IndiaDivine.org

Forty Verses on Reality By Sri Ramana Maharshi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Verses 1-101. From our perception of the world there follows acceptance of a unique First Principle possessing various powers. Pictures of name and form, the person who sees, the screen on which he sees, and the light by which he sees: he himself is all of these.

2. All religions postulate the three fundamentals, the world, the soul, and God, but it is only the one Reality that manifests Itself as these three. One can say, 'The three are really three' only so long as the ego lasts. Therefore, to inhere in one's own Being, where the 'I', or ego, is dead, is the perfect State.

3. 'The world is real.' 'No, it, is a mere illusory appearance.' 'The world is conscious.' 'No.' 'The world is happiness.' 'No.' What use is it to argue thus? That State is agreeable to all, wherein, having given up the objective outlook, one knows one's Self and loses all notions either of unity or duality, of oneself and the ego.

4. If one has form oneself, the world and God also will appear to have form, but if one is formless, who is it that sees those forms, and how? Without the eye can any object be seen? The seeing Self is the Eye, and that Eye is the Eye of Infinity.

5. The body is a form composed of the five-fold sheath; therefore, all the five sheaths are implied in the term, body. Apart from the body does the world exist? Has anyone seen the world without the body?

6. The world is nothing more than an embodiment of the objects perceived by the five sense-organs. Since, through these five sense-organs, a single mind perceives the world, the world is nothing but the mind. Apart from the mind can there be a world?

7. Although the world and knowledge thereof rise and set together it is by knowledge alone that the world is made apparent. That Perfection wherein the world and knowledge thereof rise and set, and which shines without rising and setting, is alone the Reality.

8. Under whatever name and form one may worship the Absolute Reality, it is only a means for realizing It without name and form. That alone is true realization, wherein one knows oneself in relation to that Reality, attains peace and realizes one's identity with it.

9. The duality of subject and object and trinity of seer, sight, and seen can exist only if supported by the One. If one turns inward in search of that One Reality they fall away. Those who see this are those who see Wisdom. They are never in doubt.

10. Ordinary knowledge is always accompanied by ignorance, and ignorance by knowledge; the only true Knowledge is that by which one knows the Self through enquiring whose is the knowledge and ignorance.

.... To Be ContinedSource: http://www.realization.org/page/namedoc0/40_verses/40_verses_1.htm

-- Om namo Bhagavate Sri RamanayaPrasanth Jalasutram

Guest guest

Dear Prasanth

again tku so much for your ongoing efforts for all of us.

It is appreciated indeed...

b u t

knowing out of my practical experience having done the same like you and will doing it again a n d by living my sadhana i know that this is not the proper way to do it....

why

as our Sadguru Sri Ramana advised writing and learning by heart his "poems" (and translating them...) as a wonderful "tool" to "advance" ourselves i KNOW that you cannot absorbe more than one verse at the time...

absorb i mean "digesting" it fully

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

-

Prasanth Jalasutram

undisclosed-recipients:

Friday, June 05, 2009 11:37 AM

Verses 1-10

1. From our perception of the world there follows acceptance of a unique First Principle possessing various powers. Pictures of name and form, the person who sees, the screen on which he sees, and the light by which he sees: he himself is all of these.

2. All religions postulate the three fundamentals, the world, the soul, and God, but it is only the one Reality that manifests Itself as these three. One can say, 'The three are really three' only so long as the ego lasts. Therefore, to inhere in one's own Being, where the 'I', or ego, is dead, is the perfect State.

3. 'The world is real.' 'No, it, is a mere illusory appearance.' 'The world is conscious.' 'No.' 'The world is happiness.' 'No.' What use is it to argue thus? That State is agreeable to all, wherein, having given up the objective outlook, one knows one's Self and loses all notions either of unity or duality, of oneself and the ego.

4. If one has form oneself, the world and God also will appear to have form, but if one is formless, who is it that sees those forms, and how? Without the eye can any object be seen? The seeing Self is the Eye, and that Eye is the Eye of Infinity.

5. The body is a form composed of the five-fold sheath; therefore, all the five sheaths are implied in the term, body. Apart from the body does the world exist? Has anyone seen the world without the body?

6. The world is nothing more than an embodiment of the objects perceived by the five sense-organs. Since, through these five sense-organs, a single mind perceives the world, the world is nothing but the mind. Apart from the mind can there be a world?

7. Although the world and knowledge thereof rise and set together it is by knowledge alone that the world is made apparent. That Perfection wherein the world and knowledge thereof rise and set, and which shines without rising and setting, is alone the Reality.

8. Under whatever name and form one may worship the Absolute Reality, it is only a means for realizing It without name and form. That alone is true realization, wherein one knows oneself in relation to that Reality, attains peace and realizes one's identity with it.

9. The duality of subject and object and trinity of seer, sight, and seen can exist only if supported by the One. If one turns inward in search of that One Reality they fall away. Those who see this are those who see Wisdom. They are never in doubt.

10. Ordinary knowledge is always accompanied by ignorance, and ignorance by knowledge; the only true Knowledge is that by which one knows the Self through enquiring whose is the knowledge and ignorance.

.... To Be Contined

Source: http://www.realization.org/page/namedoc0/40_verses/40_verses_1.htm

--

Om namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Prasanth Jalasutram

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.53/2154 - Release 06/04/09 05:53:00

Guest guest

Dear Micheal Sir,Thanks a lot for helping me to improve my spiritual practice.I think my inexperience is showing here and your advice indeed will help me.

Previously Harsha Sir helped me a lot to control my pride which i felt is a great advice.Now i think Guru Ramana in the form of Micheal is again helping me out.I will try to stop sending articles for some time and reduce my anxiety and instead utilize the same time in my sadhana.

Om namo Bhagavate Sri RamanayaPrasanth JalasutramOn Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Michael Bindel <michael.bindel wrote:

Dear Prasanth

b u t

knowing out of my practical experience having done the same like you and will doing it again   a n d  by living my sadhana i know that this is not the proper way to do it....

why

as our Sadguru Sri Ramana advised writing and learning by heart his " poems " (and  translating them...) as a wonderful " tool " to " advance " ourselves i KNOW that  you cannot absorbe more than one verse at the time...

absorb i mean " digesting " it fully

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

-

Prasanth Jalasutram

undisclosed-recipients:

Verses 1-10

1. From our perception of the world there follows acceptance of a unique First Principle possessing various powers. Pictures of name and form, the person who sees, the screen on which he sees, and the light by which he sees: he himself is all of these.

.... To Be Contined

Source: http://www.realization.org/page/namedoc0/40_verses/40_verses_1.htm

-- 

Prasanth Jalasutram

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.53/2154 - Release 06/04/09 05:53:00

--

Guest guest

Dear Prasanth,

I personally think your postings are most admirable. Our 1200 members are free to read them at their leisure, and take from them what is useful for their sadhana. I for one would be very sorry if you stopped posting just because of one member;'s letter.

All very best wishes and warmest regards,

Yours in Bhagavan

Alan

Moderator--- On Fri, 5/6/09, Prasanth Jalasutram <jvrsprasanth wrote:

Prasanth Jalasutram <jvrsprasanthRe: Forty Verses on Reality By Sri Ramana Maharshi Date: Friday, 5 June, 2009, 12:17 PM

Dear Micheal Sir,

Thanks a lot for helping me to improve my spiritual practice.

I think my inexperience is showing here and your advice indeed will help me.

Previously Harsha Sir helped me a lot to control my pride which i felt is a great advice.

Now i think Guru Ramana in the form of Micheal is again helping me out..

I will try to stop sending articles for some time and reduce my anxiety and instead utilize the same time in my sadhana.

Om namo Bhagavate Sri RamanayaPrasanth Jalasutram

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu> wrote:

Dear Prasanth

b u t

knowing out of my practical experience having done the same like you and will doing it again a n d by living my sadhana i know that this is not the proper way to do it....

why

as our Sadguru Sri Ramana advised writing and learning by heart his "poems" (and translating them...) as a wonderful "tool" to "advance" ourselves i KNOW that you cannot absorbe more than one verse at the time...

absorb i mean "digesting" it fully

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

-

Prasanth Jalasutram

undisclosed- recipients:

Verses 1-10

.... To Be Contined

Source: http://www.realizat ion.org/page/ namedoc0/ 40_verses/ 40_verses_ 1.htm

--

Prasanth Jalasutram

--

Guest guest

Dear Prasanth,

I think both Peter and Michael have indicated similar things. Sri

Ramana’s teachings are subtle and deep. Meditating on any one verse can

provide the clue to the path and Self-Realization. How about we go back to the

beginning and for the materials that you have posted, you post one verse at a

time. That gives the group the time to reflect on it and meditate on it.

What you are posting is all available on the Internet.

It is not the volume of material that is the critical factor in

the satsangh but reflecting on the important teaching.

In my view, posting one verse at a time and giving your own

comments and understanding would be of value. These are just my views.

Sri Ramana’s teachings are the purest and the most subtle

teachings. These can be contained in a sentence. So the emphasis should not be

on the quantity shared but the quality of what is shared. I would encourage you

to meditate on every verse carefully, and only then along with a few lines from

you as comments, post it.

Again, these are just my views and I am open to correction.

Love,

Harsha

On

Behalf Of Prasanth Jalasutram

Friday, June 05, 2009 7:17 AM

Re: Forty Verses on Reality By

Sri Ramana Maharshi

Dear Micheal Sir,

I think my inexperience is showing here and your advice

indeed will help me.

Previously Harsha Sir helped me a lot to control my pride

which i felt is a great advice.

Now i think Guru Ramana in the form of Micheal is again

helping me out.

I will try to stop sending articles for some time and reduce

my anxiety and instead utilize the same time in my sadhana.

Prasanth Jalasutram

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Michael Bindel <michael.bindel

wrote:

Dear

Prasanth

again

tku so much for your ongoing efforts for all of us.

It

is appreciated indeed...

b u

t

knowing

out of my practical experience having done the same like you and will doing it

again a n d by living my sadhana i know that this is not the

proper way to do it....

why

as

our Sadguru Sri Ramana advised writing and learning by heart his

" poems " (and translating them...) as a wonderful

" tool " to " advance " ourselves i KNOW that you cannot

absorbe more than one verse at the time...

absorb

i mean " digesting " it fully

in

Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

-

Prasanth Jalasutram

undisclosed-recipients:

Forty

Verses on Reality By Sri Ramana Maharshi

Verses 1-10

1. From our perception of the world

there follows acceptance of a unique First Principle possessing various powers.

Pictures of name and form, the person who sees, the screen on which he sees, and

the light by which he sees: he himself is all of these.

2. All religions postulate the

three fundamentals, the world, the soul, and God, but it is only the one

Reality that manifests Itself as these three. One can say, 'The three are

really three' only so long as the ego lasts. Therefore, to inhere in one's own

Being, where the 'I', or ego, is dead, is the perfect State.

3. 'The world is real.' 'No, it, is

a mere illusory appearance.' 'The world is conscious.' 'No.' 'The world is

happiness.' 'No.' What use is it to argue thus? That State is agreeable to all,

wherein, having given up the objective outlook, one knows one's Self and loses

all notions either of unity or duality, of oneself and the ego.

4. If one has form oneself, the

world and God also will appear to have form, but if one is formless, who is it

that sees those forms, and how? Without the eye can any object be seen? The

seeing Self is the Eye, and that Eye is the Eye of Infinity.

5. The body is a form composed of

the five-fold sheath; therefore, all the five sheaths are implied in the term,

body. Apart from the body does the world exist? Has anyone seen the world

without the body?

6. The world is nothing more than

an embodiment of the objects perceived by the five sense-organs. Since, through

these five sense-organs, a single mind perceives the world, the world is

nothing but the mind. Apart from the mind can there be a world?

7. Although the world and knowledge

thereof rise and set together it is by knowledge alone that the world is made

apparent. That Perfection wherein the world and knowledge thereof rise and set,

and which shines without rising and setting, is alone the Reality.

8. Under whatever name and form one

may worship the Absolute Reality, it is only a means for realizing It without

name and form. That alone is true realization, wherein one knows oneself in

relation to that Reality, attains peace and realizes one's identity with it.

9. The duality of subject and object

and trinity of seer, sight, and seen can exist only if supported by the One. If

one turns inward in search of that One Reality they fall away. Those who see

this are those who see Wisdom. They are never in doubt.

10. Ordinary knowledge is always

accompanied by ignorance, and ignorance by knowledge; the only true Knowledge

is that by which one knows the Self through enquiring whose is the knowledge

and ignorance.

.... To Be Contined

Source: http://www.realization.org/page/namedoc0/40_verses/40_verses_1.htm

--

Prasanth Jalasutram

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.53/2154 - Release 06/04/09

05:53:00

--

Guest guest

Dear friends,

My reposting of fthe 10 verses on Reality was an error. They were intended for my filing purposes, and I forgot to change the address.

Alan

Guest guest

Thanks every one for all your kind wishes and encouragement.I will take all your suggestions sincerely.Om namo Bhagavate Sri RamanayaPrasanth Jalasutram

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

Dear Prasanth,

Although I like the long postings, Harsha is our esteemed Group Owner and I would not wish you to do otherwise than what he requests.

All best wishes and renewed regards,

Alan--- On Fri, 5/6/09, Harsha wrote:

Harsha RE: Forty Verses on Reality By Sri Ramana Maharshi

Date: Friday, 5 June, 2009, 5:14 PM

Dear Prasanth,

I think both Peter and Michael have indicated similar things. Sri Ramana’s teachings are subtle and deep. Meditating on any one verse can provide the clue to the path and Self-Realization. How about we go back to the beginning and for the materials that you have posted, you post one verse at a time. That gives the group the time to reflect on it and meditate on it.

What you are posting is all available on the Internet.

It is not the volume of material that is the critical factor in the satsangh but reflecting on the important teaching.

In my view, posting one verse at a time and giving your own comments and understanding would be of value. These are just my views.

Sri Ramana’s teachings are the purest and the most subtle teachings. These can be contained in a sentence. So the emphasis should not be on the quantity shared but the quality of what is shared. I would encourage you to meditate on every verse carefully, and only then along with a few lines from you as comments, post it.

Again, these are just my views and I am open to correction.

Love,

Harsha

[HarshaSatsa ngh ] On Behalf Of Prasanth Jalasutram

Friday, June 05, 2009 7:17 AMRe: Forty Verses on Reality By Sri Ramana Maharshi

Dear Micheal Sir,

I think my inexperience is showing here and your advice indeed will help me.

Previously Harsha Sir helped me a lot to control my pride which i felt is a great advice.

Now i think Guru Ramana in the form of Micheal is again helping me out.

I will try to stop sending articles for some time and reduce my anxiety and instead utilize the same time in my sadhana.

Om namo Bhagavate Sri RamanayaPrasanth Jalasutram

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu> wrote:

Dear Prasanth

b u t

knowing out of my practical experience having done the same like you and will doing it again   a n d  by living my sadhana i know that this is not the proper way to do it....

why

as our Sadguru Sri Ramana advised writing and learning by heart his " poems " (and  translating them...) as a wonderful " tool " to " advance " ourselves i KNOW that  you cannot absorbe more than one verse at the time...

absorb i mean " digesting " it fully

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

-

Prasanth Jalasutram

undisclosed- recipients:

Verses 1-10

1. From our perception of the world there follows acceptance of a unique First Principle possessing various powers. Pictures of name and form, the person who sees, the screen on which he sees, and the light by which he sees: he himself is all of these..

.... To Be Contined

Source: http://www.realizat ion.org/page/ namedoc0/ 40_verses/ 40_verses_ 1.htm

-- 

Prasanth Jalasutram

--

--

Guest guest

I completely agree with Alanji. I always look forward to Prasantha's postings

though I have read the " Talks " . These postings shine the Gems more vibrantly in

my mind. We are free to choose and meditate only one gem at a time as we want

with our free choice. I hope Prasantha will not keep silent and keep on posting

the valuable teachings. Freedom is a very valuable Gem. Unity in Diversity!

Nima

, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

>

> Dear Prasanth,

>  

> I personally think your postings are most admirable. Our 1200 members are free

to read them at their leisure, and take from them what is useful for their

sadhana. I for one would be very sorry if you stopped posting just because of

one member;'s letter.

>  

> All very best wishes and warmest regards,

>  

> Yours in Bhagavan

>  

> Alan

>  

> Moderator

>

> --- On Fri, 5/6/09, Prasanth Jalasutram <jvrsprasanth wrote:

>

>

> Prasanth Jalasutram <jvrsprasanth

> Re: Forty Verses on Reality By Sri

Ramana Maharshi

>

> Friday, 5 June, 2009, 12:17 PM

>

>

Dear Micheal Sir,

>

>

> Thanks a lot for helping me to improve my spiritual practice.

>

>

> I think my inexperience is showing here and your advice indeed will help me..

>

>

> Previously Harsha Sir helped me a lot to control my pride which i felt is a

great advice.

>

>

> Now i think Guru Ramana in the form of Micheal is again helping me out.

>

>

> I will try to stop sending articles for some time and reduce my anxiety and

instead utilize the same time in my sadhana.

>

>

> Om namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

> Prasanth Jalasutram

>

>

> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu>

wrote:

>

>

>

Dear Prasanth

>  

> again tku so much for your ongoing efforts for all of us.

> It is appreciated indeed...

> b u t

>  

> knowing out of my practical experience having done the same like you and will

doing it again   a n d  by living my sadhana i know that this is not the proper

way to do it....

>  

> why

>  

> as our Sadguru Sri Ramana advised writing and learning by heart his " poems "

(and  translating them...) as a wonderful " tool " to " advance " ourselves i KNOW

that  you cannot absorbe more than one verse at the time...

> absorb i mean " digesting " it fully

>  

> in Sri Ramana Maharshi

>  

> michael

>  

>  

>

>

>

>

> -

> Prasanth Jalasutram

> undisclosed- recipients:

> Friday, June 05, 2009 11:37 AM

> Forty Verses on Reality By Sri Ramana

Maharshi

>

>

>

>

> Verses 1-10

>

>

> 1. From our perception of the world there follows acceptance of a unique First

Principle possessing various powers. Pictures of name and form, the person who

sees, the screen on which he sees, and the light by which he sees: he himself is

all of these.

>

>

> 2. All religions postulate the three fundamentals, the world, the soul, and

God, but it is only the one Reality that manifests Itself as these three. One

can say, 'The three are really three' only so long as the ego lasts. Therefore,

to inhere in one's own Being, where the 'I', or ego, is dead, is the perfect

State.

>

>

>

> 3. 'The world is real.' 'No, it, is a mere illusory appearance.' 'The world is

conscious.' 'No.' 'The world is happiness.' 'No.' What use is it to argue thus?

That State is agreeable to all, wherein, having given up the objective outlook,

one knows one's Self and loses all notions either of unity or duality, of

oneself and the ego.

>

>

>

> 4. If one has form oneself, the world and God also will appear to have form,

but if one is formless, who is it that sees those forms, and how? Without the

eye can any object be seen? The seeing Self is the Eye, and that Eye is the Eye

of Infinity.

>

>

>

> 5. The body is a form composed of the five-fold sheath; therefore, all the

five sheaths are implied in the term, body. Apart from the body does the world

exist? Has anyone seen the world without the body?

>

>

>

> 6. The world is nothing more than an embodiment of the objects perceived by

the five sense-organs. Since, through these five sense-organs, a single mind

perceives the world, the world is nothing but the mind. Apart from the mind can

there be a world?

>

>

>

> 7. Although the world and knowledge thereof rise and set together it is by

knowledge alone that the world is made apparent. That Perfection wherein the

world and knowledge thereof rise and set, and which shines without rising and

setting, is alone the Reality.

>

>

>

> 8. Under whatever name and form one may worship the Absolute Reality, it is

only a means for realizing It without name and form. That alone is true

realization, wherein one knows oneself in relation to that Reality, attains

peace and realizes one's identity with it.

>

>

>

> 9. The duality of subject and object and trinity of seer, sight, and seen can

exist only if supported by the One. If one turns inward in search of that One

Reality they fall away. Those who see this are those who see Wisdom. They are

never in doubt.

>

>

>

> 10. Ordinary knowledge is always accompanied by ignorance, and ignorance by

knowledge; the only true Knowledge is that by which one knows the Self through

enquiring whose is the knowledge and ignorance.

>

>

>

> .... To Be Contined

>

>

>

> Source: http://www.realizat ion.org/page/ namedoc0/ 40_verses/ 40_verses_

1.htm

> -- 

> Om namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

> Prasanth Jalasutram

>

> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

> Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.53/2154 - Release 06/04/09

05:53:00

--

>

Guest guest

Dear Purnimamujumdar,

Thank you. I have been reflecting on this question since it was first raised. The limitation of the single gem is that it does not give the context in which it was delivered. Surely it is not above our wit to select the gem which strikes one most from the main body of any text?

All best wishes and warm regards,

Alan--- On Sun, 7/6/09, purnimamujumdar <purnimamujumdar wrote:

purnimamujumdar <purnimamujumdarRe: Forty Verses on Reality By Sri Ramana Maharshi Date: Sunday, 7 June, 2009, 4:03 AM

I completely agree with Alanji. I always look forward to Prasantha's postings though I have read the "Talks". These postings shine the Gems more vibrantly in my mind. We are free to choose and meditate only one gem at a time as we want with our free choice. I hope Prasantha will not keep silent and keep on posting the valuable teachings. Freedom is a very valuable Gem.. Unity in Diversity!Nima, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Prasanth,> > I personally think your postings are most admirable. Our 1200 members are free to read them at their leisure, and take from them what is useful for their sadhana. I for one would be very sorry if you stopped posting just because of one

member;'s letter.> > All very best wishes and warmest regards,> > Yours in Bhagavan> > Alan> > Moderator> > --- On Fri, 5/6/09, Prasanth Jalasutram <jvrsprasanth@ ...> wrote:> > > Prasanth Jalasutram <jvrsprasanth@ ...>> Re: Forty Verses on Reality By Sri Ramana Maharshi> > Friday, 5 June, 2009, 12:17 PM> > > > > > > > > Dear Micheal Sir,> > > Thanks a lot for helping me to improve my spiritual practice.> > > I think my inexperience is showing here and

your advice indeed will help me..> > > Previously Harsha Sir helped me a lot to control my pride which i felt is a great advice.> > > Now i think Guru Ramana in the form of Micheal is again helping me out.> > > I will try to stop sending articles for some time and reduce my anxiety and instead utilize the same time in my sadhana.> > > Om namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya> Prasanth Jalasutram> > > On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu> wrote:> > > > > > > > > > Dear Prasanth> > again tku so much for your ongoing efforts for all of us.> It is appreciated indeed...> b u t> > knowing out of my practical experience having done the same like you and will doing it again a n

d by living my sadhana i know that this is not the proper way to do it....> > why> > as our Sadguru Sri Ramana advised writing and learning by heart his "poems" (and translating them...) as a wonderful "tool" to "advance" ourselves i KNOW that you cannot absorbe more than one verse at the time...> absorb i mean "digesting" it fully> > in Sri Ramana Maharshi> > michael> > > > > > > - > Prasanth Jalasutram > undisclosed- recipients: > Friday, June 05, 2009 11:37 AM> Forty Verses on Reality By Sri Ramana Maharshi> > > > > Verses 1-10> > > 1. From our perception of the world there follows acceptance of a unique First Principle

possessing various powers. Pictures of name and form, the person who sees, the screen on which he sees, and the light by which he sees: he himself is all of these.> > > 2. All religions postulate the three fundamentals, the world, the soul, and God, but it is only the one Reality that manifests Itself as these three. One can say, 'The three are really three' only so long as the ego lasts. Therefore, to inhere in one's own Being, where the 'I', or ego, is dead, is the perfect State.> > > > 3. 'The world is real.' 'No, it, is a mere illusory appearance.' 'The world is conscious.' 'No.' 'The world is happiness.' 'No.' What use is it to argue thus? That State is agreeable to all, wherein, having given up the objective outlook, one knows one's Self and loses all notions either of unity or duality, of oneself and the ego.> > > > 4. If one has form oneself, the world and God also will

appear to have form, but if one is formless, who is it that sees those forms, and how? Without the eye can any object be seen? The seeing Self is the Eye, and that Eye is the Eye of Infinity.> > > > 5. The body is a form composed of the five-fold sheath; therefore, all the five sheaths are implied in the term, body. Apart from the body does the world exist? Has anyone seen the world without the body?> > > > 6. The world is nothing more than an embodiment of the objects perceived by the five sense-organs. Since, through these five sense-organs, a single mind perceives the world, the world is nothing but the mind.. Apart from the mind can there be a world?> > > > 7. Although the world and knowledge thereof rise and set together it is by knowledge alone that the world is made apparent. That Perfection wherein the world and knowledge thereof rise and set, and which shines

without rising and setting, is alone the Reality.> > > > 8. Under whatever name and form one may worship the Absolute Reality, it is only a means for realizing It without name and form. That alone is true realization, wherein one knows oneself in relation to that Reality, attains peace and realizes one's identity with it.> > > > 9. The duality of subject and object and trinity of seer, sight, and seen can exist only if supported by the One. If one turns inward in search of that One Reality they fall away. Those who see this are those who see Wisdom. They are never in doubt.> > > > 10.. Ordinary knowledge is always accompanied by ignorance, and ignorance by knowledge; the only true Knowledge is that by which one knows the Self through enquiring whose is the knowledge and ignorance.> > > > .... To Be Contined> > > >

Source: http://www.realizat ion.org/page/ namedoc0/ 40_verses/ 40_verses_ 1.htm> -- > Om namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya> Prasanth Jalasutram> > > > > > > > > Checked by AVG - www.avg.com > Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.53/2154 - Release 06/04/09 05:53:00> > > > > > > -->