IndiaDivine.org

Lead Kindly light by John Henry Newman

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lead Kindly Light

Lead, Kindly Light, amid the encircling gloom,Lead Thou me on!The night is dark, and I am far from home --Lead Thou me on!Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to seeThe distant scene, -- one step enough for me.I was not ever thus, nor pray'd that ThouShould'st lead me on.I loved to choose and see my path; but nowLead Thou me on!I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,Pride ruled my will: remember not past years.So long Thy power hath blest me, sure it stillWill lead me on,O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, tillThe night is gone;And with the morn those angel faces smileWhich I have loved long since, and lost awhile. John Henry Newman

Guest guest

This is beautiful, Ramesh. Definitely one to print out and keep near to hand.

Best wishes

Peter

On Behalf Of ramesh chivukula24 March 2009 11:32 Subject: Lead Kindly light by John Henry Newman

Lead Kindly Light

Lead, Kindly Light, amid the encircling gloom,Lead Thou me on!The night is dark, and I am far from home --Lead Thou me on!Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to seeThe distant scene, -- one step enough for me.I was not ever thus, nor pray'd that ThouShould'st lead me on.I loved to choose and see my path; but nowLead Thou me on!I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,Pride ruled my will: remember not past years.So long Thy power hath blest me, sure it stillWill lead me on,O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, tillThe night is gone;And with the morn those angel faces smileWhich I have loved long since, and lost awhile. John Henry Newman

Guest guest

Yes it is . I still adore the teacher who taught me this poem in school about 35 years ago !

--- On Tue, 3/24/09, Peter <not_2 wrote:

Peter <not_2RE: Lead Kindly light by John Henry Newman Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 5:07 PM

This is beautiful, Ramesh. Definitely one to print out and keep near to hand.

Best wishes

Peter

[HarshaSatsa ngh ] On Behalf Of ramesh chivukula24 March 2009 11:32 Lead Kindly light by John Henry Newman

Lead Kindly Light