IndiaDivine.org

Adversity

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Shakespeare said " Sweet are the uses of adversity which like the toad , ugly and venomous wears yet a precious jewel on its head "..

During these days of economic downturn .. many of us may have been affected .

We can however use it to our advantage .. by dwelling more within and readjusting our

priorities ..Some of us may find more spare time which we can devote to Sadana..

It is also a time when our devotion and faith are put to test ? Do we emerge stronger or do

we go crazy ?

With HIS grace , it is all okay as it is .

Any thoughts ?

Pranams

ramesh

Guest guest

Dear Ramesh,

I quite agree with your approach to current woes and suffering. I like your quote from Sheiks Pir too.

I have written an article on Luthar.com called Reincarnation, Karma, and Suffering which attempts to address these recurring problems on a world scale. Ramana assures Devotees in his promises and affirmations in Padamalai that he protects his Devotees, so we should not worry or fear, but place all our burdens on Him, God or the Self, and as you imply, rely on the abundance of His Grace.

All love,

In His Grace,

Alan--- On Tue, 24/3/09, ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chiv wrote:

ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chiv Adversity Date: Tuesday, 24 March, 2009, 4:23 AM

Shakespeare said " Sweet are the uses of adversity which like the toad , ugly and venomous wears yet a precious jewel on its head "..

We can however use it to our advantage .. by dwelling more within and readjusting our

priorities ..Some of us may find more spare time which we can devote to Sadana..

It is also a time when our devotion and faith are put to test ? Do we emerge stronger or do

we go crazy ?

Any thoughts ?

Pranams

ramesh

Guest guest

Dear Alan ,

I just read your article on Luther.com.. Very apt ! Suffering does become benign when

we are in a state of Acceptance ! I can vouch for it from my own experience having undergone two very critical spinal surgeries ! Never did I feel lost or OUT of GRACE !

Pranams

ramesh

--- On Tue, 3/24/09, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobsRe: Adversity Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 10:10 AM

Dear Ramesh,

I quite agree with your approach to current woes and suffering. I like your quote from Sheiks Pir too.

I have written an article on Luthar.com called Reincarnation, Karma, and Suffering which attempts to address these recurring problems on a world scale. Ramana assures Devotees in his promises and affirmations in Padamalai that he protects his Devotees, so we should not worry or fear, but place all our burdens on Him, God or the Self, and as you imply, rely on the abundance of His Grace.

All love,

In His Grace,

Alan--- On Tue, 24/3/09, ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chiv@ > wrote:

ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chiv@ > AdversityTuesday, 24 March, 2009, 4:23 AM

we go crazy ?

Any thoughts ?

Pranams

ramesh

Guest guest

Dear Ramesh,

I am glad you agree with the article- it reassures me that I am on the right track.

All love,

In His boundless Grace,

Alan --- On Tue, 24/3/09, ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chiv wrote:

ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chivRe: Adversity Date: Tuesday, 24 March, 2009, 5:01 AM

Dear Alan ,

I just read your article on Luther.com.. Very apt ! Suffering does become benign when

we are in a state of Acceptance ! I can vouch for it from my own experience having undergone two very critical spinal surgeries ! Never did I feel lost or OUT of GRACE !

Pranams

ramesh

--- On Tue, 3/24/09, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk> wrote:

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk>Re: AdversityTuesday, March 24, 2009, 10:10 AM

Dear Ramesh,

All love,

In His Grace,

Alan--- On Tue, 24/3/09, ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chiv@ > wrote:

ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chiv@ > AdversityTuesday, 24 March, 2009, 4:23 AM

we go crazy ?

Any thoughts ?

Pranams

ramesh

Guest guest

Namaste Ramesh

who can not agree?

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

-

ramesh chivukula

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:23 AM

Adversity

we go crazy ?

Any thoughts ?

Pranams

ramesh

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.11.24/2018 - Release 03/23/09 06:52:00