IndiaDivine.org

Behold the glow of the moon

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Here is Ivan's poem for the week end. Please read his erudite notes Enjoy.

Here's your Daily Poem from the Poetry Chaikhana --

[4] Behold the glow of the moon

By Shih-te (Pickup)(780? - 850?)

English version by Red Pine (Bill Porter)

Behold the glow of the moonillumine the world's four quartersperfect light in perfect spacea radiance that purifiespeople say it waxes and wanesbut I don't see it fadejust like a magic pearlit shines both night and day

-- from The Collected Songs of Cold Mountain, Translated by Red Pine

Amazon.com / Photo by Robert Couse-Baker /

============

Thought for the Day:

Enlightenment isnot what you think.

============

Here's your Daily Music selection --

Nadaka and the Basavaraj Brothers

Living Colours

Listen - Purchase

More Music Selections

Hi Alan -Behold the glow of the moonillumine the world's four quartersIn Shih-te's poem, the "glow of the moon" can be understood the awareness of the all pervasive light that occurs in deep spiritual ecstasy.perfect light in perfect spacea radiance that purifiesIt is "a radiance that purifies," not in the sense that it somehow corrects reality; rather, it purifies our perception of reality. Through the recognition of this light's radiance, we recognize the essential purity already present everywhere.people say it waxes and wanesbut I don't see it fadeThe light of the moon may wax and wane, but the true light of enlightenment is steady and eternal. Some may see enlightenment itself as unstable, but that is the perspective of the witness. When the mind is stable and utterly still, you can see that the light itself does

not fade--just like a magic pearlit shines both night and dayHave a wonderful full moon weekend!IvanPS - Thank you for all of the enthusiastic messages about my poem on Wednesday. I had a big smile on my face from all of your warm responses.

Share Your Thoughts on today's poem or my commentary...

New on the Poetry Chaikhana BlogIn addition to the daily poem, other recent blog posts include:

Video: Do Re Mi in Antwerp's Central Station - Comments (3) My friend Sandeep introduced me to this video: Central Station of Antwerp, more than 200 dancers, Do Re Mi This'll put a smile on your face! More

Website Updates - Comments (1) You can now search for anything anywhere on the Poetry Chaikhana site, from any page! Search for poets, words, phrases, themes, spiritual traditions... More

Video: A Moment of Peace 2009 - A quiet video, and quietly inspiring. A meeting of Jewish and Arab peace activists commemorating the pain and loss on all sides of the Israeli / Palestinian conflict. More

Donations to the Poetry ChaikhanaI want to send out a sincere thank you to each one of you who contributed some of your hard-earned money recently:- Margaret (Australia), Julie (CA), Leslie (CA) And thank you to everyone who contributes monthly through a voluntary paid subscription. New rs:- Liska, Kiki (QC, Canada)I am so grateful for each and every contribution. Your support makes a big difference in maintaining the Poetry Chaikhana....And thank you Juanita and the Sattwa Chai folks!---A few reasons to consider making a donation of your own...

The Poetry Chaikhana opens pathways for interfaith dialog and exploration.

Even a small donation helps -- when many people contribute.

The daily poem can bring fresh perspectives to your contemplation or prayer practice.

When you donate I send a really cool thank you ecard. Make a donation and see for yourself!

The Poetry Chaikhana is entirely free. You don't have to make a donation to receive the daily poem or explore the web site. Your contribution is always welcome, but you can enjoy the poetry anyway.

Support the Poetry Chaikhana

Donations to the Poetry Chaikhana in any amount are always welcome. Thank you!

Click here

You can also support the Poetry Chaikhana, as well as the authors and publishers of sacred poetry, by purchasing some of the recommended books through the links on this site. Thank you!

Click here

A small amount each month makes a big difference. Become a voluntary Subscriber for just $2/mo.

Click here

Help the Poetry Chaikhana reach more people. Become a Supporter for just $10/mo.

Poetry Chaikhana HomeNew | Books | Music | Teahouse | About | ContactPoets by: Name| Tradition | Timeline Poetry by: Theme | CommentaryBlog | Forum | Facebook | Twitter

www.Poetry-Chaikhana.com

Poetry ChaikhanaP.O. Box 2320Boulder, CO 80306

Ivan M. Granger's original poetry, stories and commentaries are 2002 - 2008 by Ivan M. Granger.All other material is copyrighted by the respective authors, translators and/or publishers.

============

Plain Text: If you have any difficulty reading this HTML formatted email, please let me know and I can send you plain text emails instead. Cancelling: If you wish to stop receiving this Daily Poem email from the Poetry Chaikhana, simply reply to this email and change the Subject to "Cancel".