IndiaDivine.org

Sri Ramakrishna Says There Are Three Obstacles In The Way Of Perfection

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Turning to the doctor, Sri Ramakrishna began: Do give up shyness, doctor. One should not be shy in repeating before others the Name of the Lord, or in dancing with joy while chanting His sweet name. Do not care what people may say. 

There is a proverb: " Three obstacles lie in the way of perfection,--shyness, contempt(disrespect) and fear. " The shy man thinks: " I, who am so important, how can I dance in the name of the Lord? What will other great people say if they hear of it? " They may say: " What a shame! The poor doctor has lost his head! He has danced while chanting the Name of the Lord! " Give up all such foolish ideas. 

Doctor: That is not my line at all. I do not care what people say. Sri Ramakrishna (smiling): On the contrary, [p. 389] you do care very much. Go beyond knowledge and ignorance, then you will realize God. Knowledge of diversity is ignorance. The egotism bred of erudition proceeds from ignorance. That knowledge by which we know that God exists everywhere is true knowledge. But to know Him intimately is realization (Vijnana). 

Source: THE GOSPEL OF RAMAKRISHNA Revised by SWAMI ABHEDANANDA

-- Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Prasanth JalasutramLove And Love Alone