear alan. thanks for answering my questions. what is the difference in the

meditation experience while sitting on the mountain Arunachala compared to

elsewhere? is it easier?  warmest wishes, samuel

>  

> , Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...>

wrote:

> >

> > Dear Samuel,

> >  

> > Arunachala as the Divine Presence is in the Heart. Bhagavan affirmed  this

Knowledge without reservation from his own experience and for the benefit of his

Devotees.

> >  

> > All very best wishes and regards,

> >  

> > In His Grace,

> >  

> > Alan

> >

> > --- On Sun, 8/3/09, ironworker30601 samuel.cole@ ... wrote:

> >

> >

> > ironworker30601 samuel.cole@ ...

> > Re: Questions about arunachala ,

aham sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara

> >

> > Sunday, 8 March, 2009, 12:21 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > thanks alan! is the the divine Arunachala the same divine Self that is in my

Heart? warmest wishes, samuel

> >

> > , Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...>

wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Samuel,

> > >  

> > > I will try to answer your question, but I trust other members will also

add to what I have to say.

> > >  

> > > 1, Arunachala, is not only the form of a sacred mountain, Bhagavan

regarded it as the Divine in the shape or form of the mountain. Once this truth

is realised experientially, usually by visiting Tiruvannamalai, or reading

Sri Bhagavan' s great poem to Arunachala, the Marital Garland of Letters and

other verses, then that Power becomes a great friend and ally in your sadhana of

Self Enquiry, as does the Grace of the Self, God or Guru in your Heart. In this

way it is related to Self Enquiry.

> > >  

> > > 2. Aham Sphurana  is a throbbing or a pulsation of the Real I (Aham) in

your Heart, not the false I of the ego. The Real I is often written by Ramana as

I-I-I to demonstrate this continuously experienced emanation of the Real I or

Self in the Spiritual Heart. It was experienced by Bhagavan initially on the

right side of the chest, but it is really the formless ethereal spacelessness of

Pure Absolute Consiousness in the Spiritual Heart without a designated location.

Many Devotees receive inklings of this pulsation when they are persistent in

Self Enquiry and the Diving Into the Heart Practice. It signifies they are on

the right track, so it is related to Self Enquiry.

> > >  

> > > I trust this helps, but continue enquiring on this vital topic. We thank

you for your questions.

> > >  

> > > All best wishes and regards in your quest,

> > >  

> > > Yours in Bhagavan,

> > >  

> > > Alan .

> > >  

> > >

> > > --- On Thu, 5/3/09, ironworker30601 <samuel.cole@ ...> wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > > ironworker30601 <samuel.cole@ ...>

> > > questions about arunachala , aham

> > >

> > > Thursday, 5 March, 2009, 1:44 PM

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > dear friends.  i am new to the group and although i have read a few books

by sri ramana maharshi  i have a few questions: 

> > >

> > >

> > > how is the arunachala mountain related to the practice of atma vichara?  

> > >

> > > what is the nature of aham sphurana?

> > >

> > > how is it related to the practice atma vichara?

> > > thanks for any answers.   samuel 

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Samuel,

If it is at all possible for you to go, I think it would benefit your sadhana.

If you are able to go, please let me know and I will suggest persons who might help you if you have difficulties in any way. This year I am going from September 14 to Oct 31 and would be pleased to meet any of our satsangh members who will be there at that time.

All best wishes and regards,

Alan--- On Mon, 9/3/09, ironworker30601 <samuel.cole wrote:

ironworker30601 <samuel.cole Re: Questions about arunachala , aham sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara Date: Monday, 9 March, 2009, 10:41 PM

dear alan, how important do you think it is to make the pilgramage to arunachala? warmest wishes, samuel, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Samuel,> > There is a great deal of mysterious power in Arunachala which many people feel when they meditate there, which makes it easier. Whether it is lay lines, or the residual leavings of all the Sages and pilgrims who have meditated there, no one can be sure. Many say that its inner form is light, only the outer form is the mountain. It is a linga of Lord Shiva too, who descended on this spot in a column of fire. hence the red igneous rock, in a plateau mainly consisting of brown stones. We must also remember that

Bhagavan was there for over fifty years.> > All best wishes and warm regards,> > Alan> > --- On Mon, 9/3/09, ironworker30601 <samuel.cole@ ...> wrote:> > > ironworker30601 <samuel.cole@ ...>> Re: Questions about arunachala , aham sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara> > Monday, 9 March, 2009, 12:27 PM> > > > > > > > dear alan. thanks for answering my questions. what is the difference in the meditation experience while sitting on the mountain Arunachala compared to elsewhere? is it easier? warmest wishes,

samuel> > , Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:> >> > Dear Samuel,> > > > Arunachala as the Divine Presence is in the Heart. Bhagavan affirmed this Knowledge without reservation from his own experience and for the benefit of his Devotees.> > > > All very best wishes and regards,> > > > In His Grace,> > > > Alan > > > > --- On Sun, 8/3/09, ironworker30601 samuel.cole@ ... wrote:> > > > > > ironworker30601 samuel.cole@ ...> > Re: Questions about arunachala , aham sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara> > > > Sunday, 8 March, 2009, 12:21 AM> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > thanks alan! is the the divine Arunachala the same divine Self that is in my Heart? warmest wishes, samuel> > > > , Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:> > >> > > Dear Samuel,> > > > > > I will try to answer your question, but I trust other members will also add to what I have to say.> > > > > > 1, Arunachala, is not only the form of a sacred mountain, Bhagavan regarded it as the Divine in the shape or form of the mountain. Once this truth is realised experientially, usually by visiting Tiruvannamalai, or reading Sri Bhagavan' s great poem to Arunachala, the Marital Garland of Letters and other verses, then that Power becomes a great friend and ally in your sadhana of Self Enquiry, as does the Grace of the Self,

God or Guru in your Heart. In this way it is related to Self Enquiry.> > > > > > 2. Aham Sphurana is a throbbing or a pulsation of the Real I (Aham) in your Heart, not the false I of the ego. The Real I is often written by Ramana as I-I-I to demonstrate this continuously experienced emanation of the Real I or Self in the Spiritual Heart. It was experienced by Bhagavan initially on the right side of the chest, but it is really the formless ethereal spacelessness of Pure Absolute Consiousness in the Spiritual Heart without a designated location. Many Devotees receive inklings of this pulsation when they are persistent in Self Enquiry and the Diving Into the Heart Practice. It signifies they are on the right track, so it is related to Self Enquiry.> > > > > > I trust this helps, but continue enquiring on this vital topic. We thank you for your

questions.> > > > > > All best wishes and regards in your quest,> > > > > > Yours in Bhagavan,> > > > > > Alan .> > > > > > > > > --- On Thu, 5/3/09, ironworker30601 <samuel.cole@ ...> wrote:> > > > > > > > > ironworker30601 <samuel.cole@ ...>> > > questions about arunachala , aham sphurana, and relationships with atma vichara> > > > > > Thursday, 5 March, 2009, 1:44 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > dear friends. i am new to the group and although i have read a few books by sri ramana maharshi i have a few

questions: > > > > > > > > > how is the arunachala mountain related to the practice of atma vichara? > > > > > > what is the nature of aham sphurana? > > > > > > how is it related to the practice atma vichara? > > > thanks for any answers. samuel > > >> >>