IndiaDivine.org

Arise, Go Forward!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

--- On Sun, 8/11/09, www spiritual-teaching com <sadasivananda wrote:

DON'T GET STUCK IN THE MUD !www.spiritual-teaching.com

"Without understanding it aright, people think that the Guru teaches the disciple something like "TATVAMASI" and that the disciple realises "I am Brahman". In their ignorance they conceive of Brahman as something more huge and powerful than anything else. With a limited'I' the man is so stuck up and wild. What will be the case if the same 'I' grows up enormous? He will be enormously ignorant and foolish! This false 'I' must perish. Its annihilation is the fruit of Guru seva. Realisation is eternal and it is not newly brought about by the Guru.He helps in the removal of ignorance. That is all."From Talks #350

One man, although deeply attracted to the Master, would not listen to his advice, but the Master said of him:

"I cannot be angry, for I see that God is in his heart. He makes many bad mistakes, but he is good and God knows that. If he would let me I would lead him to God, but nethertheless he will get there in time. He is a Cadillac stuck in the mud." From 'The Master Said' 1952, Wisdom of Paramhansa Yogananda

"The endeavor to keep the mind constantly engaged in the contemplation of That is man's duty as a human being. Do not escape by saying: "I cannot". you will have to develop the capacity for it; you will have to do it. For a human being everything is possible. By God's grace you have been born in a human body. If someone is knocked down, he surely does not remain lying down in the mud. He rises, stands up and walks on again. The speed of one's advance must become swift. For those who are pilgrims it is necessary to forge ahead with great vitality, vigor, vivacity and velocity. Do not proceed leisurely sitting comfortably in a hackney carriage."From Matri Vani (Words of Anandamayi Ma)

© 2009 www spiritual-teaching com

This email was sent by www spiritual-teaching com, Arunachala, Tiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu 606603, using Express Email Marketing. You were added to this list as alanadamsjacobs on 7/3/2009.

Express Email Marketing supports permission-based email marketing. You can change your preferences or from this mailing list at any time.