IndiaDivine.org

Pushpanjali by Adiji

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Radheji ..

Thank you very much ..Once i used to make fun of my wife for spending a lot of money on buying different kinds of flowers with which she decorates the gods in the house.

Later I realised Lord Krishna's saying that whatever is offered to him with sincere love always reaches him. Since then I have stopped commenting on her pet occupation.

Pranams

ramesh

--- On Fri, 6/5/09, Radhe <shaantih wrote:

Radhe <shaantih Pushpanjali by Adiji Date: Friday, June 5, 2009, 3:29 AM

For those who have an interest in the meaning

behind the offering of flowers in puja, Adiji will

be authoring a few articles to explain this act

of devotion...this is the first at the link below...

http://luthar. com/pushpanjali- a-floral- tribute

In His Service,

Radhe

Guest guest

Dear Rameshji:

It is a good thing for multiple reasons that you stopped

commenting on her pet occupation :-) Really, there are

so many ways to kiss the ground, as Rumi is known to

have penned! What I mean by this here is simple...some

of us are simple...by offering flowers, one is symbolically

cultivating sattvic qualitites. Just as one cultivates sattvic

qualities by eating sattvic food, one can also do so in the

act of offering flowers, meditating upon that goal as part

of the action. Of course, what matters most is the purity

of the offering or meditation.

I have seen the story below in variations, but the message

remains the same. When I googled it this one came up

and caught my eye......

" As an example, there is a story in Mahabharatha. Arjuna

was performing regularly pooja for Athma lingam, but

his brothers were not doing the same. He felt very proud

of his devotional worship to God. As Sri Krishna wanted

to control his ego, he took him to Mount Kailash, the abode

of Shiva. Arjuna saw large number of baskets of flowers

being carried by the Boothaganas. When Arjuna asked

Sri Krishna about it, He asked Arjuna to check himself

with those carrying the flowers. He stopped one of them

asked about it. He got the reply that one of the Pancha

Pandavas named Bheema who has been offering these

flowers in a pure heart to the lord which they are carrying.

Arjuna asked Sri Krishna that if the pure heart flowers of

Bheema who does not ever sit down to worship is this

much, how much will it be for his own Athmalinga pooja

which is performed every day. Sri Krishna asked the

Bhoothagana to show Arjuna his portion of the flowers

offered. They showed a small mound of flowers lying in

one corner. Arjuna asked Sri Krishna to explain this disparity.

Sri Krishna explained that, Bheema is thinking of God at all

times and whenever he sees a flower garden, he mentally offers

all the flowers to Siva as his offering and so it reaches Siva

the very next moment. Thus, Sri Krishna explains the

Inner self pooja called antharyagam. "

http://www.bnaiyer.com/vidya/puja-05.html

Hare Krishna!!!

In His Service,

Radhe

-

ramesh chivukula

Friday, June 05, 2009 12:29 AM

Re: Pushpanjali by Adiji

Dear Radheji ..

Thank you very much ..Once i used to make fun of my wife for spending a lot

of money on buying different kinds of flowers with which she decorates the

gods in the house.

Later I realised Lord Krishna's saying that whatever is offered to him

with sincere love always reaches him. Since then I have stopped commenting

on her pet occupation.

Pranams

ramesh

Guest guest

Dear Radheji,

Thanks for your patience..Yes i do feel guilty of having made fun of her .. though that is past.. I continue to learn my lessons on wy way ..That thought is quite humbling as well as exciting !

Pranams

ramesh

--- On Mon, 6/8/09, Radhe <shaantih wrote:

Radhe <shaantihRe: Pushpanjali by Adiji Date: Monday, June 8, 2009, 1:25 AM

Dear Rameshji:It is a good thing for multiple reasons that you stoppedcommenting on her pet occupation :-) Really, there areso many ways to kiss the ground, as Rumi is known tohave penned! What I mean by this here is simple...someof us are simple...by offering flowers, one is symbolicallycultivating sattvic qualitites. Just as one cultivates sattvicqualities by eating sattvic food, one can also do so in theact of offering flowers, meditating upon that goal as partof the action. Of course, what matters most is the purityof the offering or meditation.I have seen the story below in variations, but the messageremains the same. When I googled it this one came upand caught my eye......"As an example, there is a story in Mahabharatha. Arjunawas performing regularly pooja for Athma lingam, buthis brothers were not doing the same. He felt very proudof his devotional worship

to God. As Sri Krishna wantedto control his ego, he took him to Mount Kailash, the abodeof Shiva. Arjuna saw large number of baskets of flowersbeing carried by the Boothaganas. When Arjuna askedSri Krishna about it, He asked Arjuna to check himselfwith those carrying the flowers. He stopped one of themasked about it. He got the reply that one of the PanchaPandavas named Bheema who has been offering theseflowers in a pure heart to the lord which they are carrying.Arjuna asked Sri Krishna that if the pure heart flowers ofBheema who does not ever sit down to worship is thismuch, how much will it be for his own Athmalinga poojawhich is performed every day. Sri Krishna asked theBhoothagana to show Arjuna his portion of the flowersoffered. They showed a small mound of flowers lying inone corner. Arjuna asked Sri Krishna to explain this disparity.Sri Krishna explained that, Bheema is thinking of

God at alltimes and whenever he sees a flower garden, he mentally offersall the flowers to Siva as his offering and so it reaches Sivathe very next moment. Thus, Sri Krishna explains theInner self pooja called antharyagam. "http://www.bnaiyer. com/vidya/ puja-05.htmlHare Krishna!!!In His Service,Radhe- ramesh chivukulaFriday, June 05, 2009 12:29 AMRe: Pushpanjali by AdijiDear Radheji ..Thank you very much ..Once i used to make fun of my wife for spending a lotof money on buying different kinds of

flowers with which she decorates thegods in the house.Later I realised Lord Krishna's saying that whatever is offered to himwith sincere love always reaches him. Since then I have stopped commentingon her pet occupation.Pranamsramesh

Guest guest

Yes it is very much in the past and I hope I did not say

anything to make you think I thought you should feel

guilty :-) Every moment we stand before Him is a

new one to be cherished!

-

ramesh chivukula

Sunday, June 07, 2009 9:57 PM

Re: Pushpanjali by Adiji

Dear Radheji,

Thanks for your patience..Yes i do feel guilty of having made fun of her .. though that is past.. I continue to learn my lessons on wy way ..That thought is quite humbling as well as exciting !

Pranams

ramesh

--- On Mon, 6/8/09, Radhe <shaantih (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

Radhe <shaantih (AT) comcast (DOT) net>Re: Pushpanjali by Adiji Date: Monday, June 8, 2009, 1:25 AM

Dear Rameshji:It is a good thing for multiple reasons that you stoppedcommenting on her pet occupation :-) Really, there areso many ways to kiss the ground, as Rumi is known tohave penned! What I mean by this here is simple...someof us are simple...by offering flowers, one is symbolicallycultivating sattvic qualitites. Just as one cultivates sattvicqualities by eating sattvic food, one can also do so in theact of offering flowers, meditating upon that goal as partof the action. Of course, what matters most is the purityof the offering or meditation.I have seen the story below in variations, but the messageremains the same. When I googled it this one came upand caught my eye......"As an example, there is a story in Mahabharatha. Arjunawas performing regularly pooja for Athma lingam, buthis brothers were not doing the same. He felt very proudof his devotional worship to God. As Sri Krishna wantedto control his ego, he took him to Mount Kailash, the abodeof Shiva. Arjuna saw large number of baskets of flowersbeing carried by the Boothaganas. When Arjuna askedSri Krishna about it, He asked Arjuna to check himselfwith those carrying the flowers. He stopped one of themasked about it. He got the reply that one of the PanchaPandavas named Bheema who has been offering theseflowers in a pure heart to the lord which they are carrying.Arjuna asked Sri Krishna that if the pure heart flowers ofBheema who does not ever sit down to worship is thismuch, how much will it be for his own Athmalinga poojawhich is performed every day. Sri Krishna asked theBhoothagana to show Arjuna his portion of the flowersoffered. They showed a small mound of flowers lying inone corner. Arjuna asked Sri Krishna to explain this disparity.Sri Krishna explained that, Bheema is thinking of God at alltimes and whenever he sees a flower garden, he mentally offersall the flowers to Siva as his offering and so it reaches Sivathe very next moment. Thus, Sri Krishna explains theInner self pooja called antharyagam. "http://www.bnaiyer. com/vidya/ puja-05.htmlHare Krishna!!!In His Service,Radhe- ramesh chivukulaFriday, June 05, 2009 12:29 AMRe: Pushpanjali by AdijiDear Radheji ..Thank you very much ..Once i used to make fun of my wife for spending a lotof money on buying different kinds of flowers with which she decorates thegods in the house.Later I realised Lord Krishna's saying that whatever is offered to himwith sincere love always reaches him. Since then I have stopped commentingon her pet occupation.Pranamsramesh

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.56/2161 - Release 06/07/09 17:53:00

Guest guest

PS But then, there is no one to stand before and

no one standing anywhere, is there? Time for me

to go to bed!!!

Dear Radheji,

Thanks for your patience..Yes i do feel guilty of having made fun of her ..

though that is past.. I continue to learn my lessons on wy way ..That

thought is quite humbling as well as exciting !

Pranams

ramesh