IndiaDivine.org

Intro and Greetings...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello I am delighted to find a group dedicated to Bhagavan Ramana Maharsi...

I would like to share how I came to know of him....

------------------

I was born on August 22, 1949, at 8:37 a.m., in Trinidad, Colorado, USA.

At the age of 7 months (between March 22 and April 22 1950), I was in a

terrible automobile accident.

Bhagavan passed from this plane April 14, 1950.

The State of Arizona doesn't keep highway accident records for longer than 7

years, and the Hospital is

no longer in existence, but my Mother now aged 83, knows that I was 7 months

old.

My Mother was driving a car to reunite with my father in California. I was

accompanied by my older brother

and was in the lap of my Mothers friend.

Mother lost control of the vehicle, and it crashed and turned over about six

times. This was right outside of Kingman

Arizona. I was thrown from the car and my entire skull was completely crushed

on a fencepost.

My Mother, though injured herself, heard me crying and somehow

found me in the dark. They didn't expect me to live. My Mother said you could

put your entire fist into the

cavity that had been my head. After several days they were amazed, in that my

entire skull

somehow had returned to its former shape, the Dr.'s explained to my Mother it

was because I was so young my skull

hadn't finished firming up since birth, otherwise they felt I would never have

lived.

I have " ZERO " memories of my early childhood. I am told I was very

introspective and had imaginary friends that I spoke

and played with, exclusively. My earliest memories are about the age of 4 or 5.

I have always been almost completely deaf.

I was and am what we used to call, " painfully shy " .

I was raised in a rather strict fundamentalist Christian belief. By the

time I was 20, I was in the full swing of " debauchery, depravity and disco's "

and enjoying the life of USA in the " 70's " .

then...

My introduction to Sri Ramana Maharsi is a wondrous story to me. Yet I have

noticed over the years

that it's miracle can only be appreciated by a few, I am so saddened. Please

let me share...

I was living and working on Cape Cod in the early 1970's. In a wonderful

little Portuguese/American fishing village

called Provincetown, Massachusetts. The little town depended entirely on the

proceeds of the yearly tourist season to keep in afloat

throughout the year. Now understand this please....this is key..

The town of Provincetown could " NOT, NOT, NOT " function without it's handy

little laundromat that every waiter and

waitress needed, for clean uniforms. Thus the Laundromat was always open. 24

hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year....period.

I truly feel if you had tried to close it the people would have revolted.

Well one day I went to do my laundry and get ready for work, I was a waiter.

I went to the laundry and was gaberflasted that it was closed AND locked.

Looking around for moral support for my outrage and a witness I realized there

was no one around...period.

The streets were desserted, It was like a ghost town. But there propped up

against the front door of the the

laundry was a small tome. " Who Am I "

I took the book and had an immediate feeling that it was intended " FOR " me.

I read Bhagavan's book and kept it with me for years of travel, travail and

struggles.

Though I never felt that Bhagavan's methods were exactly for me, I always

considered Him to be

my confidant, best friend, support.

Strangely, Bhagavan, his message, his face, and an innate familiarity remained

and

grew within me. I only now realize he has been with me all along...

God, bless the day You allowed one wisp, one thought of Him, to root and

flourish within my soul.

Now as I am approaching my own passing my precious Lord has seen fit to bless me

with

his presence. I'm not a righteous man nor a Holy one, I am not even a very

likable one.

So God's grace is doubly difficult for me because I feel so unworthy. In my mind

my wretched

existence shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Sri Bhagavan.

Yet Bhagavan is teaching me that there are things I don't understand and to

trust him....

so I do. I might also add there is " no thing " or " one " in the Multiverse except

Him and my God

that I so trust.

Each day he welcomes me anew.

I can only refrain from total obliteration by clinging to him. The thought and

pressence of him

are so powerful that I feel dangerously close to being smashed against the

walls... I didn't know such love was

possible. One instant of that Love made it ALL worthwhile. I KNOW you know what

i mean.

I relish the conflict between what my rational mind says can be and what

Bhagavan is teaching me.

I have a longing for Aranachala that is irrational. I even " know " where I

belong there...in my heart's eye.

Though Vienna is the closest I ever got to India .... sigh, yet...

I have the truly wonderful story of how Bhagavan recently " Got " my attention. I

had asked God for some help...I was more or less...HOPELESSLY LOST....

and was going through one of my doubting periods.

Passing through my room, which I have done perhaps 20,000 times, at the precise

moment of my anguished plea for help to God,

Bhagavan's picture (glass, frame, photo et al) flew from off a high shelf, at my

feet, a fall of over 8 feet, yet the glass didn't break.

but that is another story...

d

--------

Guest guest

Dear Doverbay,

A warm and hearty welcome to our Group! We do hope you will benefit from the postings and that you will also contribute.

Your story is indeed miraculous and a wonderful story of Sri Bhagavan's boundless Grace. Thank you for sharing it with us. Many Devotees find miracles around their coming to Bhagavan, and when following his Teaching earnestly.

No Devotee should ever feel they are wretched or unworthy. Once they are received into his orbit, the sadhana proceeds under his merciful guidance, and all will be well.

With every best wish and warm regards,

Yours in Bhagavan,

Alan Jacobs,

Moderator.

--- On Fri, 27/3/09, doverbay <doverbay wrote:

doverbay <doverbay Intro and Greetings... Date: Friday, 27 March, 2009, 1:40 AM

Hello I am delighted to find a group dedicated to Bhagavan Ramana Maharsi...I would like to share how I came to know of him....------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---I was born on August 22, 1949, at 8:37 a.m., in Trinidad, Colorado, USA.At the age of 7 months (between March 22 and April 22 1950), I was in a terrible automobile accident.Bhagavan passed from this plane April 14, 1950.The State of Arizona doesn't keep highway accident records for longer than 7 years, and the Hospital isno longer in existence, but my Mother now aged 83, knows that I was 7 months old.My Mother was driving a car to reunite with my father in California. I was accompanied by my older brotherand was in the lap of my Mothers friend.Mother lost control of the vehicle, and it crashed and turned over about six times. This was right outside of KingmanArizona. I was thrown from the car and my entire

skull was completely crushed on a fencepost. My Mother, though injured herself, heard me crying and somehowfound me in the dark. They didn't expect me to live. My Mother said you could put your entire fist into thecavity that had been my head. After several days they were amazed, in that my entire skullsomehow had returned to its former shape, the Dr.'s explained to my Mother it was because I was so young my skullhadn't finished firming up since birth, otherwise they felt I would never have lived.I have "ZERO" memories of my early childhood. I am told I was very introspective and had imaginary friends that I spokeand played with, exclusively. My earliest memories are about the age of 4 or 5. I have always been almost completely deaf.I was and am what we used to call, "painfully shy".I was raised in a rather strict fundamentalist Christian belief. By thetime I was 20, I was in the full swing of "debauchery,

depravity and disco's" and enjoying the life of USA in the "70's".then...My introduction to Sri Ramana Maharsi is a wondrous story to me. Yet I have noticed over the yearsthat it's miracle can only be appreciated by a few, I am so saddened. Please let me share...I was living and working on Cape Cod in the early 1970's. In a wonderful little Portuguese/American fishing villagecalled Provincetown, Massachusetts. The little town depended entirely on the proceeds of the yearly tourist season to keep in afloatthroughout the year. Now understand this please....this is key..The town of Provincetown could "NOT, NOT, NOT" function without it's handy little laundromat that every waiter andwaitress needed, for clean uniforms. Thus the Laundromat was always open. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year....period.I truly feel if you had tried to close it the people would have revolted. Well one day I went to do

my laundry and get ready for work, I was a waiter.I went to the laundry and was gaberflasted that it was closed AND locked. Looking around for moral support for my outrage and a witness I realized there was no one around...period.The streets were desserted, It was like a ghost town. But there propped up against the front door of the the laundry was a small tome. "Who Am I" I took the book and had an immediate feeling that it was intended "FOR" me.I read Bhagavan's book and kept it with me for years of travel, travail and struggles.Though I never felt that Bhagavan's methods were exactly for me, I always considered Him to bemy confidant, best friend, support.Strangely, Bhagavan, his message, his face, and an innate familiarity remained andgrew within me. I only now realize he has been with me all along...God, bless the day You allowed one wisp, one thought of Him, to root andflourish within my

soul.Now as I am approaching my own passing my precious Lord has seen fit to bless me withhis presence. I'm not a righteous man nor a Holy one, I am not even a very likable one.So God's grace is doubly difficult for me because I feel so unworthy. In my mind my wretchedexistence shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Sri Bhagavan.Yet Bhagavan is teaching me that there are things I don't understand and to trust him....so I do. I might also add there is "no thing" or "one" in the Multiverse except Him and my Godthat I so trust.Each day he welcomes me anew.I can only refrain from total obliteration by clinging to him. The thought and pressence of himare so powerful that I feel dangerously close to being smashed against the walls... I didn't know such love waspossible. One instant of that Love made it ALL worthwhile. I KNOW you know what i mean.I relish the conflict between what my

rational mind says can be and what Bhagavan is teaching me.I have a longing for Aranachala that is irrational. I even "know" where I belong there...in my heart's eye.Though Vienna is the closest I ever got to India .... sigh, yet...I have the truly wonderful story of how Bhagavan recently "Got" my attention. I had asked God for some help...I was more or less...HOPELESSLY LOST....and was going through one of my doubting periods.Passing through my room, which I have done perhaps 20,000 times, at the precise moment of my anguished plea for help to God,Bhagavan's picture (glass, frame, photo et al) flew from off a high shelf, at my feet, a fall of over 8 feet, yet the glass didn't break. but that is another story...d------------ --------- --------- --------- --

Guest guest

Dear Doverbay ,

Welcome to our group .. am also a relatively new member .. Al that I can say is that one finds in this group every encouragement possible to go through with one's Sadhana with much ease even amidst the wordly distractions .. Bhagawan's aura of protection surrounds us all !

Pranams

ramesh

--- On Fri, 3/27/09, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobsRe: Intro and Greetings... Date: Friday, March 27, 2009, 9:50 AM

Dear Doverbay,

A warm and hearty welcome to our Group! We do hope you will benefit from the postings and that you will also contribute.

Your story is indeed miraculous and a wonderful story of Sri Bhagavan's boundless Grace. Thank you for sharing it with us. Many Devotees find miracles around their coming to Bhagavan, and when following his Teaching earnestly.

No Devotee should ever feel they are wretched or unworthy. Once they are received into his orbit, the sadhana proceeds under his merciful guidance, and all will be well.

With every best wish and warm regards,

Yours in Bhagavan,

Alan Jacobs,

Moderator.

--- On Fri, 27/3/09, doverbay <doverbay > wrote:

doverbay <doverbay > Intro and Greetings...Friday, 27 March, 2009, 1:40 AM

Hello I am delighted to find a group dedicated to Bhagavan Ramana Maharsi...I would like to share how I came to know of him....------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---I was born on August 22, 1949, at 8:37 a.m., in Trinidad, Colorado, USA.At the age of 7 months (between March 22 and April 22 1950), I was in a terrible automobile accident.Bhagavan passed from this plane April 14, 1950.The State of Arizona doesn't keep highway accident records for longer than 7 years, and the Hospital isno longer in existence, but my Mother now aged 83, knows that I was 7 months old.My Mother was driving a car to reunite with my father in California. I was accompanied by my older brotherand was in the lap of my Mothers friend.Mother lost control of the vehicle, and it crashed and turned over about six times. This was right outside of KingmanArizona. I was thrown from the car and my entire

skull was completely crushed on a fencepost. My Mother, though injured herself, heard me crying and somehowfound me in the dark. They didn't expect me to live. My Mother said you could put your entire fist into thecavity that had been my head. After several days they were amazed, in that my entire skullsomehow had returned to its former shape, the Dr.'s explained to my Mother it was because I was so young my skullhadn't finished firming up since birth, otherwise they felt I would never have lived.I have "ZERO" memories of my early childhood. I am told I was very introspective and had imaginary friends that I spokeand played with, exclusively. My earliest memories are about the age of 4 or 5. I have always been almost completely deaf.I was and am what we used to call, "painfully shy".I was raised in a rather strict fundamentalist Christian belief. By thetime I was 20, I was in the full swing of "debauchery,

depravity and disco's" and enjoying the life of USA in the "70's".then...My introduction to Sri Ramana Maharsi is a wondrous story to me. Yet I have noticed over the yearsthat it's miracle can only be appreciated by a few, I am so saddened. Please let me share...I was living and working on Cape Cod in the early 1970's. In a wonderful little Portuguese/American fishing villagecalled Provincetown, Massachusetts. The little town depended entirely on the proceeds of the yearly tourist season to keep in afloatthroughout the year. Now understand this please....this is key..The town of Provincetown could "NOT, NOT, NOT" function without it's handy little laundromat that every waiter andwaitress needed, for clean uniforms. Thus the Laundromat was always open. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year....period.I truly feel if you had tried to close it the people would have revolted. Well one day I went to do

my laundry and get ready for work, I was a waiter.I went to the laundry and was gaberflasted that it was closed AND locked. Looking around for moral support for my outrage and a witness I realized there was no one around...period.The streets were desserted, It was like a ghost town. But there propped up against the front door of the the laundry was a small tome. "Who Am I" I took the book and had an immediate feeling that it was intended "FOR" me.I read Bhagavan's book and kept it with me for years of travel, travail and struggles.Though I never felt that Bhagavan's methods were exactly for me, I always considered Him to bemy confidant, best friend, support.Strangely, Bhagavan, his message, his face, and an innate familiarity remained andgrew within me. I only now realize he has been with me all along...God, bless the day You allowed one wisp, one thought of Him, to root andflourish within my

soul.Now as I am approaching my own passing my precious Lord has seen fit to bless me withhis presence. I'm not a righteous man nor a Holy one, I am not even a very likable one.So God's grace is doubly difficult for me because I feel so unworthy. In my mind my wretchedexistence shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Sri Bhagavan.Yet Bhagavan is teaching me that there are things I don't understand and to trust him....so I do. I might also add there is "no thing" or "one" in the Multiverse except Him and my Godthat I so trust.Each day he welcomes me anew.I can only refrain from total obliteration by clinging to him. The thought and pressence of himare so powerful that I feel dangerously close to being smashed against the walls... I didn't know such love waspossible. One instant of that Love made it ALL worthwhile. I KNOW you know what i mean.I relish the conflict between what my

rational mind says can be and what Bhagavan is teaching me.I have a longing for Aranachala that is irrational. I even "know" where I belong there...in my heart's eye.Though Vienna is the closest I ever got to India .... sigh, yet...I have the truly wonderful story of how Bhagavan recently "Got" my attention. I had asked God for some help...I was more or less...HOPELESSLY LOST....and was going through one of my doubting periods.Passing through my room, which I have done perhaps 20,000 times, at the precise moment of my anguished plea for help to God,Bhagavan's picture (glass, frame, photo et al) flew from off a high shelf, at my feet, a fall of over 8 feet, yet the glass didn't break. but that is another story...d------------ --------- --------- --------- --

Guest guest

Welcome on board

Dear Doverbay

thank you for your openhearted introduction

on board are some really, without exagarating, wonderful humans who are able to assist you

And please note

there are never silly questions...

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

-

doverbay

Friday, March 27, 2009 2:40 AM

Intro and Greetings...

Hello I am delighted to find a group dedicated to Bhagavan Ramana Maharsi...I would like to share how I came to know of him....------------------I was born on August 22, 1949, at 8:37 a.m., in Trinidad, Colorado, USA.At the age of 7 months (between March 22 and April 22 1950), I was in a terrible automobile accident.Bhagavan passed from this plane April 14, 1950.The State of Arizona doesn't keep highway accident records for longer than 7 years, and the Hospital isno longer in existence, but my Mother now aged 83, knows that I was 7 months old.My Mother was driving a car to reunite with my father in California. I was accompanied by my older brotherand was in the lap of my Mothers friend.Mother lost control of the vehicle, and it crashed and turned over about six times. This was right outside of KingmanArizona. I was thrown from the car and my entire skull was completely crushed on a fencepost. My Mother, though injured herself, heard me crying and somehowfound me in the dark. They didn't expect me to live. My Mother said you could put your entire fist into thecavity that had been my head. After several days they were amazed, in that my entire skullsomehow had returned to its former shape, the Dr.'s explained to my Mother it was because I was so young my skullhadn't finished firming up since birth, otherwise they felt I would never have lived.I have "ZERO" memories of my early childhood. I am told I was very introspective and had imaginary friends that I spokeand played with, exclusively. My earliest memories are about the age of 4 or 5. I have always been almost completely deaf.I was and am what we used to call, "painfully shy".I was raised in a rather strict fundamentalist Christian belief. By thetime I was 20, I was in the full swing of "debauchery, depravity and disco's" and enjoying the life of USA in the "70's".then...My introduction to Sri Ramana Maharsi is a wondrous story to me. Yet I have noticed over the yearsthat it's miracle can only be appreciated by a few, I am so saddened. Please let me share...I was living and working on Cape Cod in the early 1970's. In a wonderful little Portuguese/American fishing villagecalled Provincetown, Massachusetts. The little town depended entirely on the proceeds of the yearly tourist season to keep in afloatthroughout the year. Now understand this please....this is key..The town of Provincetown could "NOT, NOT, NOT" function without it's handy little laundromat that every waiter andwaitress needed, for clean uniforms. Thus the Laundromat was always open. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year....period.I truly feel if you had tried to close it the people would have revolted. Well one day I went to do my laundry and get ready for work, I was a waiter.I went to the laundry and was gaberflasted that it was closed AND locked. Looking around for moral support for my outrage and a witness I realized there was no one around...period.The streets were desserted, It was like a ghost town. But there propped up against the front door of the the laundry was a small tome. "Who Am I" I took the book and had an immediate feeling that it was intended "FOR" me.I read Bhagavan's book and kept it with me for years of travel, travail and struggles.Though I never felt that Bhagavan's methods were exactly for me, I always considered Him to bemy confidant, best friend, support.Strangely, Bhagavan, his message, his face, and an innate familiarity remained andgrew within me. I only now realize he has been with me all along...God, bless the day You allowed one wisp, one thought of Him, to root andflourish within my soul.Now as I am approaching my own passing my precious Lord has seen fit to bless me withhis presence. I'm not a righteous man nor a Holy one, I am not even a very likable one.So God's grace is doubly difficult for me because I feel so unworthy. In my mind my wretchedexistence shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Sri Bhagavan.Yet Bhagavan is teaching me that there are things I don't understand and to trust him....so I do. I might also add there is "no thing" or "one" in the Multiverse except Him and my Godthat I so trust.Each day he welcomes me anew.I can only refrain from total obliteration by clinging to him. The thought and pressence of himare so powerful that I feel dangerously close to being smashed against the walls... I didn't know such love waspossible. One instant of that Love made it ALL worthwhile. I KNOW you know what i mean.I relish the conflict between what my rational mind says can be and what Bhagavan is teaching me.I have a longing for Aranachala that is irrational. I even "know" where I belong there...in my heart's eye.Though Vienna is the closest I ever got to India .... sigh, yet...I have the truly wonderful story of how Bhagavan recently "Got" my attention. I had asked God for some help...I was more or less...HOPELESSLY LOST....and was going through one of my doubting periods.Passing through my room, which I have done perhaps 20,000 times, at the precise moment of my anguished plea for help to God,Bhagavan's picture (glass, frame, photo et al) flew from off a high shelf, at my feet, a fall of over 8 feet, yet the glass didn't break. but that is another story...d--------

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.11.29/2024 - Release 03/26/09 07:12:00