IndiaDivine.org

Ramana Maharshi about What is right and What is wrong

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It is clear reading this that there is really no standard judging right and wrong actions as our guru says opinions differ acc to the nature of each person.

So i feel best course is to remain silent rather than involving in other's matters.

I want to share 2 wonderful quotes from Gita regarding this.Ch3 Text5

All men are forced to act helplessly according to the impulses born of the modes of material nature; therefore no one can refrain from doing something, not even for a moment.

Ch3 Text33

Even a man of knowledge acts according to his own nature, for everyone follows his nature. What can repression accomplish?

-----------

Q: If it is a question of doing something one considers wrong, and thereby saving someone else from a great wrong, should one do it or refrain?Bhagavan: What is right and wrong? There is no standard by which to judge something to be right another to be wrong. Opinions differ according to the nature of the individual and according to the surroundings. They are again ideas and nothing more. Do not worry about them. But get rid of thoughts. If you always remain in the right, then right will prevail in the world.

When asked for further elucidation Sri Bhagavan then pointed out that to see wrong in another is one's own wrong. The discrimination between right and wrong is the origin of sin. One's own sin is reflected outside and the individual in ignorance superimposes it on another. The best course for one is to reach the state in which such discrimination does not arise. Do you see wrong or right in your sleep? Be asleep even in the wakeful state, abide as the Self and remain uncontaminated by what goes on around. Moreover, however much you might advise them, your hearers may not rectify themselves. Be in the right yourself and remain silent. Your silence will have more effect than your words or deeds.

Source: The Teachings of Ramana Maharshi edited by Arthur Osborne

-- Om namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Prasanth Jalasutram

Guest guest

Dear Prasanth

Namaste

You do astonish me in a wonder-ful way

with a certain feeling - you should aknowledge for yourself this ability - you find incredible jewels of wisdom, which are necessary to digest a n d

to live accordingly

only by doing likewise you radiate the SELF to the "outside" and have the treasure of real happiness

and

bytheway

the wisdom of your mailing is what this person michael has finally accepted at TRUTH and must be the signpost to living the SELF

better i cannot express it at the moment

thank you for your efforts

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

Guest guest

Shalom Yossi

h o w we ( sylvia, myself and Gabriel) enjoy your comments and poems....

thank you so much....

you remind me somehow on "uncle Trungpa"....

the book about him which i loved so much is no longer available

in ITS Grace

michael

-

Yosy Flug

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 3:02 PM

Re: Ramana Maharshi about What is right and What is wrong

Prasanth Jalasutram wrote:>>> It is clear reading this that there is really no standard judging > right and wrong actions as our guru says opinions differ acc to the > nature of each person.> So i feel best course is to remain silent rather than involving in > other's matters.> I want to share 2 wonderful quotes from Gita regarding this.> Ch3 Text5> All men are forced to act helplessly according to the impulses born of > the modes of material nature; therefore no one can refrain from doing > something, not even for a moment.> Ch3 Text33> Even a man of knowledge acts according to his own nature, for everyone > follows his nature. What can repression accomplish?> -------------------------> Q: If it is a question of doing something one considers wrong, and > thereby saving someone else from a great wrong, should one do it or > refrain?>> Bhagavan: What is right and wrong? There is no standard by which to > judge something to be right another to be wrong. Opinions differ > according to the nature of the individual and according to the > surroundings. They are again ideas and nothing more. Do not worry > about them. But get rid of thoughts. If you always remain in the > right, then right will prevail in the world.>:))third side of a coinfools and the ignorantbelievethat each coin has two sides.therefore, identifying with one,they vehemently opposethe other...but the wise see the obvious:realityis the third side of the coin.and thus, identifying with noneremain foreverfree.yosynnb>>> When asked for further elucidation Sri Bhagavan then pointed out that > to see wrong in another is one's own wrong. The discrimination between > right and wrong is the origin of sin. One's own sin is reflected > outside and the individual in ignorance superimposes it on > another. The best course for one is to reach the state in which such > discrimination does not arise. Do you see wrong or right in your > sleep? Be asleep even in the wakeful state, abide as the Self and > remain uncontaminated by what goes on around. Moreover, however much > you might advise them, your hearers may not rectify themselves. Be in > the right yourself and remain silent. Your silence will have more > effect than your words or deeds.>> Source: The Teachings of Ramana Maharshi edited by Arthur Osborne> >>

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.58/2164 - Release 06/08/09 17:59:00

Guest guest

Prasanth Jalasutram wrote:

>

>

> It is clear reading this that there is really no standard judging

> right and wrong actions as our guru says opinions differ acc to the

> nature of each person.

> So i feel best course is to remain silent rather than involving in

> other's matters.

> I want to share 2 wonderful quotes from Gita regarding this.

> Ch3 Text5

> All men are forced to act helplessly according to the impulses born of

> the modes of material nature; therefore no one can refrain from doing

> something, not even for a moment.

> Ch3 Text33

> Even a man of knowledge acts according to his own nature, for everyone

> follows his nature. What can repression accomplish?

>

--\

---------

> Q: If it is a question of doing something one considers wrong, and

> thereby saving someone else from a great wrong, should one do it or

> refrain?

>

> Bhagavan: What is right and wrong? There is no standard by which to

> judge something to be right another to be wrong. Opinions differ

> according to the nature of the individual and according to the

> surroundings. They are again ideas and nothing more. Do not worry

> about them. But get rid of thoughts. If you always remain in the

> right, then right will prevail in the world.

>

:))

third side of a coin

fools and the ignorant

believe

that each coin has two sides.

therefore, identifying with one,

they vehemently oppose

the other...

but the wise see the obvious:

reality

is the third side of the coin.