IndiaDivine.org

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear max,

Good to hear from you again.

In my opinion.

Prarabhara Karma means 'one's preordained destiny'. Bhagavan told Paul Brunton (see Conscious Immortality) that Iswara [Almighty God] preordains each successive birth for the spiritual development of each individual, drawing on latent tendencies (vasanas)selected from previous life times.

The soul is the jiva or the false sense of individuality due to the identification with the 'I am the body notion' etc destined for reincarnation until it attains Self Realisation and is free. It differs from the Christian idea of soul which is closer to the notion of the Self.

I hope others may add to clarify these definitions.

All best wishes and warm regards,

In His Grace,

Alan--- On Tue, 5/5/09, maxamehc <maxamehc wrote:

maxamehc <maxamehc Karma Date: Tuesday, 5 May, 2009, 5:03 AM

The Ordainer controls the fate of souls in accordance with their prarabha karma. Whatever is destined not to happen will not happen, try as you may. Whatever is destined to happen will happen, do what you may to prevent it. This is certain. The best course, therefore, is to remain silent.Can someone please explain what prarabdha karma is. Also is the mentioned 'soul' reffering to something that is in the mind-ego-illusion?Thank you,peace