Guest guest

Guest guest

--- On Fri, 7/8/09, Poetry Chaikhana <ivan wrote:

Sent courtesy of Ivan Granger

Here's your Daily Poem from the Poetry Chaikhana --

lift the veil

By Kabir(15th Century)

English version by Sushil Rao

lift the veilthat obscuresthe heartand thereyou will findwhat you arelooking for

/ Photo by D Sharon Pruitt /

============

Thought for the Day:

Each day, each momentis a step into the unknown.How can you feel anythingbut amazement?

============

Here's your Daily Music selection --

Vox Angelica

Chants of Heaven and Earth

Listen / Purchase

More Music Selections

Hi Alan -A short poem today, but one that says plenty...Ivan2 Week HiatusToday's poem will be the last one I send out for a couple of weeks. I will be taking this time off to spend with my ailing mother. Lots of love to everyone !

Share Your Thoughts on today's poem or my commentary...

Donations to the Poetry ChaikhanaA sincere thank you to everyone who donated to the Poetry Chaikhana in the last couple of weeks:- Judson (NC)Thank you also to everyone who contributes monthly through a voluntary paid subscription. New rs:- Cindie< Eirene(CA)I am so grateful for each and every contribution. Your support makes a big difference in maintaining the Poetry Chaikhana.---A few reasons to consider making a donation of your own...

Ivan supports himself and his family through part-time work. Your contribution helps him to cover his expenses and dedicate more time to the Poetry Chaikhana.

Contributing will put a smile on your face!

People's interests naturally change and evolve over time. Individuals who donated regularly a couple years ago often move on. That's to be expected. For that reason, the Poetry Chaikhana needs new contributors.

The daily poem email gives you something quiet and sacred to look forward to at the end of the day.

The Poetry Chaikhana looks to the core that unifies all religions.

Support the Poetry Chaikhana

Donations to the Poetry Chaikhana in any amount are always welcome. Thank you!

Click here

You can also support the Poetry Chaikhana, as well as the authors and publishers of sacred poetry, by purchasing some of the recommended books through the links on this site. Thank you!

Click here

A small amount each month makes a big difference. Become a voluntary Subscriber for just $2/mo.

Click here

Help the Poetry Chaikhana reach more people. Become a Supporter for just $10/mo.

Poetry Chaikhana HomeNew | Books | Music | Teahouse | About | ContactPoets by: Name| Tradition | Timeline Poetry by: Theme | CommentaryBlog | Forum | Facebook | Twitter

www.Poetry-Chaikhana.com

Poetry ChaikhanaP.O. Box 2320Boulder, CO 80306

Ivan M. Granger's original poetry, stories and commentaries are 2002 - 2008 by Ivan M. Granger.All other material is copyrighted by the respective authors, translators and/or publishers.

============

Plain Text: If you have any difficulty reading this HTML formatted email, please let me know and I can send you plain text emails instead. Cancelling: If you wish to stop receiving this Daily Poem email from the Poetry Chaikhana, simply reply to this email and change the Subject to "Cancel".

Guest guest

Thank you for this Alan.

inside a cage lived a wild beingwho clawed and shook the bars of the cageinside of the wild being lived a tiny kind beingwho prayed and meditated for the wild being to be released from this rageinside this tiny kind being was a vast powerful sizeless beingthat could easily destroy the cageas soon as the wild being listened to the tiny kind beingthe tiny kind being asked the sizeless being to destroy the ragethe sizeless being saw that the wild being had surrenderedand instantly removed the the cage

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs Sent: Friday, August 7, 2009 9:46:12 AM Kabir - lift the veil

--- On Fri, 7/8/09, Poetry Chaikhana <ivan@poetry- chaikhana. com> wrote:

lift the veil

By Kabir(15th Century)

lift the veilthat obscuresthe heartand thereyou will findwhat you arelooking for

============

Thought for the Day:

Each day, each momentis a step into the unknown.How can you feel anythingbut amazement?

============

Vox Angelica

Listen / Purchase

More Music Selections

Hi Alan -A short poem today, but one that says plenty...Ivan2 Week HiatusToday's poem will be the last one I send out for a couple of weeks. I will be taking this time off to spend with my ailing mother. Lots of love to everyone !

Share Your Thoughts on today's poem or my commentary.. .

Donations to the Poetry ChaikhanaA sincere thank you to everyone who donated to the Poetry Chaikhana in the last couple of weeks:- Judson (NC)Thank you also to everyone who contributes monthly through a voluntary paid subscription. New rs:- Cindie< Eirene(CA)I am so grateful for each and every contribution. Your support makes a big difference in maintaining the Poetry Chaikhana.---A few reasons to consider making a donation of your own...

Ivan supports himself and his family through part-time work. Your contribution helps him to cover his expenses and dedicate more time to the Poetry Chaikhana.

People's interests naturally change and evolve over time. Individuals who donated regularly a couple years ago often move on. That's to be expected. For that reason, the Poetry Chaikhana needs new contributors.

The daily poem email gives you something quiet and sacred to look forward to at the end of the day.

Click here

You can also support the Poetry Chaikhana, as well as the authors and publishers of sacred poetry, by purchasing some of the recommended books through the links on this site. Thank you!

Click here

A small amount each month makes a big difference. Become a voluntary Subscriber for just $2/mo.

Click here

Help the Poetry Chaikhana reach more people. Become a Supporter for just $10/mo.

Poetry Chaikhana HomeNew | Books | Music | Teahouse | About | ContactPoets by: Name| Tradition | Timeline Poetry by: Theme | CommentaryBlog | Forum | Facebook | Twitter www.Poetry-Chaikhan a.com Poetry ChaikhanaP.O. Box 2320Boulder, CO 80306

Ivan M. Granger's original poetry, stories and commentaries are 2002 - 2008 by Ivan M. Granger.All other material is copyrighted by the respective authors, translators and/or publishers.

============

Plain Text: If you have any difficulty reading this HTML formatted email, please let me know and I can send you plain text emails instead. Cancelling: If you wish to stop receiving this Daily Poem email from the Poetry Chaikhana, simply reply to this email and change the Subject to "Cancel".

Guest guest

---- Original message ----

>Date:   Fri, 7 Aug 2009 16:46:12 +0000 (GMT)

>   Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs

>Subject:   Kabir - lift the

veil

>To:  

>

>

>

> --- On Fri, 7/8/09, Poetry Chaikhana

> <ivan wrote:

>

> Sent courtesy of Ivan Granger

>

> Here's your Daily Poem from the Poetry Chaikhana

> --

>

>

> lift the veil

> By Kabir

> (15th Century)

> English version by Sushil Rao

>

>

> lift the veil

> that obscures

> the heart

>

> and there

> you will find

> what you are

> looking for

>

>

:) oh yes... jai kabir

Ever since

Beloved,

Ever since

Your grace removed

My heart's

Hard shell of “meâ€

All my eyes behold

Wherever and whenever

Everyone I face

Is

Totally

Enlightened

jai jai ramanaji!

shabbat shalom all,

yody

Guest guest

Dear Rafe,

Thanks. I enjoyed the original and highly apposite metaphor. All love, in His Grace, Alan--- On Fri, 7/8/09, Rafe Stoneman <rafaelstoneman wrote:

Rafe Stoneman <rafaelstonemanRe: Kabir - lift the veil Date: Friday, 7 August, 2009, 9:12 PM

Thank you for this Alan.

inside a cage lived a wild beingwho clawed and shook the bars of the cageinside of the wild being lived a tiny kind beingwho prayed and meditated for the wild being to be released from this rageinside this tiny kind being was a vast powerful sizeless beingthat could easily destroy the cageas soon as the wild being listened to the tiny kind beingthe tiny kind being asked the sizeless being to destroy the ragethe sizeless being saw that the wild being had surrenderedand instantly removed the the cage

Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ .co. uk>Friday, August 7, 2009 9:46:12 AM Kabir - lift the veil

--- On Fri, 7/8/09, Poetry Chaikhana <ivan@poetry- chaikhana. com> wrote:

lift the veil

By Kabir(15th Century)

============

Thought for the Day:

============

Vox Angelica

Listen / Purchase

More Music Selections

Share Your Thoughts on today's poem or my commentary.. .

Click here

Click here

Click here

Poetry Chaikhana HomeNew | Books | Music | Teahouse | About | ContactPoets by: Name| Tradition | Timeline Poetry by: Theme | CommentaryBlog | Forum | Facebook | Twitter www.Poetry-Chaikhan a.com Poetry ChaikhanaP.O. Box 2320Boulder, CO 80306

============