IndiaDivine.org

SriRamaKrishna replies why he did not lead the life of a householder with his wife

Rate this topic

Guest guest

WHEN asked why he did not lead the life of a householder with his wife, the Master replied:'Kartikeya (Son of Siva) one day happened to scratch a cat with his nail. On going home, he saw that there was the mark of a scratch on the cheek of his Divine Mother, Parvati. Seeing this he asked her, 'Mother, low did you get this ugly scratch on your cheek?' The mother of the universe replied,'This is the work of your own hand; it is the scratch of your nail.' Kartikeya asked in wonder: 'How is it, Mother? I do not remember to have scratched you at any time. The Mother replied, 'Darling, have you forgotten the fact of your laving scratched a cat this morning?' Kartikeya said, Yes, I did scratch a cat, but how did your cheek get the scar?' 

The Mother replied, 'Dear child, nothing exists in this world but Myself. The whole creation is Myself; whomsoever you may hurt, you only hurt me.'Kartikeya was greatly surprised to hear this; and then he determined never to marry. For, whom could he marry? Every woman was mother to him.

Realizing thus the motherhood of woman, he gave up marriage. I am like Kartikeya. I consider every woman as my Divine Mother. " Source: Tales and Parables of Sri Ramakrishna

-- Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Prasanth JalasutramLove And Love Alone