IndiaDivine.org

The Mystical Maya

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear All ,

Pranams . Just wanted to share a wonderful story on MAYA .. hope you like it .

This is from the Narada Bhakti Sutras .

ramesh

The Mystical Maya

In Devi Bhagwata Purana, it is mentioned that once Narada asked Vishnu about the secret nature of Maya (Illusion).

“What is Maya?†asked Narada.

“The world is my Maya. He who accepts this, realizes me,†said Vishnu.

“Before I explain, will you fetch me some water?†requested the Lord pointing to a river.

Narada did as he was told. But on his way back, he saw a beautiful woman. Smitten by her beauty, he begged the woman to marry him. She agreed.

Narada built a house for his wife on the banks of the river. She bore him many children. Loved by his wife, adored by his sons and daughters, Narada forgot all about his mission to fetch water for Vishnu.

In time, Narada’s children had children of their own. Surrounded by his grandchildren, Narada felt happy and secure. Nothing could go wrong.

Suddenly, dark clouds enveloped the sky. There was thunder, lightning, and rain. The river overflowed, broke its banks and washed away Narada’s house, drowning everyone he loved, everything he possessed. Narada himself was swept away by the river.

“Help, help. Somebody please help me,†he cried. Vishnu immediately stretched out his hand and pulled Narada out of the water.

Back in Vaikuntha, Vishnu asked, “Where is my water?â€

“How can you be so remorseless? How can you ask me for water when I have lost my entire family?â€

Vishnu smiled. “Calm down, Narada. Tell me, where did your family come from? From Me. I am the only reality, the only entity in the cosmos that is eternal and unchanging. Everything else is an illusion – a mirage, constantly slipping out of one’s grasp.â€

“You, my greatest devotee, knew that. Yet, enchanted by the pleasures of worldly life, you forgot all about me. You deluded yourself into believing that your world and your life were all that mattered and nothing else was of any consequence. As per your perspective, the material world was infallible, invulnerable, perfect. That is Maya.â€

Thus Vishnu dispelled Narada’s illusion, bringing him back to the realm of reality and making him comprehend the power of Maya over man.

Guest guest

Namaste Ramesh-ji

thank you for your contributions, especially for those like this one!

these "stories" and the story-telling action bring indeed LIGHT even in the "darkest periods"

lets never forget the wonderful message

your contribution in this way is wonderful - at least for naive ignorants like

michael

the fool

oiwawoi

-

ramesh chivukula

Sunday, March 22, 2009 5:14 PM

The Mystical Maya

Dear All ,

ramesh

The Mystical Maya

In Devi Bhagwata Purana, it is mentioned that once Narada asked Vishnu about the secret nature of Maya (Illusion).

“Before I explain, will you fetch me some water?†requested the Lord pointing to a river.

Narada did as he was told. But on his way back, he saw a beautiful woman. Smitten by her beauty, he begged the woman to marry him. She agreed.

Narada built a house for his wife on the banks of the river. She bore him many children. Loved by his wife, adored by his sons and daughters, Narada forgot all about his mission to fetch water for Vishnu.

In time, Narada’s children had children of their own. Surrounded by his grandchildren, Narada felt happy and secure. Nothing could go wrong.

Suddenly, dark clouds enveloped the sky. There was thunder, lightning, and rain. The river overflowed, broke its banks and washed away Narada’s house, drowning everyone he loved, everything he possessed. Narada himself was swept away by the river.

“Help, help. Somebody please help me,†he cried. Vishnu immediately stretched out his hand and pulled Narada out of the water.

“How can you be so remorseless? How can you ask me for water when I have lost my entire family?â€

Vishnu smiled. “Calm down, Narada. Tell me, where did your family come from? From Me. I am the only reality, the only entity in the cosmos that is eternal and unchanging. Everything else is an illusion – a mirage, constantly slipping out of one’s grasp.â€

“You, my greatest devotee, knew that. Yet, enchanted by the pleasures of worldly life, you forgot all about me. You deluded yourself into believing that your world and your life were all that mattered and nothing else was of any consequence. As per your perspective, the material world was infallible, invulnerable, perfect. That is Maya.â€

Thus Vishnu dispelled Narada’s illusion, bringing him back to the realm of reality and making him comprehend the power of Maya over man.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.11.23/2016 - Release 03/21/09 17:58:00

Guest guest

Thanks, Rameshiji, for the stories. I love stories.

Next time I get my cellphone bill I will send it to Him!!!

-

ramesh chivukula

Sunday, March 22, 2009 12:14 PM

The Mystical Maya

Dear All ,

ramesh

The Mystical Maya

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.11.23/2016 - Release 03/21/09 17:58:00

Guest guest

Dear Radheji,

Glad you like it .. this is one of my favourites .. but the story is as such incomplete.

Another Sage added this : The whole episode of Narada falling in love , marrying ,

living in samsara and then losing his whole family .. is supposed to have occured

in one BLINKING MOMENT ! That is TIME for you !!!

Pranams

ramesh

--- On Mon, 3/23/09, Radhe <shaantih wrote:

Radhe <shaantihRe: The Mystical Maya Date: Monday, March 23, 2009, 4:08 AM

Thanks, Rameshiji, for the stories. I love stories.

Next time I get my cellphone bill I will send it to Him!!!

-

ramesh chivukula

Sunday, March 22, 2009 12:14 PM

The Mystical Maya

Dear All ,

ramesh

The Mystical Maya