whole.

Unless one surrenders to the Sadguru in the Heart, Self Enquiry does not bear

fruit.

Unless one dives in through Self Enquiry, it is impossible to understand the

true meaning of Surrender.

Sarada Natarajan

From the Ramana Way

Guest guest

Which one comes first .. Surrender or Self enquiry ? I feel surrender comes first and then self enquiry as a natural corollary ..Or bit of both to start with as a parallel process ?

I may be wrong ofcourse !

love

ramesh

--- On Fri, 4/17/09, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER Date: Friday, April 17, 2009, 4:42 PM

SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDERSelf Enquiry is the direct INFALLIBLE means given to us by the Maharshi for returning to Self Awareness and remaining steadily in the bliss of the immortal Self, our true Nature. Self Enquiry and Surrender are not two optional paths. They are an integral whole.Unless one surrenders to the Sadguru in the Heart, Self Enquiry does not bear fruit.Unless one dives in through Self Enquiry, it is impossible to understand the true meaning of Surrender.Sarada NatarajanFrom the Ramana Way

Guest guest

Dear Ramesh,

I think most deotees start with Surrrender which appears to be easier for most. As Bhagavan said 'partial surrender is possible for all- and eventually leads to total surrender'.

Most Devotees from my conversations I have had with people in Tiru and in our London Satsang, find Self Enquiry difficult to commence, at first; and it generally comes second, after Surrender.

Of course there are always exceptions.But as Dr.Sarada gracefully states they eventually go hand in hand.

Love,

Yours in Bhagavan,

Alan --- On Fri, 17/4/09, ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chiv wrote:

ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chivRe: SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER Date: Friday, 17 April, 2009, 2:05 PM

Which one comes first .. Surrender or Self enquiry ? I feel surrender comes first and then self enquiry as a natural corollary ..Or bit of both to start with as a parallel process ?

love

ramesh

--- On Fri, 4/17/09, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk> wrote:

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk> SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDERFriday, April 17, 2009, 4:42 PM

SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDERSelf Enquiry is the direct INFALLIBLE means given to us by the Maharshi for returning to Self Awareness and remaining steadily in the bliss of the immortal Self, our true Nature. Self Enquiry and Surrender are not two optional paths. They are an integral whole.Unless one surrenders to the Sadguru in the Heart, Self Enquiry does not bear fruit.Unless one dives in through Self Enquiry, it is impossible to understand the true meaning of Surrender.Sarada NatarajanFrom the Ramana Way

Guest guest

Dear Alan ,

Agreed .. and the prompting comes through HIS GRACE alone..without which we are just lost in wilderness !

love

ramesh

--- On Fri, 4/17/09, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobsRe: SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER Date: Friday, April 17, 2009, 6:44 PM

Dear Ramesh,

I think most deotees start with Surrrender which appears to be easier for most. As Bhagavan said 'partial surrender is possible for all- and eventually leads to total surrender'.

Most Devotees from my conversations I have had with people in Tiru and in our London Satsang, find Self Enquiry difficult to commence, at first; and it generally comes second, after Surrender.

Of course there are always exceptions.But as Dr.Sarada gracefully states they eventually go hand in hand.

Love,

Yours in Bhagavan,

Alan --- On Fri, 17/4/09, ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chiv@ > wrote:

ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chiv@ >Re: SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDERFriday, 17 April, 2009, 2:05 PM

love

ramesh

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk> SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDERFriday, April 17, 2009, 4:42 PM

Guest guest

Dear Ones

in my experience "it goes hand in hand"

michael

-

ramesh chivukula

Friday, April 17, 2009 3:18 PM

Re: SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER

Dear Alan ,

Agreed .. and the prompting comes through HIS GRACE alone..without which we are just lost in wilderness !

love

ramesh

--- On Fri, 4/17/09, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs (AT) (DOT) co.uk> wrote:

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs (AT) (DOT) co.uk>Re: SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER Date: Friday, April 17, 2009, 6:44 PM

Dear Ramesh,

Love,

Yours in Bhagavan,

Alan --- On Fri, 17/4/09, ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chiv@ > wrote:

ramesh chivukula <ramesh_chiv@ >Re: SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDERFriday, 17 April, 2009, 2:05 PM

love

ramesh

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.287 / Virus Database: 270.11.58/2062 - Release 04/16/09 08:12:00

Guest guest

Yosy .. you did hit the nail on the head .. one has to be ruthless towards one's ego in this pursuit of Truth...Soft approach may only end up in confusion and delusion..We should never fear the batterings that our ego may receive ..after all it is for our ultimate good..

love

ramesh

--- On Fri, 4/17/09, Yosy Flug <yosyflug wrote:

Yosy Flug <yosyflugRe: SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER Date: Friday, April 17, 2009, 8:56 PM

ramesh chivukula wrote:>>> Which one comes first .. Surrender or Self enquiry ? I feel surrender > comes first and then self enquiry as a natural corollary ..Or bit of > both to start with as a parallel process ?> > I may be wrong ofcourse !> > love> > ramesh>surrender to truthis ruthlessdemandingthe self to be slaughteredby the sword of inquiryin sacrificeon the altar of selflessness.only when differentiations"world", "lover" and "beloved"bleed, pale,wither and fade outtill all distinctions vanish -selfless lovealoneremainsas it ever was.BOOM!yosy>>> --- On *Fri, 4/17/09, Alan Jacobs /<alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk>/* wrote:>>> Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk>> SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER> > Friday, April 17, 2009, 4:42 PM>>> SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER>> Self Enquiry is the direct INFALLIBLE means given to us by the> Maharshi for returning to Self Awareness and remaining steadily in> the bliss of the immortal Self, our true Nature.>> Self Enquiry and

Surrender are not two optional paths. They are an> integral whole.>> Unless one surrenders to the Sadguru in the Heart, Self Enquiry> does not bear fruit.>> Unless one dives in through Self Enquiry, it is impossible to> understand the true meaning of Surrender.>> Sarada Natarajan>> From the Ramana Way>

Guest guest

ramesh chivukula wrote:

>

>

> Which one comes first .. Surrender or Self enquiry ? I feel surrender

> comes first and then self enquiry as a natural corollary ..Or bit of

> both to start with as a parallel process ?

>

> I may be wrong ofcourse !

>

> love

>

> ramesh

>

surrender to truth

is ruthless

demanding

the self to be slaughtered

by the sword of inquiry

in sacrifice

on the altar of selflessness.

only when differentiations

" world " , " lover " and " beloved "

bleed, pale,

wither and fade out

till all distinctions vanish -

selfless love

alone

remains

as it ever was.

BOOM!

yosy

>

>

> --- On *Fri, 4/17/09, Alan Jacobs /<alanadamsjacobs/* wrote:

>

>

> Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs

> SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER

>

> Friday, April 17, 2009, 4:42 PM

>

>

>

> Self Enquiry is the direct INFALLIBLE means given to us by the

> Maharshi for returning to Self Awareness and remaining steadily in

> the bliss of the immortal Self, our true Nature.

>

> Self Enquiry and Surrender are not two optional paths. They are an

> integral whole.

>

> Unless one surrenders to the Sadguru in the Heart, Self Enquiry

> does not bear fruit.

>

> Unless one dives in through Self Enquiry, it is impossible to

> understand the true meaning of Surrender.

>

> Sarada Natarajan

>

> From the Ramana Way

>

Guest guest

Dr.Raju wrote:

Dear Sarada Natarajan,

Your understanding is supreme.

Pranams.

-- In , Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

>

>

>

> Self Enquiry is the direct INFALLIBLE means given to us by the Maharshi for

returning to Self Awareness and remaining steadily in the bliss of the immortal

Self, our true Nature.

>

> Self Enquiry and Surrender are not two optional paths. They are an integral

whole.

>

> Unless one surrenders to the Sadguru in the Heart, Self Enquiry does not bear

fruit.

>

> Unless one dives in through Self Enquiry, it is impossible to understand the

>

> Sarada Natarajan

>

> From the Ramana Way

>

Guest guest

Dear Sri Dr. Raju,

Dr.Sarada is not a member of the group. She succeeded her father, the famed, A.R.Natarajan who died recently as Head of the Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning in Bangalore, the largest Ramana Kendra in India. They publish a delightful magazine, called 'The Ramana Way' from which this fine quotation comes. She writes an Editorial there, every issue. She is a devoted Lady who assisted her father throughout her adult years.

Good to hear from you again,

Love,

In the Grace of Sri Bhagavan,

Alan --- On Fri, 17/4/09, drrajunsp <drrajunsp wrote:

drrajunsp <drrajunsp Re: SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER Date: Friday, 17 April, 2009, 4:52 PM

Dr.Raju wrote:Dear Sarada Natarajan,Your understanding is supreme.Pranams.-- In , Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:>> > SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER> > Self Enquiry is the direct INFALLIBLE means given to us by the Maharshi for returning to Self Awareness and remaining steadily in the bliss of the immortal Self, our true Nature. > > Self Enquiry and Surrender are not two optional paths. They are an integral whole.> > Unless one surrenders to the Sadguru in the Heart, Self Enquiry does not bear fruit.> > Unless one dives in through Self Enquiry, it is impossible to understand the true meaning of Surrender.> > Sarada

Natarajan> > From the Ramana Way>

Guest guest

DR.Raju wrote:

Dear Alan Jacobs,

Nice to here from you.I met Sri Natarajan in our

area and i used to receive thier monthly magazine regularly in which

Smt.Sarada used to contribute a chapter.I have a great reverance for

him because he devoted all his time after his retirement in the

service of Bhagawan.He wrote many books and he developed devotional

music on Ramana.The best songs about Bhagawan in Telugu are produced

in their centre.He contributed a lot to the asram also.

Pranams.

, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

>

> Dear Sri Dr. Raju,

>  

> Dr.Sarada is not a member of the group. She succeeded her father, the

famed, A.R.Natarajan who died recently as Head of the Ramana Maharshi Centre for

Learning in Bangalore, the largest Ramana Kendra in India. They publish a

delightful magazine, called 'The Ramana Way' from which this fine quotation

comes. She writes an Editorial there, every issue. She is a devoted Lady who

assisted her father throughout her adult years.

>  

> Good to hear from you again,

>  

> Love,

>  

> In the Grace of Sri Bhagavan,

>  

> Alan

>

> --- On Fri, 17/4/09, drrajunsp <drrajunsp wrote:

>

>

> drrajunsp <drrajunsp

> Re: SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER

>

> Friday, 17 April, 2009, 4:52 PM

>

>

Dr.Raju wrote:

>

> Dear Sarada Natarajan,

> Your understanding is supreme.

>

> Pranams.

>

> -- In , Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...>

wrote:

> >

> >

> > SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER

> >

> > Self Enquiry is the direct INFALLIBLE means given to us by the Maharshi for

returning to Self Awareness and remaining steadily in the bliss of the immortal

Self, our true Nature.

> >

> > Self Enquiry and Surrender are not two optional paths. They are an integral

whole.

> >

> > Unless one surrenders to the Sadguru in the Heart, Self Enquiry does not

bear fruit.

> >

> > Unless one dives in through Self Enquiry, it is impossible to understand the

> >

> > Sarada Natarajan

> >

> > From the Ramana Way

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Sri Dr. Raju,

I too met this great soul. He has left many valuable books, that he penned, as a memorial.

Love,

In Bhagavan,

Alan--- On Fri, 17/4/09, drrajunsp <drrajunsp wrote:

drrajunsp <drrajunsp Re: SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER Date: Friday, 17 April, 2009, 5:38 PM

DR.Raju wrote:Dear Alan Jacobs,Nice to here from you.I met Sri Natarajan in ourarea and i used to receive thier monthly magazine regularly in whichSmt.Sarada used to contribute a chapter.I have a great reverance forhim because he devoted all his time after his retirement in theservice of Bhagawan.He wrote many books and he developed devotionalmusic on Ramana.The best songs about Bhagawan in Telugu are producedin their centre.He contributed a lot to the asram also. Pranams., Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Sri Dr. Raju,> > Dr.Sarada is not a member of the group. She succeeded her father, the

famed, A.R.Natarajan who died recently as Head of the Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning in Bangalore, the largest Ramana Kendra in India. They publish a delightful magazine, called 'The Ramana Way' from which this fine quotation comes. She writes an Editorial there, every issue. She is a devoted Lady who assisted her father throughout her adult years.> > Good to hear from you again,> > Love,> > In the Grace of Sri Bhagavan,> > Alan > > --- On Fri, 17/4/09, drrajunsp <drrajunsp@. ..> wrote:> > > drrajunsp <drrajunsp@. ..>> Re: SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER> @ .

com> Friday, 17 April, 2009, 4:52 PM> > > > > > > > > Dr.Raju wrote:> > Dear Sarada Natarajan,> Your understanding is supreme.> > Pranams.> > -- In , Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:> >> > > > SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER> > > > Self Enquiry is the direct INFALLIBLE means given to us by the Maharshi for returning to Self Awareness and remaining steadily in the bliss of the immortal Self, our true Nature. > > > > Self Enquiry and Surrender are not two optional paths. They are an integral whole.> > > > Unless one surrenders to the Sadguru in the Heart, Self Enquiry does not bear fruit.> > > > Unless one dives in through Self Enquiry, it is impossible to understand the true

meaning of Surrender.> > > > Sarada Natarajan> > > > From the Ramana Way> >>

Guest guest

Dear Sangha

this ruthlessness is called LOVE by those who know what real LOVE is

in ITS service

michael

-

ramesh chivukula

Friday, April 17, 2009 5:20 PM

Re: SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER

Yosy .. you did hit the nail on the head .. one has to be ruthless towards one's ego in this pursuit of Truth...Soft approach may only end up in confusion and delusion..We should never fear the batterings that our ego may receive ..after all it is for our ultimate good..

love

ramesh

--- On Fri, 4/17/09, Yosy Flug <yosyflug (AT) isdn (DOT) net.il> wrote:

Yosy Flug <yosyflug (AT) isdn (DOT) net.il>Re: SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER Date: Friday, April 17, 2009, 8:56 PM

ramesh chivukula wrote:>>> Which one comes first .. Surrender or Self enquiry ? I feel surrender > comes first and then self enquiry as a natural corollary ..Or bit of > both to start with as a parallel process ?> > I may be wrong ofcourse !> > love> > ramesh>surrender to truthis ruthlessdemandingthe self to be slaughteredby the sword of inquiryin sacrificeon the altar of selflessness.only when differentiations"world", "lover" and "beloved"bleed, pale,wither and fade outtill all distinctions vanish -selfless lovealoneremainsas it ever was.BOOM!yosy>>> --- On *Fri, 4/17/09, Alan Jacobs /<alanadamsjacobs@ .co. u k>/* wrote:>>> Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk>> SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER> > Friday, April 17, 2009, 4:42 PM>>> SELF ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER>> Self Enquiry is the direct INFALLIBLE means given to us by the> Maharshi for returning to Self Awareness and remaining steadily in> the bliss of the immortal Self, our true Nature.>> Self Enquiry and Surrender are not two optional paths. They are an> integral whole.>> Unless one surrenders to the Sadguru in the Heart, Self Enquiry> does not bear fruit.>> Unless one dives in through Self Enquiry, it is impossible to> understand the true meaning of Surrender.>> Sarada Natarajan>> From the Ramana Way>

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.287 / Virus Database: 270.11.59/2064 - Release 04/17/09 07:08:00