Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A Poem from the great Rumi sent to us by Ivan

Here's your Daily Poem from the Poetry Chaikhana --

No end to the journey

By Mevlana Jelaluddin Rumi(1207 - 1273)

English version by Robert Bly

No end, no end to the journeyno end, no end neverhow can the heart in loveever stop openingif you love me,you won't just die oncein every momentyou will die into meto be rebornInto this new love, dieyour way beginson the other sidebecome the skytake an axe to the prison wall,escapewalk out like someonesuddenly born into colordo it now

-- from Secret Language: Rumi A Celebration in Song (Music CD), by Ramananda

Amazon.com / Photo by e-du /

============

Thought for the Day:

In two, there is only One.In "you" and "I," there are not two, but One.In delusion, only One; in recollection, only One.What work remains but to know?

============

Here's your Daily Music selection --

Fabrice de Graef

Meditation on 5 Ragas

Listen - Purchase

More Music Selections

Hi Alan -No end, no end to the journeyThat line becomes a rhythmic chant on Ramananda's wonderful CD "Secret Language."no end, no end neverAnd, my favorite--how can the heart in loveever stop openingA full life, a complete spiritual practice can be found in that question.But why all this death imagery? Into this new love, dieyour way beginson the other sideWhy does every spiritual tradition speak of dying and death in such a favorable light? Do all mystics have some secret death wish?In deep ecstasy, the sense of individuality, the sense of "I" thins and can completely disappear. Though you still walk and breathe and talk, there is no "you" performing these actions. The separate identity, the ego, disappears, to be replaced by a vast, borderless sense of Self.It is this

experience, this complete loss of the limited sense of self, that is the death so eagerly sought by mystics throughout time. This is the death that leads to new life...in every momentyou will die into meto be rebornThat limited sense of self is the prison we must break free from.take an axe to the prison wall,escapeSuddenly, the walls that kept you contained and carefully defined drop to the ground -- and there you stand a radiant being whose boundaries are no longer perceived in terms of flesh or memory. In this new freedom, you are alive in a way you never imagined before, and everything you perceive is part of that life.walk out like someonesuddenly born into colordo it nowIvan

Share Your Thoughts on today's poem or my commentary...

New on the Poetry Chaikhana BlogIn addition to the daily poem, other recent blog posts include:

Story: The Story of Fire - Comments (1) A delightful Sufi story about the light of truth, the heat of human passions, while exploring questions of cultural memory, religious institutions, and how to pass on knowledge More

Video: Do Re Mi in Antwerp's Central Station - Comments (3) My friend Sandeep introduced me to this video: Central Station of Antwerp, more than 200 dancers, Do Re Mi This'll put a smile on your face! More

Website Updates - Comments (1) You can now search for anything anywhere on the Poetry Chaikhana site, from any page! Search for poets, words, phrases, themes, spiritual traditions... More

Support the Poetry Chaikhana

Donations to the Poetry Chaikhana in any amount are always welcome. Thank you!

Click here

You can also support the Poetry Chaikhana, as well as the authors and publishers of sacred poetry, by purchasing some of the recommended books through the links on this site. Thank you!

Click here

A small amount each month makes a big difference. Become a voluntary Subscriber for just $2/mo.

Click here

Help the Poetry Chaikhana reach more people. Become a Supporter for just $10/mo.

Poetry Chaikhana HomeNew | Books | Music | Teahouse | About | ContactPoets by: Name| Tradition | Timeline Poetry by: Theme | CommentaryBlog | Forum | Facebook | Twitter

www.Poetry-Chaikhana.com

Poetry ChaikhanaP.O. Box 2320Boulder, CO 80306

Ivan M. Granger's original poetry, stories and commentaries are 2002 - 2008 by Ivan M. Granger.All other material is copyrighted by the respective authors, translators and/or publishers.

============

Plain Text: If you have any difficulty reading this HTML formatted email, please let me know and I can send you plain text emails instead. Cancelling: If you wish to stop receiving this Daily Poem email from the Poetry Chaikhana, simply reply to this email and change the Subject to "Cancel".