IndiaDivine.org

Autobiography in Five Chapters

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

(The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche, a living on Tibetian Buddhist Master )

Chapter One

I walk down the street.There is a deep hole in the pavement.I fall in.I am lost... I am hopeless.It isn't my fault.It takes forever to find a way out.Chapter TwoI walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the pavement.I pretend I don't see it.I can't believe I'm in the same place.But it isn't my fault.It still takes a long time to get out.Chapter ThreeI walk down the same streetThere is a deep hole in the pavement.I see it is there.I still fall in…. it is a habit.My eyes are open.I know where I am.It is my fault.I get out immediately.Chapter FourI walk down the same streetI see a deep hole in the pavementI walk round itChapter FiveI walk down another street

Guest guest

, ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chiv wrote:

>

> Autobiography in Five Chapters

>

> (The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying  by Sogyal Rinpoche, a living on

Tibetian Buddhist Master )

>

> Chapter One

> I walk down the street.

> There is a deep hole in the pavement.

> I fall in.

> I am lost... I am hopeless.

> It isn't my fault.

> It takes forever to find a way out.

>

> Chapter Two

> I walk down the same street.

> I pretend I don't see it.

> I can't believe I'm in the same place.

> But it isn't my fault.

> It still takes a long time to get out.

>

> Chapter Three

> I walk down the same street

> I see it is there.

> I still fall in…. it is a habit.

> My eyes are open.

> I know where I am.

> It is my fault.

> I get out immediately.

>

> Chapter Four

> I walk down the same street

> I see a deep hole in the pavement

> I walk round it

>

> Chapter Five

> I walk down another street

>  

>

>Dr.Raju wrote,

Dear Ramesh,very nice post showing the various stages of a truth

seeker.

Thank you so much.

Guest guest

Thank you sir , please do read the book if you have not yet done so .

It is full of practical wisdom even while dealing with very heavy subjects

like Death.

Pranams

ramesh

--- On Mon, 3/23/09, drrajunsp <drrajunsp wrote:

drrajunsp <drrajunsp Re: Autobiography in Five Chapters Date: Monday, March 23, 2009, 12:43 PM

, ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chiv@ ...> wrote:>> Autobiography in Five Chapters> > (The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche, a living on Tibetian Buddhist Master )> > Chapter One> I walk down the street.> There is a deep hole in the pavement.> I fall in.> I am lost... I am hopeless.> It isn't my fault.> It takes forever to find a way out.> > Chapter Two> I walk down the same street. > There is a deep hole in the pavement.> I pretend I don't see it.> I can't believe I'm in the same place.> But it isn't my fault.> It still takes a long time to get out.> > Chapter

Three> I walk down the same street> There is a deep hole in the pavement.> I see it is there.> I still fall in…. it is a habit.> My eyes are open.> I know where I am.> It is my fault.> I get out immediately.> > Chapter Four> I walk down the same street> I see a deep hole in the pavement> I walk round it> > Chapter Five> I walk down another street>  >>Dr.Raju wrote,Dear Ramesh,very nice post showing the various stages of a truth seeker.Thank you so much.

Guest guest

That's a lovely and insightful poem. It's written by Portia Nelson, by the way, not Sogyal Rinpoche.

Best wishes,

Peter

On Behalf Of ramesh chivukula23 March 2009 05:10 Subject: Autobiography in Five Chapters

(The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche, a living on Tibetian Buddhist Master )

<snip>

Guest guest

Thanks for the correction .. Master Sogyal Rinpoche must have quoted Portia Nelson

in his book , because that is where I read that poem .

Pranams

ramesh

--- On Mon, 3/23/09, Peter <not_2 wrote:

Peter <not_2RE: Autobiography in Five Chapters Date: Monday, March 23, 2009, 2:49 PM

That's a lovely and insightful poem. It's written by Portia Nelson, by the way, not Sogyal Rinpoche.

Best wishes,

Peter

[HarshaSatsa ngh ] On Behalf Of ramesh chivukula23 March 2009 05:10 Autobiography in Five Chapters

<snip>