IndiaDivine.org

to all concerned

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All,Let me add, my two cents of confusion or understanding of Advaita while involving ourselves physically in the activities of this world, which is apparently an illusion. In fact, this world is not an illusion as such, but unless we think so, we get attached to it and that is the reason, we need to keep in mind that all these changes in the apparent world outside is perishable and the only non-perishable thing is Self or Soul or Atman or Brahman, as the case may be.Now coming to the point in view, we all know that none of us is going to survive on this earth beyond a point. We all have to leave behind everything that we think ours. But, what really ours is nothing. When nothing is ours, why all these attachments, ego-centric approaches like shouting at others on disagreement or difference of opinion and dub such a behaviour on karma, etc.

It means, there is something wrong somewhere in our understanding. That is the reason, Bhagawan Sri Ramana Maharshi says live an Advaita life inwardly but outwardly lead a dwaita life, as this materialistic world does not understand and appreciate the Advaita way of life. The understanding and truth that "I am the Self and NOT THIS BODY" should not lead to arguments, but make one to understand the depth of it so that one deals with others as one deals with oneself. That is the true understanding and approach of Advaita.I fully agree with expressions of Alan Jacob with all love and respects.Love and Love alone.....P. Gopi Krishna

to all concerned

Posted by: "Michael Bindel"

michael.bindel

michael_bindel

Sat Sep 5, 2009 4:49 am (PDT)

R A F E

your effort is most welcomed and am thankful

p l e a s e

try to find for yourself!!! a down to earth approach to this question

why Sadguru Sri Ramana Maharshi said (in my words of course)

NONDUALITY HAS TO BE LIVED INTERNALLY

NOT EXTERNALLY

WHY

please try "better" to find an answer to this and Rafe - following my "intuition" put this question to your dear wife

she is blessed..... ..

and she lives with you...

and she absorbs you....

go ahead and give a try

in GD michael TRUSTS absolutely

michael

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

Dear Gopi Krishna,

True wisdom.

I am glad we are in agreement.

Love and love alone,

Yours in Bhagavan,

Alan--- On Mon, 7/9/09, Gopi Krishna <p_gopi_krishna wrote:

Gopi Krishna <p_gopi_krishna to all concerned Cc: michael.bindelDate: Monday, 7 September, 2009, 5:38 AM

Dear All,Let me add, my two cents of confusion or understanding of Advaita while involving ourselves physically in the activities of this world, which is apparently an illusion. In fact, this world is not an illusion as such, but unless we think so, we get attached to it and that is the reason, we need to keep in mind that all these changes in the apparent world outside is perishable and the only non-perishable thing is Self or Soul or Atman or Brahman, as the case may be.Now coming to the point in view, we all know that none of us is going to survive on this earth beyond a point. We all have to leave behind everything that we think ours. But, what really ours is nothing. When nothing is ours, why all these attachments, ego-centric approaches like shouting at others on disagreement or difference of opinion and dub such a behaviour on karma, etc. It means, there is something wrong somewhere in our understanding. That is the

reason, Bhagawan Sri Ramana Maharshi says live an Advaita life inwardly but outwardly lead a dwaita life, as this materialistic world does not understand and appreciate the Advaita way of life. The understanding and truth that "I am the Self and NOT THIS BODY" should not lead to arguments, but make one to understand the depth of it so that one deals with others as one deals with oneself. That is the true understanding and approach of Advaita.I fully agree with expressions of Alan Jacob with all love and respects.Love and Love alone.....P. Gopi Krishna

to all concerned

Posted by: "Michael Bindel" michael.bindel@ t-online. hu michael_bindel

R A F Eyour effort is most welcomed and am thankfulp l e a s etry to find for yourself!!! a down to earth approach to this questionwhy Sadguru Sri Ramana Maharshi said (in my words of course)NONDUALITY HAS TO BE LIVED INTERNALLYNOT EXTERNALLYWHYplease try "better" to find an answer to this and Rafe - following my "intuition" put this question to your dear wifeshe is blessed..... ..and she lives with you...and she absorbs you....go ahead and give a tryin GD michael TRUSTS absolutelymichael

Dear Gopi Krishna garu ,

Very clear and well stated . The problem ( as this smal "i " sees it ) appears to be that we seem to have enough spare time on hand to discuss / argue / analyse / judge / and indulge in a kind of a mental distraction.

The less said and the more felt ; the better.

time for me to shut up.

all love

ramesh

--- On Mon, 9/7/09, Gopi Krishna <p_gopi_krishna wrote:

Gopi Krishna <p_gopi_krishna to all concerned Cc: michael.bindelDate: Monday, September 7, 2009, 10:08 AM

Dear All,Let me add, my two cents of confusion or understanding of Advaita while involving ourselves physically in the activities of this world, which is apparently an illusion. In fact, this world is not an illusion as such, but unless we think so, we get attached to it and that is the reason, we need to keep in mind that all these changes in the apparent world outside is perishable and the only non-perishable thing is Self or Soul or Atman or Brahman, as the case may be.Now coming to the point in view, we all know that none of us is going to survive on this earth beyond a point. We all have to leave behind everything that we think ours. But, what really ours is nothing. When nothing is ours, why all these attachments, ego-centric approaches like shouting at others on disagreement or difference of opinion and dub such a behaviour on karma, etc. It means, there is something wrong somewhere in our understanding. That is the

reason, Bhagawan Sri Ramana Maharshi says live an Advaita life inwardly but outwardly lead a dwaita life, as this materialistic world does not understand and appreciate the Advaita way of life. The understanding and truth that "I am the Self and NOT THIS BODY" should not lead to arguments, but make one to understand the depth of it so that one deals with others as one deals with oneself. That is the true understanding and approach of Advaita.I fully agree with expressions of Alan Jacob with all love and respects.Love and Love alone.....P. Gopi Krishna

to all concerned

Posted by: "Michael Bindel" michael.bindel@ t-online. hu michael_bindel

R A F Eyour effort is most welcomed and am thankfulp l e a s etry to find for yourself!!! a down to earth approach to this questionwhy Sadguru Sri Ramana Maharshi said (in my words of course)NONDUALITY HAS TO BE LIVED INTERNALLYNOT EXTERNALLYWHYplease try "better" to find an answer to this and Rafe - following my "intuition" put this question to your dear wifeshe is blessed..... ..and she lives with you...and she absorbs you....go ahead and give a tryin GD michael TRUSTS absolutelymichael

Dear Gopi Krishna

after reading and rereading your contribution:

wonderful work done

thank you so much for answering the question michael put to the Sangha, because this questions touches the core of "the matter"

Due to my manyfold experiences in decades with people all over who looked for "being happy", wanting to "change" their lives, wanting to find "TRUTH" and so and discovering that most, nearly all of them, wanted just to find an easier way out of the labyrinth of their life, nearly never commiting themselves fully to their "search". The same i found i so many who use advaita as a signpost instead of looking to the "moon".

So i keep asking all concerned how do you put your search in practical terms in life from moment to moment...

and here there is a big big silence

Your answer is really to the point - congratulations.

There remains a question mark regarding your last statement:

The understanding and truth that "I am the Self and NOT THIS BODY" should not lead to arguments, but make one to understand the depth of it so that one deals with others as one deals with oneself. That is the true understanding and approach of Advaita.

And who of us deals with himself as heshe should - according to Advaita?

Knowing that we are the SELF and nothing else - in a world full of those, who believe their egosuffering is all what is....

So each of us should give hisher best to live his life according to hisher INNER BELIEF i prefer to state my inner knowledge

because this INNER knowledge should and must be free of any doubt

but this is only possible for those of us who have been struggling suffering etc thru ages - who understand the luggagge of "past", integrated the lessons learned from "past" into their present being

only those can communicate like you stated on a personal level in the dual world, rooted themselves in nonduality.

Hoping it was able to communicate what michael ment

in GD michael TRUSTS UNCONDITIONALLY

michael

-

Gopi Krishna

Cc: michael.bindel

Monday, September 07, 2009 6:38 AM

to all concerned

Dear All,Let me add, my two cents of confusion or understanding of Advaita while involving ourselves physically in the activities of this world, which is apparently an illusion. In fact, this world is not an illusion as such, but unless we think so, we get attached to it and that is the reason, we need to keep in mind that all these changes in the apparent world outside is perishable and the only non-perishable thing is Self or Soul or Atman or Brahman, as the case may be.Now coming to the point in view, we all know that none of us is going to survive on this earth beyond a point. We all have to leave behind everything that we think ours. But, what really ours is nothing. When nothing is ours, why all these attachments, ego-centric approaches like shouting at others on disagreement or difference of opinion and dub such a behaviour on karma, etc. It means, there is something wrong somewhere in our understanding. That is the reason, Bhagawan Sri Ramana Maharshi says live an Advaita life inwardly but outwardly lead a dwaita life, as this materialistic world does not understand and appreciate the Advaita way of life. I fully agree with expressions of Alan Jacob with all love and respects.Love and Love alone.....P. Gopi Krishna

to all concerned

Posted by: "Michael Bindel" michael.bindel (AT) t-online (DOT) hu michael_bindel

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.409 / Virus Database: 270.13.80/2349 - Release 09/06/09 05:51:00

non duality state of mind can be be lived internally as well as externally.sri Ramana is not telling you anything Rafe, it s enough you spoke. Rafe Stoneman <rafaelstoneman Sent: Saturday, September 5, 2009 7:45:47 PMRe:

to all concerned

quite frankly, Ramana isn't telling that to me

so i speak to the moment

not to an idea

just live

Life will reveal its secrets to the heart

no rules apply to the heart

Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu>Saturday, September 5, 2009 4:48:33 AM to all concerned

R A F E

your effort is most welcomed and am thankful

p l e a s e

try to find for yourself!!! a down to earth approach to this question

why Sadguru Sri Ramana Maharshi said (in my words of course)

NONDUALITY HAS TO BE LIVED INTERNALLY

NOT EXTERNALLY

WHY

please try "better" to find an answer to this and Rafe - following my "intuition" put this question to your dear wife

she is blessed..... ..

and she lives with you...

and she absorbs you....

go ahead and give a try

in GD michael TRUSTS absolutely

michael

-

Rafe Stoneman

Friday, September 04, 2009 9:17 PM

Re: to all concerned

there is no one set answer that can be given...

to each the Self reveals Divine Purpose which can not be conferred or validated by another

when I trimmed trees, I was a tree trimmer

when I was in the Army, I was a soldier

when I go to college, I am a student

when I am with my kids, I am a father

throughout all of these conditions,

I am Self

But alas, for the shining supreme Self without attributes

who can dictate policy...

If there was any doubt in young Venkataraman' s mind about quitting school and abandoning home at the age of 16... that doubt would be attributed to his Prabaradha karma

but alas, all doubts were schewed

and so we are here on satsang because of His Grace and veiless action

But His life is only relevant so as we may live our true life beyond the circumstances while in them

and free from creating new cravings for experience in time...

Forgive the spelling errors, and Michael, I did my best to keep it practical and simple... but the fingers took over and what comes comes... who is there to edit?

The rider of Yosi's dead donkey- Rafael, Rafe, Mr. Stoneman, or just plain Ass...

Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu>@ . .comFriday, September 4, 2009 11:17:54 AMRe: to all concerned

Dear Rafe

the real question behind all this... could be

how to put in practice our inner knowledge of NONDUALITY

knowing that nonduality must be lived INWARD and not outward.....

please elaborate... ..

if possible

b u t

as practical as possible.... .

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

-

Rafe Stoneman

Friday, September 04, 2009 7:03 PM

just because we know duality is an illustion does not mean that urinate in the check out line at the supermarket. .. not to say that if one does, they are not Self ... but for lives being lived in 'normalcy'.. . Self seems disinterested in any strange, crazy examples of non dual, realization. .. but as Ramesh pointed to... appearances can be quite deceptive... . mind never really needs to concern itself with behavior in the end, as Self generates on its own all demonstrations in accordance with Its own nature... just as we don't 'choose' to be Gurus... people decided to make Ramana a Guru... He never sought any attention... Self was simply compassionate enough to live amongst others in such a natural way...

Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu>Friday, September 4, 2009 9:49:41 AMRe: to all concerned

sorry Rafi

your answer is at the moment not understood

try to put in other words

tku

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

-

Rafe Stoneman

Friday, September 04, 2009 5:56 PM

As Gopi told in India: "we don't drive into on comming traffic just because we know all is Self"...

Michael Bindel <michael.bindel@ t-online. hu>Friday, September 4, 2009 8:14:46 AM to all concerned

Please explain as down to earth as possible what is meant with

outword behaviour must conform with the best standards of the society into which we are placed

because everything on earth said written spoken is sooo easily misinterepreted

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.409 / Virus Database: 270.13.76/2345 - Release 09/04/09 05:51:00

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.409 / Virus Database: 270.13.76/2345 - Release 09/04/09 05:51:00

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.409 / Virus Database: 270.13.77/2346 - Release 09/04/09 17:51:00