IndiaDivine.org

AW: Ramana Maharshi says All Religions reveal fact that Self is the Supreme Reality

Rate this topic

Guest guest

BOOM!!dear yosi,cant be more elucidated!

Jai Ramana-ji!!

Von: "yosyflug" <yosyflugAn: Gesendet: Donnerstag, den 10. September 2009, 01:01:32 UhrBetreff: Re: Ramana Maharshi says All Religions reveal fact that Self is the Supreme Reality

---- Original message ---- > Wed, 9 Sep 2009 13:47:11 -0700 (PDT) > Raymund Poe <raymundpoe > > Re: Ramana Maharshi says All Religions reveal fact that Self is the Supreme Reality > > > > > if not of religion there will be no word to express > the supreme universe. I Am brahma, I Am, I Am god, > is the result of distorted mind. I Am can not be > other than It. There is no god, brahma, I Am alone > exist. hehehehe do it really? well, actually...

I am, Self identity Is a donkey. Mind, name, form, feelings Emotions, cravings, hopes and fears All included… merely an ass. We all are donkeys, whether considered most intelligent And revered as such Or regarded as the dumbest of the dumb… No different from plain asses – Likewise subject to birth, growth, decay and death. But the remember, friend, Lucky seeker after truth, That the master, the all pervading Nameless and impersonal self Is boundless and beyond time. Peerless ghost rider Directing and guiding all donkeys, The herd owner and sustainer Is the same resplendent one and only, Birth-less and deathless reality. There is no other. So Wake up from dreams of selfhood, oh fortunate! Friend of bright prospects, Enjoy the frolics Of the dead donkey – While there is time. BOOM! yosy jai

ramana-ji! > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- > > Prasanth Jalasutram <jvrsprasanth@ gmail.com> > Wednesday, September 9, 2009 8:49:47 AM > Ramana > Maharshi says All Religions reveal fact that Self is > the Supreme Reality > > > If there were not, in each religion, at least one > word which could reveal the transcendental Supreme > Thing in the Heart, as clearly as a mountain on a > plain, then all the researches and arguments found > in the scriptures of that religion would become > nothing but the hubbub of a cattle market. > > Sadhu Om: It is asserted in this verse that at least > one word or saying [Mahavakya] which easily

reveals > the fact that Self is the Supreme Reality will be > found in every true religion existing on earth. Some > of those pointed out by Sri Bhagavan are: > > in Hinduism – “Tat twam asiâ€, “Aham > Brahmasmiâ€, etc. > in Islam – “Ana’l-Haqâ€; > in Judaism and Christianity – “I AM THAT I > AMâ€. > > These words clearly show that God is the Reality of > the first person, ‘I’. > > Know that the bright light of fire that rises > within, kindled by more and more inwardly grinding > the mind,which has been made free from impurities, > on the stone of heart through [the enquiry] ‘Who > am I?’, is the true knowledge “Ana’l-Haq†[i > am the reality]. > > Sadhu Om: If a religion is a true one, at least one > sacred utterance of Mahavakya which reveals the >

transcendent nature of Self,should be found in its > scriptures. If such a Mahavakya were not found in > its scriptures, it would not be a true religion. For > example,Sri Bhagavan used to point out the peerless > Mahavakya ‘I am that I am’ which is revealed in > the Holy Bible. In the same manner, He also used to > point out the sacred utterance ‘Ana’l-Haq’ in > the Islamic Religion al-Haq is one of the 99 names > of Allah, and means ‘the reality’ or ‘the > truth’; “Ana’l-Haq†means ‘I am the > reality’, and is a sacred utterance made by > Hallaj, a famous Sufi Sage]. Sri Bhagavan used to > explain that the final aim of all these religions is > to make one know the Self. > > Those who always worship the holy Feet of Allah > [God] will achieve all benefits and happiness > together, having extinguished all the

fire of > suffering of the imaginary mental life led by them > on account of wicked and sinful actions [karmas]. > > Sadhu Om: Since this is advice given to some > Muslims, Sri Bhagavan used the word ‘Allah’ > instead of God. > > Source: GURU VACHAKA KOVAI The Light of Supreme > Truth or THE COLLECTION OF GURU’S SAYINGS > translated from original Tamil By Sadhu Om and > Michael James > > Guru Vachaka Kovai is the biggest collection of > Bhagavan’s spoken teachings that was thoroughly > checked and revised by him during his lifetime. As > such it has a unique place in the Ramana literature. > -- > Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya > Prasanth Jalasutram > > Love And Love Alone