IndiaDivine.org

Inquiry Practice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Rapha,

From my own experience and others , all kinds of changes take place as Self Enquiry progresses. The action of Self Enquiry starts to remove vasanas and loosen the granthi knot- the identification with the mind body, so the psyche is now undergoing subtle changes directed by the Grace of the Inner Guru (Self) as Enquiry moves on. Many devotees have experienced these difficult changing states and David Godman has collected them from Talks and made an anthology of them in his excellent book ' Be As You Are.' This is all in Chapter 16, Problems and Experiences in Part 5 Experience. I strongly recommend you read them , because Bhagavan's answers to troubled devotees settled my mind. The thrust is to persevere and all will come right in the end. I hope this is helpful.

All very best wishes and warm regards,

Yours in Bhagavan,

Alan--- On Tue, 1/9/09, beingnothing00 <beingnothing00 wrote:

beingnothing00 <beingnothing00 Inquiry Practice Date: Tuesday, 1 September, 2009, 3:10 AM

Hello EveryoneIt's been a while since I posted, but I have been continuing with the practice all the same.A significant issue has arisen for me which I would very much appreciate any informed views on.The practice has been going in quite deeply in recent months.I find I am becoming very drowsy outside meditation now, especially when I am not concentrating on anything, like work so that the sense of a controlling the mind is temporarily gone and often very quickly.Also, there have been some episodes of feeling total wakefulness even in sleep. A sence of being submerged with the brain switched off but sensing awakeness anyway.Could the two be related and is the first expected? Apart from continuing the self inquiry, is there anything I should be especially aware at this point?It would be great to hear from anyone with personal experience of such issues in their own practice. Many

thanks.NamasteRapha

sound very natural to me...

yesterday i lay down to take a nap and was in a deep sleep... i woke up to pick up my sons from school and lay back down to deep sleep... my son kept waking me up.... but even while awake it was as if i was in a deep sleep... Ramana did say sleep while awake. awake while asleep...

even now, it is the middle of the night and i am wide awake...

but beyond the literal analysis of sleeping and waking

and even beyond the routine such as diet and daily activity, etc that may affect drowsines

one simply has to stay with Self and let the rest come as it comes knowing it has nothing to do with Self

i hope this has been of some usefulness

it has for me and i appreciate your post very much

beingnothing00 <beingnothing00 Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 7:10:56 PM Inquiry Practice

Hello EveryoneIt's been a while since I posted, but I have been continuing with the practice all the same.A significant issue has arisen for me which I would very much appreciate any informed views on.The practice has been going in quite deeply in recent months.I find I am becoming very drowsy outside meditation now, especially when I am not concentrating on anything, like work so that the sense of a controlling the mind is temporarily gone and often very quickly.Also, there have been some episodes of feeling total wakefulness even in sleep. A sence of being submerged with the brain switched off but sensing awakeness anyway.Could the two be related and is the first expected? Apart from continuing the self inquiry, is there anything I should be especially aware at this point?It would be great to hear from anyone with personal experience of such issues in their own practice. Many

thanks.NamasteRapha

Alan, Rafe

Thanks for your replies. I'll just keep on with the practice then.

Namaste

Rapha

, Rafe Stoneman <rafaelstoneman wrote:

>

> sound very natural to me...

> yesterday i lay down to take a nap and was in a deep sleep... i woke up to

pick up my sons from school and lay back down to deep sleep... my son kept

waking me up... but even while awake it was as if i was in a deep sleep...

Ramana did say sleep while awake. awake while asleep...

> even now, it is the middle of the night and i am wide awake....

> but beyond the literal analysis of sleeping and waking

> and even beyond the routine such as diet and daily activity, etc that may

affect drowsines

> one simply has to stay with Self and let the rest come as it comes knowing it

has nothing to do with Self

> i hope this has been of some usefulness

> it has for me and i appreciate your post very much

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> beingnothing00 <beingnothing00

>

> Monday, August 31, 2009 7:10:56 PM

> Inquiry Practice

>

>  

> Hello Everyone

>

> It's been a while since I posted, but I have been continuing with the practice

all the same.

>

> A significant issue has arisen for me which I would very much appreciate any

informed views on.

>

> The practice has been going in quite deeply in recent months.

>

> I find I am becoming very drowsy outside meditation now, especially when I am

not concentrating on anything, like work so that the sense of a controlling the

mind is temporarily gone and often very quickly.

>

> Also, there have been some episodes of feeling total wakefulness even in

sleep. A sence of being submerged with the brain switched off but sensing

awakeness anyway.

>

> Could the two be related and is the first expected? Apart from continuing the

self inquiry, is there anything I should be especially aware at this point?

>

> It would be great to hear from anyone with personal experience of such issues

in their own practice. Many thanks.

>

> Namaste

> Rapha

>