IndiaDivine.org

A message from Swami Sadasivananda

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Alan and all,

I am, as all is, well in the Lord.

" No one reaches the highest without helping others

reach the heights. " Jesus in the Apocrophyl Gospels.

Bhagavan declared that all religions teach that

> " liberation " is the removal of 'pain'.

> This pain is not that common type which we easily inflict on

> others as well as ourselves, but rather the pain of

> separation from the embodiment of pure unselfish Love. We

> can try to limit it with names, be it the Self, God, All,

> That or It. As is so evident in the teachings of all that we

> hold most dear; what we seek is given, not achieved. An act

> of Grace. It is , however, within our grasp. If we would but

> prayerfully ask and seek for it. Could Bhagavan have been

> any more clear on this fact when he told Sri Muruganar:

>                

>            “If we perform sadhana to the limit

> of our abilities, the Lord will accomplish for us that which

> is beyond our capabilities. If we fail to do even that which

> is within our capabilities, there is not the slightest fault

> in the grace of the Lord.â€

>

>     (Padamalai, Teachings of Sri

> Ramana Maharshi Recorded by Muruganar, p. 186. (Reference is

> to Sri Ramana Jnana Bodham, vol. 8, verse 192).

>

>     Mother Anandamayi was much more direct, and I heard

> her say it (and was scared at the hearing). She repeated

> verbatim what Bhagavan said:

>

>     " One must bring one’s thoughts to bear on

> God. By long practice the mind is controlled and made

> steady.â€

> (Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi, recorded

> by Sri Munagala Venkataramiah, Sri Ramanashramam 2006, Talk

> 91 p. 89)

>

>

> Those who were sitting before her responded by being very

> (neo) Advaitic and said; " but we are already

> 'That'. To this Ma turned to Her attendants and

> said: " You see, I can do nothing with these

> people! "

>

>      OM OM OM

>

>      Swami Sadasivananda

>

>

Guest guest

Thank you, Alan, for sharing Swami Sadashivanandaji's thoughts with us.

This one hit home this morning when I opened it up and read it.

There is no greater gift than the gift of the Lord's love.

And no greater mystery than His dispensation of it even

when we falter in our steps.

In His Service and His Love,

( and wondering how I could possibly deserve it :-)

Radhe

-

Alan Jacobs

Saturday, March 21, 2009 11:47 PM

Dear Alan and all,I am, as all is, well in the Lord. "No one reaches the highest without helping othersreach the heights." Jesus in the Apocrophyl Gospels. Bhagavan declared that all religions teach that> "liberation" is the removal of 'pain'.> This pain is not that common type which we easily inflict on> others as well as ourselves, but rather the pain of> separation from the embodiment of pure unselfish Love. We> can try to limit it with names, be it the Self, God, All,> That or It. As is so evident in the teachings of all that we> hold most dear; what we seek is given, not achieved. An act> of Grace. It is , however, within our grasp. If we would but> prayerfully ask and seek for it. Could Bhagavan have been> any more clear on this fact when he told Sri Muruganar:> > “If we perform sadhana to the limit> of our abilities, the Lord will accomplish for us that which> is beyond our capabilities. If we fail to do even that which> is within our capabilities, there is not the slightest fault> in the grace of the Lord.â€> > (Padamalai, Teachings of Sri> Ramana Maharshi Recorded by Muruganar, p. 186. (Reference is> to Sri Ramana Jnana Bodham, vol. 8, verse 192).> > Mother Anandamayi was much more direct, and I heard> her say it (and was scared at the hearing). She repeated> verbatim what Bhagavan said: > > "One must bring one’s thoughts to bear on> God. By long practice the mind is controlled and made> steady.â€> (Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi, recorded> by Sri Munagala Venkataramiah, Sri Ramanashramam 2006, Talk> 91 p. 89)> > > Those who were sitting before her responded by being very> (neo) Advaitic and said; "but we are already> 'That'. To this Ma turned to Her attendants and> said: "You see, I can do nothing with these> people!" > > OM OM OM > > Swami Sadasivananda> >

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.11.22/2015 - Release 03/20/09 19:01:00

Guest guest

Dear Rhade,

Yes he is a great gift to us , as he is willing to answer members e mail if they need advice, and he can be seen at the Ashram. Thirty years spent in Ananda Mayi Ma Ashram! Bhagavan's Grace indeed.

Love,

Alan --- On Sun, 22/3/09, Radhe <shaantih wrote:

Radhe <shaantihRe: A message from Swami Sadasivananda Date: Sunday, 22 March, 2009, 10:32 PM

Thank you, Alan, for sharing Swami Sadashivanandaji' s thoughts with us.

This one hit home this morning when I opened it up and read it.

There is no greater gift than the gift of the Lord's love.

And no greater mystery than His dispensation of it even

when we falter in our steps.

In His Service and His Love,

( and wondering how I could possibly deserve it :-)

Radhe

-

Alan Jacobs

Saturday, March 21, 2009 11:47 PM

Dear Alan and all,I am, as all is, well in the Lord. "No one reaches the highest without helping othersreach the heights." Jesus in the Apocrophyl Gospels. Bhagavan declared that all religions teach that> "liberation" is the removal of 'pain'.> This pain is not that common type which we easily inflict on> others as well as ourselves, but rather the pain of> separation from the embodiment of pure unselfish Love. We> can try to limit it with names, be it the Self, God, All,> That or It. As is so evident in the teachings of all that we> hold most dear; what we seek is given, not achieved. An act> of Grace. It is , however, within our grasp. If we would but> prayerfully ask and seek for it. Could Bhagavan have been> any more clear on this fact when he told Sri Muruganar:>

> “If we perform sadhana to the limit> of our abilities, the Lord will accomplish for us that which> is beyond our capabilities. If we fail to do even that which> is within our capabilities, there is not the slightest fault> in the grace of the Lord.â€> > (Padamalai, Teachings of Sri> Ramana Maharshi Recorded by Muruganar, p. 186. (Reference is> to Sri Ramana Jnana Bodham, vol. 8, verse 192).> > Mother Anandamayi was much more direct, and I heard> her say it (and was scared at the hearing). She repeated> verbatim what Bhagavan said: > > "One must bring one’s thoughts to bear on> God. By long practice the mind is controlled and

made> steady.â€> (Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi, recorded> by Sri Munagala Venkataramiah, Sri Ramanashramam 2006, Talk> 91 p. 89)> > > Those who were sitting before her responded by being very> (neo) Advaitic and said; "but we are already> 'That'. To this Ma turned to Her attendants and> said: "You see, I can do nothing with these> people!" > > OM OM OM > > Swami Sadasivananda> >

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.11.22/2015 - Release 03/20/09 19:01:00