IndiaDivine.org

A Lady Devotee Who Sees Ramana Maharshi As A Little Child

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sometime in 1944-45, a devotee by name Somasundaram Pillai came to Arunachala with the intention of staying in the Ashram permanently. His wife is also a great devotee of Bhagavan. Her devotion is however of a peculiar nature. 

It seems Bhagavan once appeared to her in a dream as a little child; so she wrote some verses about feeding the little child,bathing it, putting it in a cradle and lulling it to sleep. 

She began singing those songs in the hall and at times used to faint after getting into an ecstasy. Her relatives used to take her home on such occasions with a strong belief that it was a divine blessing. Bhagavan watched the whole thing with amusement but kept quiet. One day, she brought a cradle, sat opposite to Bhagavan in the hall, kept a small photo of his in it, rocked the cradle and began singing a lullaby. She had by her side a diaper bag with a spare bed and children’s clothing.People in the hall were witnessing the whole thing with curiosity.

She says, ‘Come my little child; I will give you milk; I will give you a bath; I will give you food; I will put you to sleep.’ She is doing all this in my very presence. What to tell them! People do all sorts of funny things according to their preconceived notions. We have merely to keep quiet witnessing them,” said Bhagavan.

Source: Letters from Sri Ramanasramam VOLUMES I, II & Letters from and Recollections of Sri Ramanasramam By SURI NAGAMMA Translated by D. S. SASTRI

-- Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Prasanth JalasutramLove And Love Alone