IndiaDivine.org

The Highest Operation of Grace

Rate this topic

Guest guest

--- On Thu, 27/8/09, www ramanateaching org <sadasivananda wrote:

www ramanateaching org <sadasivanandaThe Highest Operation of GracealanadamsjacobsDate: Thursday, 27 August, 2009, 4:47 PM

- A Smile - The Highest Operation of Grace

"His gentle smile shone like the cool rays of the moon. His words simply rained amrit. We sat there like statues without consciousness of the body."

It was said of Sri Ramana Maharshi that he had: "A look that pierced." So much so that people had to avert or close their eyes when his look fell upon them. Nevertheless, when his look displayed his divine smile, all were transfixed. Many have tried to communicate the wondrous experience of beholding the smile of Bhagavan. They all finally admitted that their words fell far short of the wonder. Here are a few instances from those who attempted to convey the effect of the smile that seemed to 'burst open the very gates of heaven'. "You can imagine nothing more beautiful than his smile. There is no way of describing the radiance of his smile...A simple woman said: I don't understand the philosophy but when he smiles at me I feel

safe, just like a child in its mother's arms... I had never yet seen him when I received a letter from my five-year-old daughter: 'You will love Bhagavan. When he smiles everyone must be so happy'." "And he would explain that it is the Guru not the disciple who sees the progress made; it is for the disciple to carry on persevering with his work even though the structure being raised may be out of sight of the mind. It may sound a hard path, but the disciples' love for Bhagavan and the graciousness of his smile gave it beauty."...

Source: The text above is an excerpt from a posting on the website: www.ramanateaching.org Attached is the entire article on "Smile!"

© 2009 www ramanateaching org

Attachments:

Smile.pdf (795K)

This email was sent by www ramanateaching org, Arunachala, Tiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu 606603, using Express Email Marketing. You were added to this list as alanadamsjacobs on 7/3/2009.

Express Email Marketing supports permission-based email marketing. You can change your preferences or from this mailing list at any time.