IndiaDivine.org

Ramana Maharshi about Death

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

L.: The birth of a person and his life and death are real to us.B.: Because you wrongly identify yourself with the body,you think of the other also as a body. Neither you nor he is the body.L.: But from my own level of understanding, I regard myself and my son as real.

B.: The birth of the ‘I’-thought is a person’s birth and its death is his death. After the ‘I’-thought has arisen, the wrong identification with the body arises. Identifying yourself with the body makes you falsely identify others also with their bodies.Just as your body was born and grows and will die, so you think the other also was born, grew and died. Did you think of your son before he was born? The thought came after his birth and continues even after his death. He is your son only insofar as you think of him. Where has he gone? To the source from which he sprang. So long as you continue to exist, he does too. But if you cease to identify yourself with the body and realise the true Self, this confusion will vanish. You are eternal and others also will be found to be eternal. Until this is realised there will always be grief due to false values which are caused by wrong knowledge and wrong identification.

Source: The Teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi in His Own Words Edited By ARTHUR OSBORNE

-- Om namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Prasanth Jalasutram

Guest guest

Namaste

Dear Prasanth

again and again

thank you for your efforts for all of us

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

-

Prasanth Jalasutram

undisclosed-recipients:

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:17 PM

Ramana Maharshi about Death

L.: The birth of a person and his life and death are real to us.B.: Because you wrongly identify yourself with the body,you think of the other also as a body. Neither you nor he is the body.L.: But from my own level of understanding, I regard myself and my son as real.B.: The birth of the ‘I’-thought is a person’s birth and its death is his death. After the ‘I’-thought has arisen, the wrong identification with the body arises. Identifying yourself with the body makes you falsely identify others also with their bodies.Just as your body was born and grows and will die, so you think the other also was born, grew and died. Did you think of your son before he was born? The thought came after his birth and continues even after his death. He is your son only insofar as you think of him. Where has he gone? To the source from which he sprang. So long as you continue to exist, he does too. But if you cease to identify yourself with the body and realise the true Self, this confusion will vanish. You are eternal and others also will be found to be eternal. Until this is realised there will always be grief due to false values which are caused by wrong knowledge and wrong identification.Source: The Teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi in His Own Words Edited By ARTHUR OSBORNE

-- Om namo Bhagavate Sri RamanayaPrasanth Jalasutram

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.40/2135 - Release 05/26/09 08:53:00