IndiaDivine.org

Paramahansa Yogananda - Samadhi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A Poem from the founder of the Self Realisation Fellowship . He visited Bhagavan -see Talks and the Archival Video.

Here's your Daily Poem from the Poetry Chaikhana --

Samadhi

By Paramahansa Yogananda(1893 - 1952)

Vanished the veils of light and shade,Lifted every vapor of sorrow,Sailed away all dawns of fleeting joy,Gone the dim sensory mirage.Love, hate, health, disease, life, death,Perished these false shadows on the screen of duality.Waves of laughter, scyllas of sarcasm, melancholic whirlpools,Melting in the vast sea of bliss.The storm of maya stilledBy magic wand of intuition deep.The universe, forgotten dream, subconsciously lurks,Ready to invade my newly wakened memory divine.I live without the cosmic shadow,But it is not, bereft of me;As the sea exists without the waves,But they breathe not without the sea.Dreams, wakings, states of deep turiya sleep,Present, past, future, no more for me,But ever-present, all-flowing I, I, everywhere.Planets, stars, stardust, earth,Volcanic bursts of

doomsday cataclysms,Creation's molding furnace,Glaciers of silent x-rays, burning electron floods,Thoughts of all men, past, present, to come,Every blade of grass, myself, mankind,Each particle of universal dust,Anger, greed, good, bad, salvation, lust,I swallowed, transmuted allInto a vast ocean of blood of my own one Being!Smoldering joy, oft-puffed by meditationBlinding my tearful eyes,Burst into immortal flames of bliss,Consumed my tears, my frame, my all.Thou art I, I am Thou,Knowing, Knower, Known, as One!Tranquilled, unbroken thrill, eternally living, ever new peace!Enjoyable beyond imagination of expectancy, samadhi bliss!Not a mental chloroformOr unconscious state without wilful return,Samadhi but extends my conscious realmBeyond the limits of the mortal frameTo farthest boundary of eternityWhere I, the Cosmic Sea,Watch the little ego

floating in me.The sparrow, each grain of sand, fall not without my sight.All space like an iceberg floats within my mental sea.Colossal Container, I, of all things made.By deeper, longer, thirsty, guru-given meditationComes this celestial samadhiMobile murmurs of atoms are heard,The dark earth, mountains, vales, lo! molten liquid!Flowing seas change into vapors of nebulae!Aum blows upon the vapors, opening wondrously their veils,Oceans stand revealed, shining electrons,Till, at last sound of the cosmic drum, Vanish the grosser lights into eternal raysOf all-pervading bliss.From joy I came, for joy I live, in sacred joy I melt.Ocean of mind, I drink all creation's waves.Four veils of solid, liquid, vapor, light,Lift aright.Myself, in everything, enters the Great Myself.Gone forever, fitful, flickering shadows of mortal memory.Spotless is my mental sky, below,

ahead, and high above.Eternity and I, one united ray.A tiny bubble of laughter, IAm become the Sea of Mirth Itself.

-- from Whispers from Eternity, by Paramahansa Yogananda

Amazon.com / Photo by spisharam /

============

Thought for the Day:

Look for the one who dreams through you.

============

Here's your Daily Music selection --

Toronto Tabla Ensemble

Second Palla

Listen - Purchase

More Music Selections

Hi Alan -I was in my late teens -- a time of frustration and personal road blocks -- when I first read Yogananda's Autobiography of a Yogi. With it's adventure, philosophy, description of mystical states and a deeper reality, respect for the universality of all religions... and its compassion, that book opened up my spiritual horizon. It restored my breath to me when so much in life seemed to be without purpose. It gave me the courage to hold a gentle heart, and begin to imagine a path of spirit.Yogananda's Autobiography was also my first introduction to the yogic term 'samadhi' -- the mystic's total, blissful, conscious union with the Divine.Myself, in everything, enters the Great Myself.'Samadhi' is one of Paramahansa Yogananda's most loved poems describing the ecstatic, elevated spiritual state. There is so much to say here, but I think I'll step back and

let Yogananda's words ring in the silence.Present, past, future, no more for me,But ever-present, all-flowing I, I, everywhere.A poem is built of rhythm and words upon a foundation of breath. And breath guides the awareness. A poem like this can lead the reader into lands of sacred experience...Spotless is my mental sky, below, ahead, and high above.Eternity and I, one united ray.Ivan

Support the Poetry Chaikhana

Donations to the Poetry Chaikhana in any amount are always welcome. Thank you!

Click here

You can also support the Poetry Chaikhana, as well as the authors and publishers of sacred poetry, by purchasing some of the recommended books through the links on this site. Thank you!

Click here

A small amount each month makes a big difference. Become a voluntary Subscriber for just $2/mo.

Click here

Help the Poetry Chaikhana reach more people. Become a Supporter for just $10/mo.

Poetry Chaikhana HomeNew | Books | Music | Teahouse | About | ContactPoets by: Name| Tradition | Timeline Poetry by: Theme | CommentaryBlog | Forum | Facebook | Twitter

www.Poetry-Chaikhana.com

Poetry ChaikhanaP.O. Box 2320Boulder, CO 80306

Ivan M. Granger's original poetry, stories and commentaries are 2002 - 2008 by Ivan M. Granger.All other material is copyrighted by the respective authors, translators and/or publishers.

============

Plain Text: If you have any difficulty reading this HTML formatted email, please let me know and I can send you plain text emails instead. Cancelling: If you wish to stop receiving this Daily Poem email from the Poetry Chaikhana, simply reply to this email and change the Subject to "Cancel".