IndiaDivine.org

PADAMALAI

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear friends , I have now posted enough verses of Prof. Swaminathan's translations of Muruganar's the Garland of Guru's Sayings and Sannidhi Murai for members to appreciate the value of these books.I will continue posting the WHO translation of the Garland I now intend to select verses from Padamalai which I consider to be the advanced Teachings of Ramana Maharshi, as they are the one's given to him and recorded by his close disciple the great Tamil poet Muruganar, who eventually attained Self Realisation through Bhagavan's Grace. This translation is by David Godman, Robert Butler, and Dr.T.V.Venkatasubramanian, and is published by David Godman and is available from the Book Depot at Ramanasramam. Padam literally means 'The Foot', and may be

interpreted as the Lotus Feet of the formless form of Sri Bhagavan which is the Self in the spiritual Hearts of his Devotees, from which His teaching and grace is freely given. Murugana is referring to Bhagavan whenever he uses the term Padam. Here is my first selection V.2 P.2 Fair Padam, the unattainable supreme, took on the noble vestments of the Guru to redeem this world.