IndiaDivine.org

Stephen Levine - In the realm of the passing away

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A week end poem from Ivan- an auspicious and joyous , fulfilling week end to all! Alan--- On Fri, 26/6/09, Poetry Chaikhana <ivan wrote:

Here's your Daily Poem from the Poetry Chaikhana --

In the realm of the passing away

By Stephen Levine(1937 - )

This is the realm of the passing away. All thatexists does not for long. Whatever comes into this world never stops slidingtoward the edge of eternity. Form arises from formlessness and passes back,arising and dissolving in a few dance steps betweencreation and destruction. We are born passing away. Seedlings and deadfall all face forward. Earthworms eat what remains. We sing not for that which dies but for that whichnever dies.

-- from Breaking the Drought: Visions of Grace, by Stephen Levine

Amazon.com / Photo by tipoyock /

============

Thought for the Day:

Mental concepts are an attempt to slice reality intoneat parcels, giving an artificial sense of control.God is that whole reality, undivided.

============

Here's your Daily Music selection --

Mandala

Night Queen

Listen - Purchase

More Music Selections

Hi Alan -Whatever comes into this world never stops slidingtoward the edge of eternity.Yesterday was a strange day of famous deaths. I woke up and found out that Ed McMahon had died the day before. Then I heard about Farrah Fawcett's passing. In the afternoon, checking out friends' comments on Facebook, I started to see messages about "Michael" and "Thriller." Were they saying that Michael Jackson had died too? A few searches on the Internet, and I found out that, yes, Michael Jackson had unexpectedly died. To add to that, I then was told that the actor Jeff Goldblum had died by falling off a cliff, only to find out later that he had been injured but did not die.Now, I can't say I felt a really strong personal connection to these famous figures, but by the end of the day I could feel the world's shock, especially over Michael Jackson's death. It would seem

strange not to mention such a significant death in today's email.In his personal life, Michael Jackson seemed eccentric and haunted, and accusations raised troubling questions. But frankly I don't know enough about the private man to comment or pass judgment. His genius as a singer and dancer can't be denied, however. I remember his performance at the Motown awards, singing "Billie Jean" wearing a single sequined glove, and sliding a smooth moonwalk across the stage. A revolution exploded in music and dance at that very moment, the repercussions of which are still reverberating through pop culture today.Michael Jackson is one of those rare figures, like Bob Marley, Elvis, John Lennon, a defining figure for the entire world. There is a reason that we call the ultra famous "stars." They are like the planets in astrology; they embody for the world a certain archetypal energy. But that makes normal human relationships next to impossible for

these people. We relate to the archetypal aura and not the person. Culture bearers are adored by millions and intimate with none.This archetypal role they play is also why their deaths are so traumatic to the world. Archetypes are, by their nature, eternal energies of the soul. So when a person embodying a particular archetype dies, the world feels a rupture, the planetary psyche feels disoriented and fragmented. How can that which we instinctively know to be eternal disappear from our midst? But what really happens is that the archetypal energy is released, returned back to each of us. Having seen it enacted outside of ourselves, we are again reminded to look within ourselves for those same qualities.So, today, sing! Hooo! And dance! Maybe try a moonwalk in socks across the kitchen floor...Ivan

Donations to the Poetry Chaikhana- No new donations this week---A few reasons to consider making a donation of your own...

The Poetry Chaikhana looks to the core that unifies all religions.

Ivan maintains the Poetry Chaikhana in his free time, usually in the mornings before work. Your donation allows him to trim back his work hours and dedicate more time to the Poetry Chaikhana and your emails.

The Poetry Chaikhana has visitors from more than 200 countries! Your support helps to quietly carry a message of unity, respect, and spiritual exploration to all parts of the world.

Email list cleanup. Two-thirds of the email signups each day are really spam. Ivan spends a considerable amount of time each week sifting through the false signups.

The brief 'Thought for the Day' says just the right thing some days.

Support the Poetry Chaikhana

Donations to the Poetry Chaikhana in any amount are always welcome. Thank you!

Click here

You can also support the Poetry Chaikhana, as well as the authors and publishers of sacred poetry, by purchasing some of the recommended books through the links on this site. Thank you!

Click here

A small amount each month makes a big difference. Become a voluntary Subscriber for just $2/mo.

Click here

Help the Poetry Chaikhana reach more people. Become a Supporter for just $10/mo.

Poetry Chaikhana HomeNew | Books | Music | Teahouse | About | ContactPoets by: Name| Tradition | Timeline Poetry by: Theme | CommentaryBlog | Forum | Facebook | Twitter

www.Poetry-Chaikhana.com

Poetry ChaikhanaP.O. Box 2320Boulder, CO 80306

Ivan M. Granger's original poetry, stories and commentaries are 2002 - 2008 by Ivan M. Granger.All other material is copyrighted by the respective authors, translators and/or publishers.

============

Plain Text: If you have any difficulty reading this HTML formatted email, please let me know and I can send you plain text emails instead. Cancelling: If you wish to stop receiving this Daily Poem email from the Poetry Chaikhana, simply reply to this email and change the Subject to "Cancel".