IndiaDivine.org

Attaining the Kingdom within

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

, Swami sadasivananda <sadasivananda wrote:

COME LORD, AND OPEN IN US, THE GATES OF THE KINGDOM

"The Kingdom of God is Justice and Peace And Joy in the Holy Spirit Come Lord, and open in us The gates of the Kingdom"

This hymn, and many others from separate sources, can be heard or downloaded from the website: www.ramanateaching.org This ancient prayer demonstrates the mystical understanding of the early Church, as well as of the Vedas, in that the gates of the Kingdom are within us. This echoes the Divine Truth spoken by Jesus Himself: "The Kingdom of Heaven is Within." Therefore, we are shown the purpose of life, to reach the gates of Higher Life through effort, love and grace, and through prayerful meditation cause God to open within us the gates to His Divine

Presence. Bhagavan Sri Ramana spoke wonderfully of this truth, and stressed that since the gates of Heaven within open from the inside, it is only love and devotion, which fuses a union (yoga) with God. This causes the lower mind to die out, which evokes the Lord's invitation to enter:

“Seeking my true nature in your Heart, discovering it and rejoicing in it by bathing in the bliss of my jnana swarupa – this is union.†“Only bhakti sadhana performed continuously with love will facilitate easily, in a gradual way, this union.†“Enter with love the temple that is in your own Heart and experience the bliss of being absorbed in my swarupa, becoming one with it.†“I myself will command and control a mind that has died by the sacrifice of the ego.†(1) This also echoes the profound Truths given in the Bhagavad Gita and the Upanishads:

"Through only a dharmic life (righteous, pure and just) we achieve the gift of ritam (rhythm with all Divine attributes) and true peace. Thus our very lives become filled with ananda (joy in God)." "The Fulness of Joy... The Simplicity that is Christ." This sung prayer is

one of twenty recorded on the CD “Laudate Omnes Gentesâ€, and is available from the website: www.taize.fr

__________________ (1) Padamalai, Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi Recorded by Muruganar, Avadhuta Foundation 2004, p. 29, verses 27-30