IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Jnana and Bhakti marga edited

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

John Andreadis <johnandreadisMay 25, 2009 10:42:32 AM EDT Subject: Jnana and Bhakti marga Q: if what is destined to happen will happen, is there any use in prayer or effort or should we just remain idle?A: There are only two ways to conquer destiny or be independent of it. One is to enquire for whom is this destiny and discover that only the ego is bound by destiny and not the Self, and that the ego is non-existent. The other way is to kill the ego by completely surrendering to the Lord, by realizing one's helplessness and saying all the time, "Not I but Thou, O Lord", giving up all sense of "I' and "mine" and leaving it to the Lord to do what He likes with you. Surrender can never be regarded as complete so long as the devotee wants this or that from the Lord. True surrender is love of God for the sake of love and nothing else, not even for the sake of liberation. In other words, complete effacement of the ego is necessary to conquer destiny. Whether you achieve this effacement through self-enquiry or through bhakti marga.Be As You Are - (The Teachings of Ramana Maharshi)David Godman (editor) p.223