IndiaDivine.org

Ramana Maharshi explains meaning of I am That I Am in bible

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The essence of the mind isonly awareness or consciousness.When the ego, however,dominates it,it functions as the reasoning,thinking or sensing faculty.The cosmic mind, not being limited by the ego,

has nothing to separate from itself,and is therefore only Aware. This is what the Bible means by,I AM THAT I AM.[from] Talks with Ramana Maharshi[recorded March 13th, 1936]

-- Om namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Prasanth Jalasutram

Guest guest

Dear Prasanth,

Thanks for this most interesting posting.

Please can you give the exact Talk no. as there is no March 13th.. Talk recorded. in my Talks Edition.There is no date given between between 4 Feb 35 and 13 Aug 36 in my edition of Talks 6th Edition 1978. With thanks,

Yours in Him,

Alan--- On Mon, 13/7/09, Prasanth Jalasutram <jvrsprasanth wrote:

Prasanth Jalasutram <jvrsprasanth Ramana Maharshi explains meaning of "I am That I Am" in bibleMonday, 13 July, 2009, 8:36 AM

The essence of the mind isonly awareness or consciousness.When the ego, however,dominates it,it functions as the reasoning,thinking or sensing faculty.The cosmic mind, not being limited by the ego,has nothing to separate from itself,and is therefore only Aware. This is what the Bible means by,I AM THAT I AM.[from] Talks with Ramana Maharshi[recorded March 13th, 1936]

-- Om namo Bhagavate Sri RamanayaPrasanth Jalasutram

Guest guest

Alanji,I have received this mail some time back from another Ramana Maharshi devotees .I had trusted the source and hence i have forwarded the same.

My apologies for not authenticating before sending the same.I will try my best to find out from which book it is refered from.But nevertheless as known Ramana Maharshi always says whole of vedanta is contained in 2 bibilical statements 

“The Bible says, ‘Be still and know that I am God.’ Stillness is the sole requisite for the realisation of the Self as God. The whole Vedanta is contained in the two Biblical statements: ‘I AM THAT I AM’, and ‘BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD’.” -- Talks 338

‘Be still and know that I am God’. To be still is not to think. Know, and not think, is the word! (Talks, 131).

The Bible says ‘Be still and know that I am God’.Stillness is the sole requisite for the realisation of the Self as God. (Talks, 338).

Source: HUNTING THE ‘I’ according to Sri Ramana Maharshi By LUCY CORNELSSEN

Om namo Bhagavate Sri RamanayaPrasanth JalasutramOn Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

Dear Prasanth,

Thanks for this most interesting posting.

Please can you give the exact Talk no. as there is no March 13th.. Talk recorded. in my Talks Edition.There is no date given between between 4 Feb 35 and 13 Aug 36 in my edition of Talks 6th Edition 1978. With thanks,

Yours in Him,

Alan--- On Mon, 13/7/09, Prasanth Jalasutram <jvrsprasanth wrote:

Prasanth Jalasutram <jvrsprasanth Ramana Maharshi explains meaning of " I am That I Am " in bible

Monday, 13 July, 2009, 8:36 AM

The essence of the mind isonly awareness or consciousness.When the ego, however,dominates it,it functions as the reasoning,thinking or sensing faculty.The cosmic mind, not being limited by the ego,

has nothing to separate from itself,and is therefore only Aware. This is what the Bible means by,I AM THAT I AM.[from] Talks with Ramana Maharshi[recorded March 13th, 1936]

-- Om namo Bhagavate Sri RamanayaPrasanth Jalasutram

--