IndiaDivine.org

William Wordsworth - [5] The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star, (from Ode. Intimations of Immortality)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A profound Verse from a great longer Poem sent in by Ivan from one of England's greatest poets. Enjoy!

Here's your Daily Poem from the Poetry Chaikhana --

[5] The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star, (from Ode. Intimations of Immortality)

By William Wordsworth(1770 - 1850)

The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star, Hath had elsewhere its setting, And cometh from afar: Not in entire forgetfulness, And not in utter nakedness,But trailing clouds of glory do we come From God, who is our home.

-- from Complete Poetical Works, by William Wordsworth

Amazon.com / Photo by ewen and donabel /

============

Thought for the Day:

Continuously ask: What is right here?What is this sensation? This emotion?This thought? This experience?Then ask: Who is experiencing it?

============

Here's your Daily Music selection --

Shantala

The Love Window

Listen - Purchase

More Music Selections

Hi Alan -I first heard this verse by Wordsworth in a recorded reading by the poet David Whyte. I still hear it in Whyte's voice today. It doesn't take much to get those last two lines dancing through my mind...But trailing clouds of glory do we comeFrom God, who is our home.Have a beautiful day!Ivan

Share Your Thoughts on today's poem or my commentary...

New on the Poetry Chaikhana BlogIn addition to the daily poem, other recent blog posts include:

Found Haiku - Comments (4) Here's the idea: Take lines from a book or magazine, overheard snippets of conversation... and use them as found objects to construct a haiku. More

Building the Poetry Chaikhana Community - Comments (5) As you read these poem emails, as you visit the website, if you are regularly touched by that spark of connection and inspiration, please consider supporting the Poetry Chaikhana... More

Story / Koan: Tipping Over a Vase - Comments (4) Hyakujo filled a vase with water and set it on the ground before the assembled monks... More

Support the Poetry Chaikhana

Donations to the Poetry Chaikhana in any amount are always welcome. Thank you!

Click here

You can also support the Poetry Chaikhana, as well as the authors and publishers of sacred poetry, by purchasing some of the recommended books through the links on this site. Thank you!

Click here

A small amount each month makes a big difference. Become a voluntary Subscriber for just $2/mo.

Click here

Help the Poetry Chaikhana reach more people. Become a Supporter for just $10/mo.

Poetry Chaikhana HomeNew | Books | Music | Teahouse | About | ContactPoets by: Name| Tradition | Timeline Poetry by: Theme | CommentaryBlog | Forum | Facebook | Twitter

www.Poetry-Chaikhana.com

Poetry ChaikhanaP.O. Box 2320Boulder, CO 80306

Ivan M. Granger's original poetry, stories and commentaries are 2002 - 2008 by Ivan M. Granger.All other material is copyrighted by the respective authors, translators and/or publishers.

============

Plain Text: If you have any difficulty reading this HTML formatted email, please let me know and I can send you plain text emails instead. Cancelling: If you wish to stop receiving this Daily Poem email from the Poetry Chaikhana, simply reply to this email and change the Subject to "Cancel".